Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Srs Warning Light! What You Need To Know…it’s A Safety Issue.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Srs Warning Light! What You Need To Know…it’s A Safety Issue.. (890 Views)

KIA Picanto: Please Who Knows What This Warning Light Means??? / What Causes The Brake Warning Light To Come On? / Why Your BRAKE Warning Light Stays On After Releasing Your Parking Brake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Srs Warning Light! What You Need To Know…it’s A Safety Issue.. by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 21, 2018
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SRS SIGN

Have you ever had that annoying light illuminated at your instrument cluster and wondered what it meant?

The SRS warning light refers to the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) and is most commonly known as the airbag system light. This is a computer controlled system designed to deploy one or more driver, passenger, and side airbags. The computer also tightens the seat belts to protect the vehicle occupants from physical harm during an impact caused by a collision.

The first thing you must do upon noticing that the SRS icon is permanently lit is to get the vehicle scanned by a competent auto-diagnostician, who it must be emphasised will use a professional-level diagnostic machine to do the job. This is important because almost all the do-it-yourself diagnostic tools out there cannot (I repeat cannot) scan SRS-related faults in automobiles.

Diagnosing the SRS sign, apart from using a good professional-level scanner, is a tricky task. This is because, aside the defect that may directly emanate from the airbag itself, faults in the steering wheel pad, front passenger airbag assembly, curtain shield airbag assembly, seat belt pretension and other related components can trigger the warning sign.

It has also been discovered that some auto technicians are ignorant, through bad working methods, like a roadside mechanic hammering away at the frame of a vehicle, which can be interpreted by the vehicle’s computer as an incident akin to a crash and thereby either dangerously deploys the air-bag or cause the defect in the system.

For your Auto repair work visit Automedics

N.B some of these piece where culled from the internet
Re: Srs Warning Light! What You Need To Know…it’s A Safety Issue.. by fleksy: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2018
For all your car mechanical challenges....call me on 08025438389

I offer free consultation. I value helping people and providing solutions.that call would save you a lot cost-wise before repairs

I am based in Gbagada Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

3 Signs Or Symptoms Of A Failing Fuel Filler Cap / Are My Car Wheels Right For An Alignment? / Axle Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.