Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? (654 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Man Rains Money On His Pastor In Church (Photos, Video) / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Ebios(m): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
l am an English teacher. l usually encourage my students to study and sometimes tell them that they can be more knowledgeable than l am in English( as some of my teachers used to say then).

Even in a family,it has been correctly and repeatedly said that the prayer of a father/mother is "MY CHILD SHOULD BE BETTER THAN I AM".

Statements like these are made to encourage a lesser person to attain great heights.

However, my pastor shocked me when he said in the congregation openly, " I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD U IN THIS CHURCH THAT YOU CAN'T BE MORE SPIRITUAL THAN YOUR PASTOR... "
Dear Nairalanders especially pastors,is my pastor's statement correct?
l see PRIDE and IGNORANCE in that statement.
If l am wrong, pls educate me.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by funmi4love(f): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
That is ignorance of the word and dealings of God because Jesus himself said "Greater works than these shall he do" John 14:12

2 Likes

Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Ebios(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
funmi4love:
That is ignorance of the word and dealings of God because Jesus himself said "Greater works than these shall he do" John 14:12
Very good, l think l like this response with it's quote
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Childofaking: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Èach of us have a separate personal relationship with God. So God deals with us as individuals on a personal level and some times this depends on our dedications to him as individuals.
Members or workers in a church can have more spiritual gifts than the pastor. Being a pastor does not guarantee your name in the book of life.

2 Likes

Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
If you think you are more spiritual than your pastor kindly take your leave from his church and go and start your own church or what is a professor doing under a master holder.. As long as you are still sitting under his anointing then you have to respect his authority.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
funmi4love:
if I then do greater works than Jesus because He said so does that then make me more spiritual than Jesus! Think.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Ebios(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tosinex:
If you think you are more spiritual than your pastor kindly take your leave from his church and go and start your own church or what is a professor doing under a master holder.. As long as you are still sitting under his anointing then you have to respect his authority.
What are u saying na?
Who is talking abt respect and disrespect here? It is obvious u didnt understand the topic...
We are talking abt one person claiming that bcus he is the pastor of the church,no other member can get to or more than his spiritual level,
ls it not God that makes one spiritual?
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by deebrain(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2018
It is actually encouraged. And it is a thing of pride to a good spiritual father.

But you must yet, be subject to him.

Thanks.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Feb 24
Ebios:
l am an English teacher. l usually encourage my students to study and sometimes tell them that they can be more knowledgeable than l am in English( as some of my teachers used to say then). Even in a family,it has been correctly and repeatedly said that the prayer of a father/mother is "MY CHILD SHOULD BE BETTER THAN I AM". Statements like these are made to encourage a lesser person to attain great heights. However, my pastor shocked me when he said in the congregation openly, " I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD U IN THIS CHURCH THAT YOU CAN'T BE MORE SPIRITUAL THAN YOUR PASTOR... " Dear Nairalanders especially pastors,is my pastor's statement correct?
l see PRIDE and IGNORANCE in that statement. If l am wrong, pls educate me.
Can an employee be said to be more successful than the CEO of the very company he or she works for/serves? tongue
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Ebios(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Can an employee be said to be more successful than the CEO of the very company he or she works for/serves?

Meaning?
That's a wrong analogy because the situation on ground is different from your anology.

We are talking about pastors and members Pastors are not CEOs but humans representing God but they are not God. God is the CEO of the churchtongue
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Mar 02
Ebios:
Meaning? That's a wrong analogy because the situation on ground is different from your anology. We are talking about pastors and members Pastors are not CEOs but humans representing God but they are not God. God is the CEO of the churchtongue
Look, open your eyes to see what is right in front of you as it is. Humans representing God? Are you sure you are OK upstairs? How can a perfect God have fallible humans representing Him? Your problem is you wish to usurp the man's seat in his own private business and are desperately using the mention of God to play your scam. Pastors and mogs are conmen — businessmen who use the name of God to lie to people up and down. You seem to think you can scam a pastor with your brand of scam. E no dey work! undecided
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Ebios(m): 10:17pm On Mar 04
Kobojunkie:
Look, open your eyes to see what is right in front of you as it is. Humans representing God? Are you sure you are OK upstairs? How can a perfect God have fallible humans representing Him? Your problem is you wish to usurp the man's seat in his own private business and are desperately using the mention of God to play your scam. Pastors and mogs are conmen — businessmen who use the name of God to lie to people up and down. You seem to think you can scam a pastor with your brand of scam. E no dey work! undecided
Can't u express yourself without being derogatory?
You know what, l won't bandy such derogatory words with you. No! I am more than that.
But you will later regret sounding derogatory by asking me if l am ok upstairs and calling me a scammer.
Jesus Christ was/is the One who said, "For every idle word you use on someone, you will give account of it on the day of judgement" (Matthew 12.36).
Except you repent and ask for forgiveness, you will definitely reap this derogatory seed you have sown.
It's not a threat; it's the word of God. Just continue.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Mar 04
Ebios:
■ Can't u express yourself without being derogatory? You know what, l won't bandy such derogatory words with you. No! I am more than that. But you will later regret sounding derogatory by asking me if l am ok upstairs and calling me a scammer. Jesus Christ was/is the One who said, "For every idle word you use on someone, you will give account of it on the day of judgement" (Matthew 12.36). Except you repent and ask for forgiveness, you will definitely reap this derogatory seed you have sown. It's not a threat; it's the word of God. Just continue.
Your pastors and mogs are scammers. They are just as bunch of scammers who know nothing of the spiritual. That equally means you who submit to them know nothing of the spiritual except the lies they have filled your heads with regarding such. Yet, you wish to one-up them by pretending to know the scam better than they do meaning you wish to scam them yourself. What exactly do you find derogatory about that? undecided
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 12:35am On Mar 05
@kobojunkie. I repeat again, are you a male or a female individual?
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 12:38am On Mar 07
@kobojunkie, you dey kraze o. I dey ask you question, u no wan answer me.
Re: Can't A Member Be More Spiritual Than His Pastor? by paxonel(m): 3:53am On Mar 07
Ebios:
l am an English teacher. l usually encourage my students to study and sometimes tell them that they can be more knowledgeable than l am in English( as some of my teachers used to say then).

Even in a family,it has been correctly and repeatedly said that the prayer of a father/mother is "MY CHILD SHOULD BE BETTER THAN I AM".

Statements like these are made to encourage a lesser person to attain great heights.

However, my pastor shocked me when he said in the congregation openly, " I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD U IN THIS CHURCH THAT YOU CAN'T BE MORE SPIRITUAL THAN YOUR PASTOR... "
Dear Nairalanders especially pastors,is my pastor's statement correct?
l see PRIDE and IGNORANCE in that statement.
If l am wrong, pls educate me.
Why do you want to be spiritual in the first place?
Is being spiritual a criterion to make heaven?

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? / “dead Man Walking” Returns To Life in T.B Joshua Church(photos) / ** The Unfailing Promises Of God ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.