Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant (476 Views)

Slept With Her And Discovered Bruises On My Pen:s / A Growth Between My Lap And Scrotum (+18) / First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by callydon(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
A team of US doctors has successfully carried out the world's first total transplant of a pen!s and scrotum.

Surgeons at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, performed the operation on a soldier who had been wounded by a bomb in Afghanistan. They used a pen!s, scrotum and partial abdominal wall transplanted from a deceased donor.

They say the soldier should be able to regain sexual function, which is impossible with pen!s reconstructions.

The team of 11 surgeons performed the transplant over 14 hours on 26 March.

It is the first surgery on a combat veteran injured on duty and the first to transplant a complete section of tissue including the scrotum and surrounding abdominal area.

Doctors said the donor testicles were not transplanted, due to ethical considerations.

"While extremity amputations are visible and resultant disability obvious," said Dr WP Andrew Lee, head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Johns Hopkins University, during a telebriefing on Monday, "some war injuries are hidden and their impact not widely appreciated by others."

Dr Lee called Instruments wounds an "unspoken injury of war".

The soldier, who wishes to remain anonymous, said in a statement released by the university: "When I first woke up, I felt finally more normal like finally I'm okay now."

The first pen!s transplant in the US was in 2016 at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.

In 2014, South African surgeons performed the world's first successful pen!s transplant.

Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by callydon(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
More info here:

US soldier gets world's first pen!s and scrotum transplant

http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2018/04/us-soldier-gets-worlds-first-pens-and.html
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by general111(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
who was the donor?
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by Amirullaha(m): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Show us the before and after pics or We don't believe...
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by Amirullaha(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
general111:
who was the donor?
A "deceased donor"...
Just because of ftc you no read am you just rushed to comment...
#LazyNigerianYouth...

1 Like

Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by general111(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
Amirullaha:
A "deceased donor"... Just because of ftc you no read am you just rushed to comment... #LazyNigerianYouth...
my brother,e tire me...
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by callydon(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
general111:
my brother,e tire me...
Lol...
All join
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
nawao,anoda person prick.for me ,if it ain't big as mine I ain't taking it
Re: US Soldier Gets World's First Pen!s And Scrotum Transplant by Amirullaha(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
nawao,anoda person prick.for me ,if it ain't big as mine I ain't taking it
You barely have one prior to the transplant...

(1) (Reply)

#johesustrike2018: Our Healthcare Is Not For Sale / Photo Of A Giant Mosquito Spotted In Zing, Taraba State / Facts About Cold Water And Your Helath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.