Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Scam Alert!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Scam Alert!!! (1502 Views)

Scam Alert On This Platform / Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!!! by SammieRexx(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2018
Good day nairalanders. I just wanna share this so that none of you wil fall victim of these cheap scam.
I wanted to buy a laptop and searched on jumia and after then various ads about laptop kept popping up on my Facebook wall. I was particularly tempted by one offer cuz of the price. That I can get a brand new HP pavilion 15 corei5 touchscreen at the rate of 96k was mouth watery so I placed a call to the advertised number.
The guy picked and told me its a clearance sale in Order to clear their warehouse in lokoja kogi state. I was little curious because I doubt if such a warehouse for the sale of laptops can be found in kogi but then since am in Abuja I decided I was gonna visit and see for myself before parting with a kobo of mine. He was actually advertising for people to pay and get it delivered to them.
Fastforward to today, I called the guy and asked for the full address to be sent to me, which he did immediately. I told him I was coming and he said OK. When I got to lokoja and tried tracing the address to no avail. Bike guys and shop owners around the area of the described address all claimed no such plaza and road existed. Infact I spent #600 on bike going up and down around the said Taiwo road. All this while I was calling him, he picked at first and repeated the exact direction sent to me. When I told him to describe to the bike guy, he ended the call and stopped taking my calls. I called him over twenty times within a period of two hours he didn't pick nor return the call. Na so I take return back to Abuja sharpaly and thanked God I didn't send the money for it to be delivered to me.
His details and screenshots of the address are attached below
Mods abeg front-page mek people know
Cc: lalasticlacla
Ishilove

Re: Scam Alert!!! by olaremint(m): 4:16am On Apr 22, 2018
God saved u that u were not greedy, u would have fallen for that scam. many gullible people would have sent money first

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert!!! by Lexusgs430: 5:21am On Apr 22, 2018
It's only lazy people that would still fall for this type of scam.......
Re: Scam Alert!!! by phazotron(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
see laptop you want to buy for 96k? greedy mutula.
Re: Scam Alert!!! by udemzyudex(m): 6:06am On Apr 23, 2018
This scam is not new naa, na old one.

They will give you mouth watering offer, then tell you to send half payment and gbam, you're a gonna.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert!!! by SammieRexx(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
phazotron:
see laptop you want to buy for 96k? greedy mutula.
Na u get ur mouth

(1) (Reply)

Neat UK Used Lenovo IdeaPad 3 - 8GB RAM, SSD, 11th Gen, Touchscreen, Affordable / Google trick: / Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.