Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Man City Star Leroy Sane Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Star Leroy Sane Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year Award (336 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year / Raheem Sterling Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man City Star Leroy Sane Wins PFA Young Player Of The Year Award by HotnaijaMarket(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Manchester City star Leroy Sane has won the PFA Young Player of the Year following a brilliant season for the Premier League title winners.

The 22-year-old has scored nine goals and produced 12 assists for his City team-mates, to help them win the English top flight title with five matches to spare.

Sane fended off competition from Harry Kane,Ederson, Marcus Rashford, Ryan Sessegnon and Raheem Sterling to land the prestigious award.

Sane's City team-mate Sterling, who has also thrived under Pep Guardiola this season, came third while Tottenham striker Kane took second.

Sane is the first player to win the award and win the Premier League in the same season since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2007.

The Germany international, who was absent from the event in London on Sunday night due to his commitments with City, accepted the award via video link.

He said: 'I am really honoured to win this award. I have to say also, thank you to allthe fans, to my team-mates, to the coaches, to Man City.

He is the first player to win the award and the Premier League since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2007'

And also congratulations to all the players who were voted with me to this award because they deserved to win this trophy too because they played a really good season for their clubs.'

Sane will be hoping to finish off the season in style and break even more history with City, who claimed a club record 29th top-flight win of the season against Swansea on Sunday.

Furthermore, the Etihad outfit could yet finish with the most points, most wins and most goals of any champions in Premier League history.

And they will be confident of going into the record books again, with their final four games of the season against West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton and Southampton. (Check more post @ www.ngfind.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo: Supreme Court Didn’t Sack Pinnick, Giwa Case Sent Back To High Court / Man Utd Fans Are Jealous Of Man City And Liverpool For One Key Reason / Mohamed Salah Wins PFA Fans' Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.