Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) (10228 Views)

Federal Job Or Private Job / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Handsomecole(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2018
So far it is a govt job. My brother jump on it. Depending on your qualification , you can even apply for study leave and upgrade and still get paid in the govt. From there u can move to lecture in a higher institution. You canbuild ur career in the civil service, you have job security and pension after retirement I guaranteed. You can even start ur private business and run it side by side. Gooduck an pray and plan.

1 Like

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by partnerbiz4: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2018
pedrilo:
no stress if u hav passion for teaching others. I teach and earn 140k monthly. It's like I'm paid to hav fun.

Abeg, are u teaching in the UK?
Abi which part of naija is that?

1 Like

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2018
Bluehill1051:
No joy for this guy o

Lol, i hate when somepeople knw what to do still yet they will ask stupid question
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:05am On Apr 30, 2018
pedrilo:
no stress if u hav passion for teaching others. I teach and earn 140k monthly. It's like I'm paid to hav fun.

Sorry can you help me with N10,000 you are nt using

2 Likes

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by crystalboss: 8:06am On Apr 30, 2018
united4men:
I currently work with a private real estate company & earn about 60k, cost of feeding & transport is high, job takes a lot of my time but enough experience from the job

I got an offer to teach in a govt. school, pay a bit above 60k, close to my residence so cost of feeding & transport will be lower, i'll have more time for other things

kindly advice on which one will be a better choice

Bro..I would advise yu take the government job.
becos:
1. it won't take much of yur time.
2. yu won't spent more in feeding n transportation
3.Government job don't get sack anyhow.
4.you would b a pensioner in time to come
5. you would have a lot of time for other business to
earn more money and you would have time for
family too
6.Lots more of other advantages.

NB: pls I need a job too,in case yu choose one,pls let me have the other space or find another for me,tnks
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by pedrilo: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2018
partnerbiz4:

I teach in a uni but I don't like using the tag 'Lecturer' I prefer 'Teacher'. Thanks
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2018
pedrilo:
Hmmm..which teaching job pays u #140k in a month

1 Like

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by qanda: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2018
It is difficult to give an advice without speaking with the individual seeking the advice. It all depends on the big picture, career goal and what his/her motivation is. If it is money, then such individual can go ahead. But if its career fulfillment and there is a possibility of growth in the current industry, then it is better the individual acquire more skills and intentionally work his/her way to the peak.

Well, as much as we know, you can still practice Real Estate while you take up your teaching job. However, is MONEY your SOLE motivation. Will you be happy teaching, will you give your best to your students, IF YES, Go ahead to accept the TEACHING job and continue to practise the Real Estate job by the side - get commissions on deals you get.

After Choosing a Career Path. It is equally important to be intentional about GROWTH by attending relevant Workshops and Seminars, writing Professional Exams to acquire recognized Certifications.

Download Career and Personal Development resources and Professional Exams Past Questions and Answers from Q and A App.
download the Q and A App from Google Playstore

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by pedrilo: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2018
Ameerah16:

Hmmm..which teaching job pays u #140k in a month
I teach in a uni but I don't like using the tag 'Lecturer' I prefer 'Teacher'. Thanks
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Jethrolite(m): 8:35am On Apr 30, 2018
united4men:
I currently work with a private real estate company & earn about 60k, cost of feeding & transport is high, job takes a lot of my time but enough experience from the job

I got an offer to teach in a govt. school, pay a bit above 60k, close to my residence so cost of feeding & transport will be lower, i'll have more time for other things

Get the government job, continue in real estate as a side hustle, if you're with NIESV then you should know how to exploit the market properly. Bid for all sorts of jobs from valuation to property management. I guess you're still young, set your target in your side hustle and build it until you have a substantial business there that by the time you retire from government, you won't be afraid of financial uncertainty.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Charly68: 8:50am On Apr 30, 2018
united4men:
. Why not do what gives you satisfaction & pursuing money..with time on your career in real estate,your breakthrough will come. As a matter of fact,one breakthrough can pay you a year's salary as a teacher .Do your best to endure and then you will breakthrough.. Never cross to teaching because of money or whatever..seek satisfaction & see future in your career

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2018
A situation wer we see govt jobs as d only secure jobs shows that there is a big problem in our country.... Shows tins are not working optimally and no value to humans cos regulatory bodies are not working well... It's a pity sha
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Hardeyhemy: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2018
pedrilo:

Bro, Abeg show me way! I did education and have a good grade. I need a teaching job that pays! Thanks
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 30, 2018
So, Teaching Is Not A Professional Job, Thanks For The Misinformation.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Draei: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2018
GIDIBANKZ:
Quit the two and sit at home....since you dont have sense to choose
grin grin grin
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:55am On Apr 30, 2018
klap4gbens:
So, Teaching Is Not A Professional Job, Thanks For The Misinformation.
grin grin cool
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by pedrilo: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hardeyhemy:

Bro, Abeg show me way! I did education and have a good grade. I need a teaching job that pays! Thanks
You need to be a master of education to enjoy the profession.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by ImaIma1(f): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Your choice should be based on your career path.

Have you chosen to ne a teacher or are tou just taking it for convenience?

Is there room for growth in the real estate job? I know real estate is really profitable and a good career path.

You know what you want to achieve in your life. Think deeply and answer the question yourself.

1 Like

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by CowrieKing: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
Weigh the options. For career progression, a lot of risky sacrifuce and ultimate abundance stick to your career path and pay ALL THE PRICE to reach the topmost top as soon as possible.

For job security, immediate gratification and a life of average choose the Govt teaching job.

I lay before you life and death the choice is yours.

ThisisCowrieking

1 Like

Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by nairalanduseles: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
kabarka:

Why? That's what the world has thrown to him.
What better thing do you have,tell us

dey there dey speak english ..........make i teach u game make ur parents proud
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by nairalanduseles: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
partnerbiz4:

no mind that yeye man na 140k a year him dey make him dey write a month
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by Legalese(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
I think you're being presented with an opportunity to apply your acquired experience from the real estate sector. Since you'll have more time and more money saved,i believe you should give yourself a shot while trusting God for guidance. I'm into real estate in Abuja. We could work together on some deals and see what comes of it.09075312621 Call or text me let's connect.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:05pm On May 02, 2018
Jethrolite:
Get the government job, continue in real estate as a side hustle, if you're with NIESV then you should know how to exploit the market properly. Bid for all sorts of jobs from valuation to property management. I guess you're still young, set your target in your side hustle and build it until you have a substantial business there that by the time you retire from government, you won't be afraid of financial uncertainty.

many thanks
My NIESV is in view & should be elected next year, by God's special grace.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:07pm On May 02, 2018
horlahsunbo225:
I will advise you to quit your job and go for teaching coz government job is more secure than private job
And there will be promotion and other benefit soon

thank you
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:09pm On May 02, 2018
xclntmoda:
There is stress in teaching job ooo, n it's worse if it's a private school.

it's a federal government school
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:10pm On May 02, 2018
Princebizzie:
Continue with professional job, if you don't do Education in school and you go into teaching except at higher institution level, you may find yourself in trouble one day except you are ready to go for PGDE. Cheers

thanks, someone told me this as well
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:12pm On May 02, 2018
cenaboy:
Bro, please go and pick the offer, Government work is one of the jobs with highest job security in Nigeria and according to you, it pays higher and closer to your residence please pick it, and in your spare time you can start up a small boz or open an office close to your school, put a secondary school leaves as a secretary when customer comes you just excuse yourself fro. the school and attend to your customer.

do you think the school will give me the opportunity of this from time to time, real estate requires a lot of inspection sometimes
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:12pm On May 02, 2018
GIDIBANKZ:
Quit the two and sit at home....since you dont have sense to choose

you've gotten the likes you came for, now run along.......thank you
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 5:25pm On May 02, 2018
crystalboss:

Bro..I would advise yu take the government job.
becos:
1. it won't take much of yur time.
2. yu won't spent more in feeding n transportation
3.Government job don't get sack anyhow.
4.you would b a pensioner in time to come
5. you would have a lot of time for other business to
earn more money and you would have time for
family too
6.Lots more of other advantages.

NB: pls I need a job too,in case yu choose one,pls let me have the other space or find another for me,tnks

send me a pm if you studied estate management, though I'm yet to make up my mind
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by crystalboss: 7:19pm On May 02, 2018
united4men:

send me a pm if you studied estate management, though I'm yet to make up my mind

I sent email to you, but I don't know if it went through becos I have not sent pm before.

this is my email: pascal.dgreat@yahoo.com
my number: 08074397351

I studied Electrical Engineering, but I can do anything, am a very fast learner.pls give me a chance.I would send my cv.I won't b a disappointment by God's Grace.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by xclntmoda(f): 12:29pm On May 04, 2018
it's a federal government school[/quote] Better,d workload won't be much then, u can go 4 it.
Re: Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) by united4men: 4:40pm On May 04, 2018
xclntmoda:

it's a federal government school Better,d workload won't be much then, u can go 4 it.

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Loan Or Student Loan Which One Has A Better Economic Value / Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days / Cips Vs. Cipsmn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.