Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nigerian Institutions; The Temples Of Arbitrariness - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Institutions; The Temples Of Arbitrariness (228 Views)

Nigerian Institutions Will Reopen As NASU And SSANU End Their Strike. / Why Is It So Hard To Obtain Transcripts From Nigerian Institutions? / JAMB CUT OFF MARK 2018/2019 FOR ALL NIGERIAN INSTITUTIONS - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Institutions; The Temples Of Arbitrariness by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
NGERIAN INSTITUTIONS; THE TEMPLES OF ARBITRARINESS

On daily track, the quest to grow further and stronger in the academic realm bewilders majority of the masses. Maybe this growing academic hunger would have been a propelling factor towards the development of the nation in all regards as this would facilitate unending flow of new innovations and ideologies. Scientific discoveries would be skyrocketed and the burden on human labour would be far alleviated. But contradictory to the expectations, the immense hunger chameleoned to be a bedrock on which unfathomable inhumane acts root.

The public basic schooling system in the country dances drastically against prosperous further schoolings as the setting remains absolutely appalling and disheartening.

As it is not obtainable for all to afford attending private institutions (from Start to Stop), a few manage to lay solid foundations by struggling to send their kids to private basic schools but which are in most cases eventually voided as public schools oversee the rest of the schoolings at higher levels, the points of most parents' incapacitation.

SHOULD ATTENDING PUBLIC SCHOOLS BE AN UNPLEASING RESOLUTION EVEN AT POINTS OF FINANCIAL INCAPACITATION??

Yes, is the Nigerian answer to this at the elementary to secondary levels of education. Once you can't afford to attend/be sent to private schools, bear the consequences.

I can remember being taught the practical aspects of my secondary school subjects only few days to Waec exam. How do I attain proficiency? I would have rather gone to a private school had I needed that. But where was the money?

At the tertiary institution levels, the whole story becomes a show of blatant ambiguity as the clock assumes anti-self journey. Imaginations capture but the unrealistic parts of the phenomena. Until one is jettisoned in an abyss of confusion with countless convincing answers fighting for consideration to the question.
One's vocal bud would be keen to answer NO, considering the fact that the Public institutions undoubtedly gives the best quality in terms of academic grooming, they host the best academic erudites. But on the verge of conclusion, the counter-thoughts of other glaring aspects where their flaws dominate overshadow this, hence replaces the coming NO with YES.

With this, an attentive mind will mind to inquire what aspects?

A question which would be best answered by our dear students on campuses.
"We study in hell" would be an understatement.

A brief encapsulation might convey one-tenth of what is actually obtainable on campuses.

Since the affordable school fees schedules which would have made one say they favour the struggle are now been skyrocketed into mouthwashing amounts. This point is no longer secured.
Fee hike in most state owned higher institutions, UI medical students' newly introduced fee among other federal institutions which might later decide to join the league when observed to be successfully launched will substantiate this very fact. Since no one is there to check their craziness.

Then why do we still call them public shools?

The wrong steps adopted by majority on the process of seeking admission goes a long way to make their period of study in the higher institutions an evergreen regret

Why gaining admission with malpractices (financially and academically) that do not promise to see you through the years of study?
Required special academic prowess which was never prepared for remains the pioneer short-term attack for these fellows upon getting to campus.
As withdrawal would seem calamitous, rummages for drastic and everlasting solution uncovers the long-term attacks which if embraced might last till the convocation day.
Monetary and sexual enslavement by either the lecturers or student colleagues grasp for victims. Both practices have hijacked the kingdom on campuses. Especially, the sexual enslavement which turns most campus ladies to lecturers'/colleagues' fairly used.
The recent revelation of oau sex-for-grade scandalous acts will corroborate this point.
Though this is usually the cause of the students in most cases due to the aforementioned fact coupled with their provocative ways of dressing but the fact that the school managements also play considerable roles in perpetuating this act cannot be over emphasized for their erroneous systems which grant lecturers hyperabsolute authority to determine the academic success of the students. This gives room for the crazy ones among them to force even the merit students to dance to their horrific tunes. The most irritating fact is the management tendering flimsy excuses on account of those disclosed to be guilty of such acts, all in the name of retaining the school's integrity. "To hell with t
Reasons for physical assaults, unnecessary apprehension, vicious killings amongst other brutality being made the daily tonic for the campus students in our public institutions gets no space in a sane brain.

If the schools found it unfeasible to eradicate any source of these on campuses, at least they shouldn't stand to be the sources themselves. But the reverse has been the case in our institutions as the cupidity for absolute dominance of the school senates even at the detriment of the students floods the daily headlines.
Student union government which has been the only body fighting for the students on campuses over the years back are now being silenced from all possible dimension.
Even students are being made stooges to the school management to help drag the welfare of their colleagues in the mud. After all, money is now the leading speech.

Now the BIG question is 'WHY ARE THE DECIDING BODIES SO HEARTLESS?'
The answer to this is not far fetched. Tracing all back to the fact that most of the stakeholders of those institutions also schooled in these same institutions and encountered the same difficulties, though might not have been this worst then. This made majority vow to either eradicate the coldness or transfer such to others if eventually opportuned. Now, here they are with their depraved mentality.
I doubt if these ridiculous acts in our public institutions will meet a stop should this trend fail to meet its demise.

'Confide in the lecturers' you say? How do we figure out the sane ones to trust since the faceless among them dominate?

Despite all these ordeal, first class grades are still placed in the den for students regardless of their performances.
"No one can graduate with first class as long as I remain in this department"
How can this source from a sane being who is not only a lecturer but a parent.
Well, there children are well settled in better hands, private institutions or even abroad for the bouyant ones.

Education, the best legacy? I would rather conclude that the adjective to be attached to one's educational legacy is strictly dependent of the institutions of attainment.

Patently, words alone cannot elucidate the reality unless witnessed. But I think I can now make a deep breathe, having poured out my the bitterness I feel in my heart.

Mr. Lit Writes

(1) (Reply)

How Zest Can Help Your Writing Career. / Advance Data Analytics And Financial Modelling / Project Topics And Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.