Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program (2354 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by oloyeagbaakin(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello ladies and gentle men currently running my masters in one of the federal universities we have in Nigeria currently tired of the program and thinking of deferring it till when am more okay. The constant financial burden with no one to help after it no job will be story tired jare, any advise?

1 Like

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by TOMSY(f): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Op is it the financial burden really unbearable, or you're just tired of the program?. If it's the latter, I'll urge you to persevere, as procrastination is really a thief of time. However if you're CERTAIN you can't cope financially, them just defer the admission and please don't forget to pick it up immediately the money comes. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by oloyeagbaakin(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
TOMSY:
Op is it the financial burden really unbearable, or you're just tired of the program?. If it's the latter, I'll urge you to persevere, as procrastination is really a thief of time. However if you're CERTAIN you can't cope financially, them just defer the admission and please don't forget to pick it up immediately the money comes. Cheers.

It is a struggle I can still keep on going even due to the financial constraints but am afraid I might not really need the degree when am finally thru with the program.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by TOMSY(f): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

It is a struggle I can still keep on going even due to the financial constraints but am afraid I might not really need the degree when am finally thru with the program.
Ok. You didn't give enough details before, as to whether the course is related to your choice of career. I don't believe there's any investment on self development that is a waste actually. Also, its always better to be occupied than leaving the mind idle. Once your mind is not idle, you tend to perform better when you eventually get a good job. If however you have something in mind to do that can occupy you and you're SURE it'll be productive, you can go for it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by oloyeagbaakin(m): 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
TOMSY:
Ok. You didn't give enough details before, as to whether the course is related to your choice of career. I don't believe there's any investment on self development that is a waste actually. Also, its always better to be occupied than leaving the mind idle. Once your mind is not idle, you tend to perform better when you eventually get a good job. If however you have something in mind to do that can occupy you and you're SURE it'll be productive, you can go for it.

I prefer running PGDE program instead of this Masters I find myself in
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2018
#LazyNigeriaYouth spotted! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by dejt4u(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

have you paid the tuition and other related fees? if yes, I will urge you to persevere and finish what you've already started.

3 Likes

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by BlackPantherxXx: 7:29am On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

"Prefer PGDE to Masters" shocked shocked shocked Village people alert!

Just kidding, but it's like saying you prefer Masters to PhD which is a "higher degree" in the same field - doesn't really make sense.

I would advise you to finish your studies if u can get the funds. I ALWAYS try to complete whatever task i start.

If you don't now, and later it becomes mandatory for you to do so in future, you would just have to go back and do in year 2028 what you would have forgotten in 2018.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by TOMSY(f): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

Please just try and finish this Master's program because I'm sure something prompted you to start it in the first place. Note that once you get your M.Sc. (for example) , even if you don't graduate with a Ph.D grade, you can just put-in for M.Phil, before your Ph.D,( in most schools) and you can choose to do your M.Phil in another related discipline. You could also just talk to your supervisor as he might be in the best position to advise you more. Thanks.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Gmekx(m): 8:17am On Apr 22, 2018
Just keep it up and get it over with
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by izzou(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2018
Follow your heart bro and take responsibility for your actions

If you are not capable to fund it anymore, and you have weighed all other options, I advise you defer

The people encouraging you will not contribute a dime to help. Na you wear the shoe, na you know as e dey pain smiley

Follow your heart. And make sure you take responsibility for whatever you decide

3 Likes

Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by eTECTIVe(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2018
If U are tired of running simply stop and take a rest...
airmirthd1:
#LazyNigeriaYouth spotted! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I think U are d lazier one considering u still can't com up with a new line
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Ay04z(m): 9:51am On Apr 22, 2018
How abt doing some side Huzle to. Balance tinz up..... Think......
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Randy100: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2018
Quit the program jare. People are picking money 2ru G+ and you are here struggling.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by abumeinben(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2018
Depends on the course you're threading bruh.

Defer and learn some IT skills. They always come handy when you least expect.

Special Advice from the leader of the LazyYouths movement.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
eTECTIVe:
If U are tired of running simply stop and take a rest...

I think U are d lazier one considering u still can't com up with a new line
?
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:
Hello ladies and gentle men currently running my masters in one of the federal universities we have in Nigeria currently tired of the program and thinking of deferring it till when am more okay. The constant financial burden with no one to help after it no job will be story tired jare, any advise?
Op, just try to get any job why you carry on with your program. Don't make salary a priority when u're searching for job. Though that's ironical, it would help broaden ur search.
I pray I made sense,
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

Hahaha it's always like that, don't drop, persevere, wait, you won't die, it will be over, that's how people face difficulty, it's trying to make you quite
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by ilevic(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

Gather all the money bro and goan start a piggery or poultry or a fish farm. Do it prayerfully and diligently. Come back in 5years' time and thank me
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Ayobami7(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
This my comment
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by oloyeagbaakin(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
ilevic:

Gather all the money bro and goan start a piggery or poultry or a fish farm. Do it prayerfully and diligently. Come back in 5years' time and thank me

am into business already have both pig farm and fish pond
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by ilevic(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
oloyeagbaakin:

am into business already have both pig farm and fish pond
Good. Continue wt ur masters den God will see u tru
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Martinez19(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2018
Abegi, complete what you have started. Education is not a guarantee of fat bank account but of mental development.
Re: Currently Running My Masters But Am Tired Of The Program by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 10, 2018
Randy100:
Quit the program jare. People are picking money 2ru G+ and you are here struggling.

Are you for real ? embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Education Replies ASUU / Uniport Mba Program / Unilag Acceptance Fees:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.