Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro (987 Views)

Huawei P20 pro / 2020 Blind Camera Test By MKBHD / The Huawei Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2018
Popular YouTuber with over 6 million subscribers marques brownlee of MKBHD has given his verdict on the newest Huawei flagship which is supposedly the new king of camera phones. But in the end though he still picks the pixel 2 as the ultimate camera phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQG7m1BFeRc
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by henry007(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nairalanders don't have date for this kind of thing tbh. Show them something that is available on ground and they can afford then they would watch.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
henry007:
Nairalanders don't have date for this kind of thing tbh. Show them something that is available on ground and they can afford then they would watch.

Ur right, just that so much has been said about this phone to be ignored. Highest dxomark score. Big ups to Huawei for this phone, reminds me of Samsung in those days that pack every functions (both necessary and unnecessary) in their phones. If Huawei continue like this they might overtake Samsung. This phone is not perfect but I expect them to make it a lot better in it's sequel.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by henry007(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Ur right, just that so much has been said about this phone to be ignored. Highest dxomark score. Big ups to Huawei for this phone, reminds me of Samsung in those days that pack every functions (both necessary and unnecessary) in their phones. If Huawei continue like this they might overtake Samsung. This phone is not perfect but I expect them to make it a lot better in it's sequel.

The processor is still old gen from last year so we should be looking forward to devices with current gen processors. Google would best that DXOMark score, i can bet on it.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
henry007:

The processor is still old gen from last year so we should be looking forward to devices with current gen processors. Google would best that DXOMark score, i can bet on it.

Personally I don't see any difference using a year old high end processor on a phone other that bragging right that 'my phone has the latest processor. Though Huawei would have attracted more people if they had used snapdragon 845 on this phone. Their next processor Kirin 980 is not ready yet, maybe that's why they used the 970.

The software is still hit and miss, again reminds me of Samsung touchwiz before it was refined to Samsung experience which is now one of the best skins on a mobile phone right now. I can understand companies adding their own skin on top of stock android.. I mean if they don't then all phones will just look similar with stock android. I for once don't even like stock android.. its boring.

1 Like

Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by henry007(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Personally I don't see any difference using a year old high end processor on a phone other that bragging right that 'my phone has the latest processor. Though Huawei would have attracted more people if they had used snapdragon 845 on this phone. Their next processor Kirin 980 is not ready yet, maybe that's why they used the 970.

The people who buy phones with the latest processor every year don't make a jump until a phone with a better processor is releases. The people who would be jumping on a phone with last year's processor are probably coming from a much older flagship or even midrange phone.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
henry007:

The people who buy phones with the latest processor every year don't make a jump until a phone with a better processor is releases. The people who would be jumping on a phone with last year's processor are probably coming from a much older flagship or even midrange phone.

Actually the main attraction about this phone is the camera. The downside is Huawei has priced it too high. If this was like $100 or $150 cheaper than the Galaxy S9 plus a lot of people would buy it. But its same price as s9 plus, in some cases even more expensive especially in the US.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by henry007(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Actually the main attraction about this phone is the camera. The downside is Huawei has priced it too high. If this was like $100 or $150 cheaper than the Galaxy S9 plus a lot of people would buy it. But its same price as s9 plus, in some cases even more expensive especially in the US.

That's tragic.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by blaizy: 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
*clears throat and pics mic*

Have not been able to watch any review of the phone as my phone was stolen...but i read the review of andriodauthority website where it was fully disected..they said for an average camera freak the pixel 2 camera is better..but for those who are into photography and they do not just post on social media the p20 pro is better because it has several setting which they(andriodauthority) have not really gotten their hands on...they said the setting are plenty coupled with the ai stuff....that only if you are ready to take time to learn about the phones abilty then you can get it...they really praised tge camera..they got their own review unit in pari when they went for the event of the launch of d phone so andriodauthority are really trusted...sadly i cant view the video...i will still try to view it sha..but not nw ...

Huawei are really trying..i think the emotion ui too is up there tho not up to samsung experience sha...big ups to huawei sha...rumours have it that the kirin 980 will come out in the next mate series..which will be released later this year sha....i dont know how true it is sha...but wen it comes out then lets put it head to head with the snapdragon 845....

Mr greenhulk try and read the review of the huawei p20 pro from that andriodauthority site...just google search it...when u are less busy..because it is long sha...i was even lost at some point....

*drops mic*
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
blaizy:

Have not been able to watch any review of the phone as my phone was stolen...but i read the review of andriodauthority website where it was fully disected..they said for an average camera freak the pixel 2 camera is better..but for those who are into photography and they do not just post on social media the p20 pro is better because it has several setting which they(andriodauthority) have not really gotten their hands on...they said the setting are plenty coupled with the ai stuff....that only if you are ready to take time to learn about the phones abilty then you can get it...they really praised tge camera..they got their own review unit in pari when they went for the event of the launch of d phone so andriodauthority are really trusted...sadly i cant view the video...i will still try to view it sha..but not nw ...

Huawei are really trying..i think the emotion ui too is up there tho not up to samsung experience sha...big ups to huawei sha...rumours have it that the kirin 980 will come out in the next mate series..which will be released later this year sha....i dont know how true it is sha...but wen it comes out then lets put it head to head with the snapdragon 845....

Mr greenhulk try and read the review of the huawei p20 pro from that andriodauthority site...just google search it...when u are less busy..because it is long sha...i was even lost at some point....

*drops mic*

Roger that.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by ollah2: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2018
blaizy:

*drops mic*

Point and shoot is what most people do and Pixel excels in that department. When you go Pro using the Manuel settings then LG, Samsung and Huawei are the options. Sadly, reviewers don't really talk about it but they would when Google and Apple adopts this Manuel settings .
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2018
ollah2:

Point and shoot is what most people do and Pixel excels in that department. When you go Pro using the Manuel settings then LG, Samsung and Huawei are the options. Sadly, reviewers don't really talk about it but they would when Google and Apple adopts this Manuel settings .

Exactly. I think it was LG that started the manual mode from the g4 before others started adopting it. Most people that use camera phone just want a point and shoot camera that will take good pictures no matter the condition without having to tweak anything. For that pixel, Samsung, iPhones do a very good job. If u don't know what u are doing then there are chances u will take better pictures on galaxy s9 and pixel 2 most times than the p20 pro. But if u know how to use the right settings at every situation then the p20 pro rocks.
Re: MKBHD Finally Gives His Verdict On The Huawei P20 Pro by blaizy: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
ollah2:

very spot on..yh...those phones have more sophisticated settings...

So its really hard to pick which is better it depends on the user...the opinion will still be divided...

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Android Phone For 10k? / Airtel Now Steals Airtime from Account. / How Smartphones And Social Media Have Changed Humanity (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.