Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow (32576 Views)

Davido Paused His Performance To Look For His Missing $60k Ring At Event (Video) / Speed Darlington In Nigeria Ahead Of Zlatan Concert (video) / Davido Angry, Left As His Performance Was Disrupted By Touts In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by henryobinna(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
EricSmallz:
Jeez... I never knew this dude has dread locks. what happened to that cute low cut¿
he began smokingtoo much and wants to look like Marley.

It's Cole world

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:
The day I'm able to buy a cole album the legit version will be my happiest day. and greatest gift you can ever give me on a birthday is a compilation of every single audio cole has voiced till date right from inception!!!!!

Albums!!!

List of my favorite track from each album he's ever done

1985 buzzing! ----------------------- K.O.D
de javu buzzing! ------------------ 4 your eyez only
love yourz buzzing! ------------ 2014 forest hill drive
let nas down buzzing! --------born sinner
lost ones buzzing! ---------- Cole world : sideline story

Mixtape!!!

List of my favorite track from each mixtape he's ever done ,

Premeditated murder ------ Friday night live
Grown simba --------------------- The warm up
Rags to riches --------------------- The come up

Compilation album !!!

Folger's crystal ------------- Revenge of the dreamer's

EP's !!!!

Rise above -------------------- Truly yourz 1
Cousins -------------------------- Truly yourz 2
New york times-------------- Truly yourz 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite cole track??! hard choice to pick !

Give it up for "Rise Above"

After listening to 90% of his singles till date! having listened to 90% featuring , Having listened to 100% Album , i think over all I've listened to 97% all works that has a jcole voice in it!

Sadly lost most of these tracks to where i copied them when i sold my laptop. still hurt me till now!!!!!!!

Too lazy to compile from the ground up again but it will be a priceless gift if presented to me on my birthday may 14th!

Jcole is Nas rebirth! cold world no blanket! If you dont have a cole you get cold!

only thing left of my wishes is to sit with him and dbanj!
Man, listen to Bracket in KOD.

Damn!
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by skallion7(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
ehie:

effing psycho grammar nazi, when i see people who have a choice to be somewhere safe i wonder.

That people still come to this shytehole is a wonder, a place where everyone is running away from,
2000 doctors leaving everyday, visa applications run in billions, massive withdarwal of FDIs you sick Fvck still correct me on english, u are a nut
And how is that your problem, authentic_bastard!
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
sirelexzy:

i finally found a j cole addict like me grin
I thought I was the only Cole fanatic grin

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Abagworo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
"Appalling" is cross genre hit and will wow the audience more than the core hip hop tracks.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Larrysung(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:
The day I'm able to buy a cole album the legit version will be my happiest day. and greatest gift you can ever give me on a birthday is a compilation of every single audio cole has voiced till date right from inception!!!!!

Albums!!!

Mixtape!!!

Compilation album !!!

EP's !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After listening to 90% of his singles till date! having listened to 90% featuring , Having listened to 100% Album , i think over all I've listened to 97% all works that has a jcole voice in it!

Sadly lost most of these tracks to where i copied them when i sold my laptop. still hurt me till now!!!!!!!

Too lazy to compile from the ground up again but it will be a priceless gift if presented to me on my birthday may 14th!

Jcole is Nas rebirth! cold world no blanket! If you dont have a cole you get cold!

Sweet Jesus!
I thought I was a fan!

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by whizcartel(m): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

Albums!!!

Mixtape!!!

Compilation album !!!

EP's !!!!

All the king of all the fans...
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
crazygod:

Cardi B is not average. angry
And you will be surprised the number of music lovers that listen to J.Cole. The only rapper alive whose lyrics one can relate to. Philosopher extraordinaire cool
Cardi B is for people who're tired of Nicki Minaj.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by RealAlfranco: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

Albums!!!

Mixtape!!!

Compilation album !!!

EP's !!!!

Bro. I feel like crying.. embarassed embarassed . You see that oil? I mean that holy oil?? E full your head!!

King Simba

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
santislim8:

fellow Stan. Personally I have listened to most of his tracks too, I notice people tend to sleep on "Runaway ”
Runaway is one of my favourites.

" in this life there's no happy ending, only pure beginning followed by years of sinning and fake repentance.

"The preacher said we're made in the image of the lord, to which I replied 'are you sure?'"

J.Cole is a philosopher!

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by azpekuliar: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
Let Nas Down from the Born Sinner album
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Mryacks: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

Albums!!!

Mixtape!!!

Compilation album !!!

EP's !!!!

New York times...that track goes hard mahn. 50 cent's hook on it was something else too
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by troubleseller: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dirkcoyt:
Tru talk. U sleeping on Kevin's heart and ATM off KOD
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by JastSiryin(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
Fahrenhite:
If it's not Logic then i don't care.

Like for logic
Share for j.cole
See as you just fall logic hand... like that dude too, but he is nowhere near j. cole

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
7Alexander:

Kendrick, yes. Cole, totally no. Some of these rappers just play to the gallery. Cole is a good story teller, but lacks the sophistication of a rapper. No wordplay and punchline skills. Maybe, someone will soon say that Common is better than Ross.

I hope you've listened to Family Ties by Ross

No punchlines and wordplays? How many of Cole's songs do you know?

Lemme just drop one

"Throwing thousands in a strip club with Drizzy
Difference is I'm throwing four, he's throwing fifty
Beeches say you a rapper nigga, ain't you supposed to tip more?
I ain't seeing no puxxy baby, ain't you supposed to strip more?"

You see the wittiness in those lines?

3 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Outofsync(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
MrMystrO:

Exactly. To me and real music fans like me, there was no competition and there will never be. I have learnt to appreciate them both for at least keeping good hip hop alive in a time of madness and carnage that we have now called "Hiphop" music.

I rate them both differently at different phases in my life. Although i have been listening to them both since 2008,
When To p!mp a butterfly dropped, Kendrick Lamar was like the Savior of the world to me at that point because the album saved my life and helped me fight a very strong and almost suicidal depression i was going through at that time.

But then when he started dropping more commercial songs i started drifting more to cole for those deeper minded emotions i always long for in Rap music, which «For your eyes Only" kept me on ground very strong and eventually made Cole my current fav rapper till now, maybe until Kendrick drops something very very deep again like he always does. So I'll just say, we should be grateful for the both of them and for being alive in their time. Duality is the color of life, Played by God in everything, which should be enjoyed.. Wizkid davido, Ronaldo Messi, Kendrick Cole, Whatever man why can't you just enjoy them instead of argue who's the greatest and spoil the fun everytime? F*ck!!!

Truth brother, truth! It all has to do with your current state of mind and your life in general when listening to those two icons. I can never forget the first time I heard "Be free" and "January 28", the concepts of the songs were so relatable to challenges then that I felt he was peeking through my soul when he wrote that song.
And Lamar, "Alright" and "These walls" has legit saved someone I know from insanitygrin, no jokes, and DAMN.... is damn crazy.
The way they tell stories so beautifully with the slick wordplay and lyrical sophistication, and the REALNESS oF these works.... just genius.
People who compare them to me are just the guady kinda people intrested more in "fitting in" or the annoying uber obsessed kinda fans who just literally become Hip Hop Jehovah witnesses, shoving the "facts" at your face whether you like it or not gringrin

The fans need to stop their useless infighting and band against the new nonsense Hip Hop has become (I'm not looking at Lil pump..... ah swear cheesy)

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by troubleseller: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
aysuprano:
I can't wait to hear him sing no role models
Especially this part
There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas - probably in Tennessee that says fool me once, shame on - shame on you.
If you fool me we can't get fooled again

Fool me one time shame on you
Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you
Fool me three times, Bleep the peace signs
Load the chopper, let it rain on you
That was George Bush or somebody not J. Cole
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by shomutuski(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Fahrenhite:
If it's not Logic then i don't care.

Like for logic
Share for j.cole

who the Bleep is logic? logically he cant rap than jcole and he isnt still handsome than he is
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by troubleseller: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
kinkybunny:

lil pump boutta drop an album full of messages.
Are u fvcking serious?

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by thunderbabs: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
Has he come to do operation python dance for buhari?

Mk he hlp us comot buhari shocked
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by chuksisaac: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
I been think sey na only me dey listen to j cole for naija....we should rally and make this a treat for us his fans....na how much be the show sef....lemmi know if i can afford it
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Segzy008(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
For your eyes only
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by ajogbogo(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
WELCOME ! Man, it's hard to trust friends when the paranoia blends With the marijuana, wonder will this high ever end?

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
KOPT33:

He already did.... lyricis below:

Gucci gang - Gucci gang - Gucci gang x35
Pussy clam - sussy came - I'mma to get that bitch pussy x35

Plenty messages in there, ain't it?
grin grin

No wonder Cole lumped all the 'Lil' men in 1985 and lighted them up!

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Outofsync(m): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

I wasn't going to compare them and truly yea they both respect each other.
Even got fans anticipating a duo mixtape.

But when I hear someone say Cole is higher than K.dot I cringe.

There is a reason why I like BIGGY over PAC. BIGGY let's the music take over you, flows as slippery as eel. while PAC always have it hardened up most of the time.

Sane here, J.Cole has a way of telling stories in his rap, but u need to be prepared to listen to it. With Kendrick, he has this very catchy flow that you would listen to it even if you didn't plan to.

To me, sometimes J.Cole makes me feel sleepy lol.
Kendrick awaken my senses.

likewise
PAC lines I must be prepared to listen to understand
but with BIGGY, I just fall in love with the flow before the actual lines

When I got the DAMN album. I didn't need to think twice that this would be the beat RAP ALBUM.

for now let J.Cole enjoy the moment.
JOYNER LUCAS album could drop this year and that would be a Contender for Best Rap Album
• Everyone has their preferences, you enjoy flows, others enjoy hard lyrics. It's like coke and fanta, so why the whole hassle. Some people, real Hip Hop fans, find it hard to listen to Kendrick PRECISELY because of the flows you like. They don't like jazzy or soft tempo Kdot uses in his songs, they, ironically, also says it makes them sleep! cheesy

I personally cannot listen to Lamar unless there is silence all around me because I always want to catch the lyrics but Cole, omo, na everywhere I fit hear am.

And there are obsessed fans everywhere, ignore em and just enjoy the music bro.

P. S : Lucas is channelling Cole, like kilode. He's rising but he isn't there yet. He and logic still dey beef
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
MrMystrO:

Exactly. To me and real music fans like me, there was no competition and there will never be. I have learnt to appreciate them both for at least keeping good hip hop alive in a time of madness and carnage that we have now called "Hiphop" music.

I rate them both differently at different phases in my life. Although i have been listening to them both since 2008,
When To p!mp a butterfly dropped, Kendrick Lamar was like the Savior of the world to me at that point because the album saved my life and helped me fight a very strong and almost suicidal depression i was going through at that time.

But then when he started dropping more commercial songs i started drifting more to cole for those deeper minded emotions i always long for in Rap music, which «For your eyes Only" kept me on ground very strong and eventually made Cole my current fav rapper till now, maybe until Kendrick drops something very very deep again like he always does. So I'll just say, we should be grateful for the both of them and for being alive in their time. Duality is the color of life, Played by God in everything, which should be enjoyed.. Wizkid davido, Ronaldo Messi, Kendrick Cole, Whatever man why can't you just enjoy them instead of argue who's the greatest and spoil the fun everytime? F*ck!!!
WTF... Fear on DAMN is deeper than any song on KOD.. Infact KOD is basically Cole trying to copy Damn. J cole is good but can never be as good as K Dot.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by herald9: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Haha Cole has never and will never be above K.dot (Kendrick Lamar).

Go listen to Black Friday by Kenridck Lamar, a beat J.Cole used I think in one of his forest hills album. and u will never listen to J.Coles track where he jumped on the same beat.

Kendrick Lamar took the beat, bodied it and left listeners gasping for me. Mind you this was bout 3yrs plus.

Download Black friday by Kendrick Lamar, and compare it to the same track where J.Cole jumped on the same beat.

Its incomparable.
No need for all these comparisons. They're all good at their games.

Just like Messi and C. Ronaldo.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by globemoney: 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Outofsync:

• Everyone has their preferences, you enjoy flows, others enjoy hard lyrics. It's like coke and fanta, so why the whole hassle. Some people, real Hip Hop fans, find it hard to listen to Kendrick PRECISELY because of the flows you like. They don't like jazzy or soft tempo Kdot uses in his songs, they, ironically, also says it makes them sleep! cheesy

I personally cannot listen to Lamar unless there is silence all around me because I always want to catch the lyrics but Cole, omo, na everywhere I fit hear am.

And there are obsessed fans everywhere, ignore em and just enjoy the music bro.

P. S : Lucas is channelling Cole, like kilode. He's rising but he isn't there yet. He and logic still dey beef
Lol.. Kendrick is more lyrical, has better flows, better storyteller than cole, you dont like him is a personal opinion but not because of the reasons you gave, there is no cole album as lyrical as TBAP, none with better storytelling as GKMC, none with better flows like DAMN. And I didnt get where you got your "real hip hop fans find it hard to listen to kendrick" when kendrick is already being rated as the greatest rapper of all time by real hip hop heads.
Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Kendrick80(m): 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
9jaown:
go get this album
This 2 grin

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Kendrick80(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
9jaown:
listen to his (this) album. And you will become a fan.
Worrrrrrd....Don't 4get born sinner and 4 your eyez only.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Kendrick80(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
sirelexzy:

i finally found a j cole addict like me grin
Same here...KiLL Edward

1 Like

Re: J. Cole Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of His Performance With Wizkid & Davido Tomorrow by Kendrick80(m): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
globemoney:

Lol.. Kendrick is more lyrical, has better flows, better storyteller than cole, you dont like him is a personal opinion but not because of the reasons you gave, there is no cole album as lyrical as TBAP, none with better storytelling as GKMC, none with better flows like DAMN. And I didnt get where you got your "real hip hop fans find it hard to listen to kendrick" when kendrick is already being rated as the greatest rapper of all time by real hip hop heads.
Imo u can't really compare both artists on whose better than d other.Just like Biggie/pac or Hov/Esco u dig...Love their work tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 36th Birthday Today (photos) / BBNaija’s Tacha Claims She Is 23 Years Old; Gets Blasted. She Reacts / Flavour Shows Off How He Works Out In The Gym…ladies Get In Here To Peek – PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.