Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Please Advice Me On What To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me On What To Do (737 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On What To Do by bian: 2:57am On May 18, 2010
I live abroad and i'm planing on having a traditional wedding but worried about the safety of my husband, he is a foreigner white and is not safe for him going to Rivers State Port-harcourt.

So i was thinking if it is possible for us to do it here without both of us being present in Nigeria but my father said no, so i came up with another idea of doing the traditional mariage in lagos or abuja cos it is safer but expensive to transport everyone down there.

My dad said it will be better to do it in the village or Port-harcourt what should i do?

We already did court and white wedding here in his country and now we like to do the traditional mariage very soon but i am worried about his safety to port harcourt, my family told me that traditional mariage is the most important thing in married life.

Should we forget about the traditional mariage?
And what is so important about traditional mariage?

I just need an advice on how to go with this or to make it work and how to convince my dad to accept it, traditional mariage is very expensive in River state and once they discover my husband is white they might double the bride price, so we are only preparing for it and how we can go about it, we are legally married but i still want my traditional wedding so that i can be recognised as a married woman in my family according to custom or tradition. Your advice will be appreciated.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by Nobody: 10:21am On May 18, 2010
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by Nobody: 11:06am On May 18, 2010
There are many white Guys in Port Harcourt, so it may not be as worst as you hear over there. But that doesn't mean you underestimate the need for security measures.

You can hire the services of the Nigerian Army throughout the period of your stay. I am sure this will not cost you much if you really want to be secured.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by OAM4J: 2:44am On May 20, 2010
I beg, it is not that bad. He only need to be security conscious which applies to everyone, white or black.

if you are still uncomfortable, Let your husband remain in Lagos till the wedding day, he can fly to Portharcourt and return same day.

Anyway whatever you decide, congratulations and happy married life.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by blank(f): 6:59am On May 20, 2010
I don't know which tribe ur from but traditional wedding is very important in my tribe.
Ur viewed as not married until the traditional wedding is done.
I am wondering why ur folks don't want u guys to do it in absentia.
I am from the East but i did my traditional wedding in my father's house in Abuja cos of all the kidnappings.
My very good friend is not going home to do her's.
It will be done in absentia.
Make up ur mind and stick to it.

Better still, insist that u guys r not going to do it unless u don't have to return home for it.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by ayotoyin(f): 12:33pm On May 20, 2010
Hush!is it the security aspect that bothers you more or the traditional stuff being expensive?am sure both can be taking care of, just let him and few of his folks stay in Lagos, and travel to Port that day for the show , noone is gonna kinap your man, we have a lot of white people staying there, and to your parents, let them know that you guys have a say in the stuff, it's your day even though you are honouring them by bringing the traditional stuff. I wish you the best! [[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size][b][/b] wink wink
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by wizb: 4:15pm On May 20, 2010
It seems you are also worried about the cost. You can talk to your folks to do the traditional wedding in the village in your absence. They should just send you the bill. It wont be that expensive . I dont think Portharcourt is that bad there are whites living there.
If you want to come I think its safer not to come during christmas period.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by luap: 3:19pm On May 21, 2010
Go with instinct, your spidey senses are telling you something. Do not ignore them, and share them with your husband.

(1) (Reply)

Shared Or Separated Bed-room? / Women!! / Roof Over Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.