Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? (999 Views)

Amputee Who Does Menial Jobs Fixes A Road In Amassoma, Bayelsa State (Photos) / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Can One Be A Millionaire With Doing Menial Jobs In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello, please i would like to be clerified on this, most nigerians i have heard travelled out either said they are working in factory, as taxi drivers, hotel workers and so on.

My question is, are there no skilled jobs like in the I.T, oil and gas, journalism, enginering and construction.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying no nigerian is in the skilled sector but the percentage is very low and i want to know why, does it have something to do with our nigeria degree certificate.

Please i need answers.

Someone please take this to front page, i need answers to make a final decision.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 22, 2018
I dont think you will like the answer. I emailed you to discuss.
Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 22, 2018
hiawathia81:
I dont think you will like the answer. I emailed you to discuss.

Replied your mail already.

Please kindly highlight the cause sir.
Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by lifestyle1(m): 7:31am On Apr 22, 2018
What about health sector ?

Did you find out the percentage of Nigerians in that sector ?
Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by prodigyhenry: 8:31am On Apr 22, 2018
can you please send the reply to me, I also need an answer as well henryodidy@gmail.com
Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by dustydee: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2018
I don't know where you got your statistics from but there is no company that I have worked with that there are not many Nigerians. And these are engineering firms. Nigerians are every where doing very well. The problem is that a lot of them are silently making their money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 75 Percent Of Nigerians Abroad Engaged In Menial And Unskilled Jobs? by londoner: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
Op, where did you get your stats from?

From my own experience that 75 percent is too high. I suppose it depends on the circumstances that brought you abroad. People in general ( not just Nigerian) do between work jobs but it's not for long.
It depends on your circumstances really (education, funds, connections and background). 75 percent is not the reality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It / Which Countries Are Living Happiest? / How Air Peace Caged Passengers Onboard Smokey Plane In A Narrow Escape Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.