Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

HEBREWS 4 VS 15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HEBREWS 4 VS 15 (290 Views)

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / “it Is Appointed Unto Men Once To Die” — Understanding Hebrews 9:27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HEBREWS 4 VS 15 by christiansister: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2018
I so much love this verse of the Bible. Like I'm in love with it. I encountered this scripture in 2016 when I was going through an emotional battle. I hated myself, I condemned myself and criticized my spiritual life. All these made me want to give up on following the Christ because I felt God did not love anymore. All these continued until I came across this scripture.

Easy-to-read version puts it this way "Jesus, our high priest is able to understand our weaknesses"
Message version says "We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality"
King James says "For we have not an high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities"

These translation says it all. When I came across my this I began to tell myself "Naomi, if God understands your weakness, why then do you condemn yourself when you can just talk to him about it?"

Like most of us are like me. We feel because we crave to love God, we don't have weaknesses to deal with. There are weaknesses that if you don't handle them quick, the devil will use it against you. Being a Christian Sister, does not mean you should ignore your weaknesses. Knowing your weaknesses, it a sign of growth and maturity. It does not make you less of a child of God.

Identity your weakness and talk to someone who can relate with you. obviously, that person is no one other than our ever-loving Father. He will never use it against you because He is an understanding Father. He created you, so He knows your weaknesses. But all you need do is ASK God to help you.

Quit asking yourself "can God still love with these?" Girl, He loved you before that, all He wants you to do is tell Him about it. Talk to God about your weaknesses. I don't know what your weaknesses are but for some people it is anger, drugs, sexual addictions, and many more.

If you want to truly proof your love for God, tell Him what you are going through and He will show you the way out. The Bible says the enemy moves around like a roaring lion looking for who to destroy. Don't give the devil a chance. Handle your weaknesses before the devil handles them for you.

After asking God for help what do I do? Philippians 4 vs 8 says whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good reports think on these things. You cannot be asking God for help and be thinking on the things that could actually make you weak. No! No! No!

Your weaknesses does not define you! it's either you choose to let them go or they control you!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Devotional 1/05/2018 / Exhortation / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/05/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.