Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup (3138 Views)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / South African Spies Storm Nigeria / Football Scout And Manager Storm Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by FBS: 9:58am On May 18, 2010
Valencia Storm Nigeria for Lagos Cup

Valencia of Spain will be one of the four teams that will compete for honours at the maiden edition of the Lagos State International Youth Cup Federation.
The competition, which is scheduled for August 1 to 8 at the main bowl of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos will also feature teams from South Africa, a Lagos State selected side and a yet to be named team from England. According to the organisers, a round robin format would be adopted after which the team with highest number of points emerges winner.

The competition is being funded by the Lagos State Government but with windows of opportunities for private sectors to come in and support the competition.
Each of the four teams is expected to feature 18 players and six officials and will also have the opportunity of touring the new Lagos.
The money for the winner is yet to be disclosed but there will be a giant trophy

http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=173537
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by honeric01(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2010
How about the age range? i mean, is it going to be U10, U13, U16 or what?

good thing shall, how i wish the principal's cup can be made more exciting by the state government, i mean, they should be able to televise principal's cup on the state TV station.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21pm On May 18, 2010
Valencia will most likely come with a second string team.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by honeric01(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Valencia will most likely come with a second string team.

It's a youth tournament, you can't expect them to come with their first team players in the first place, they prolly coming with their academy players.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 11:13pm On May 18, 2010
Same story.

Same thing was said before the beginning of the season that just ended.

Visited Teslim Balogun stadium on the supposedly start date and nobody knew if anything was happening, or when.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by FBS: 8:56am On May 19, 2010
^^^
For real?
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by honeric01(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2010
Shaunscot:

Same story.

Same thing was said before the beginning of the season that just ended.

Visited Teslim Balogun stadium on the supposedly start date and nobody knew if anything was happening, or when.

which one are u talking about?
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2010
Same advert about a youth tournament for August last year.

The tournament was supposed to feature Valencia, Genoa (italy) and Supersport (SA).

The tournament never held on the propsed date and as at that date(Aug 8 ), nobody (even people in the stadium) knew when it was postponed to.

I kept checking for a week and finally gave up.

I can remember clearly cause I'm a Valencia fan through and through and I was disappointed to see the likes of Isco grace our pitch (before the youth world cup).
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by honeric01(m): 1:31am On May 20, 2010
oic, i saw the billboard but didn't hear anything about that tournament again until you brought it up. anyways, maybe they are trying to right their wrong.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2010
For the Front page tag, Its Valencia CF not Valencia FC.

Spanish clubs use Club de Fútbol and not football club
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by toluxa1(m): 7:54am On May 20, 2010
Maybe He was writing in English and not Spanish. They are still a Football Club so FC can be used.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by showbobo(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2010
Shaunscot:

toluxa1:

Maybe He was writing in English and not Spanish. They are still a Football Club so FC can be used.

Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by kemisuga(f): 9:27am On May 20, 2010
No female fans here shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by vero216: 9:34am On May 20, 2010
Valencia will definetelly come with a second string team,but they have great academy teams.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by kshow1(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2010
Shaunscot:

Same advert about a youth tournament for August last year.

The tournament was supposed to feature Valencia, Genoa (italy) and Supersport (SA).

The tournament never held on the propsed date and as at that date(Aug 8 ), nobody (even people in the stadium) knew when it was postponed to.

I kept checking for a week and finally gave up.

I can remember clearly cause I'm a Valencia fan through and through and I was disappointed to see the likes of Isco grace our pitch (before the youth world cup).

Let's wait and keep our arms crossed till the scheduled date. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by SamMilla1(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2010
This is going to happen in August , thats months away from now.
Why is the topic called "storm Nigeria"
Looks like they are already here.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by texazzpete(m): 10:44am On May 20, 2010
Shaunscot:

We speak English here in Nigeria.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by amefi(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2010
@Kemisuga, wot r u? at least u r nt doin badly, tks 4 your contribution, it counts tho, lol
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Nobody: 11:44am On May 20, 2010
CAN I HEAR YOU SAY "fashola"
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 2:04pm On May 20, 2010
toluxa1:

texazzpete:

We speak English here in Nigeria.

Well, I dont know where you will find Valencia FC even on English sites.If you are going to speak English, speak English.If you are going to use abbreviations - then get it right.

Sam Milla:

This is going to happen in August , thats months away from now.
Why is the topic called "storm Nigeria"
Looks like they are already here.
vero216:

Valencia will definetelly come with a second string team,but they have great academy teams.

They are not here yet.However,they dont need to come with the second string teams, This is an opportunity for the Valencia youth team to get some playing time.
It all depends on the way they see/value the youth tournament we are hosting.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by honeric01(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2010
For God's sake, it's not valencia's main team that's coming, it's a youth tournament, it's only be academy boys that are coming.
@vero and co, take note, it's the academy players that are going to come.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by timpaker(m): 3:25pm On May 20, 2010
Valencia FC will destroy these Lagos boiz because they've got experience.
No arguments.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by denony(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2010
Is there any application for participation

I can't wait to grace the pitch 'LIVE'
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Desdo(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2010
I like the idea. This would go a long way to boost the game in the state n i hope it would be televised live
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by astuto: 6:47pm On May 20, 2010
I am very happy with this development. A Valencia FC team coming to Nigeria. Kudos to the organisers of this.

See what happens when necessary arrangements are made early enough? am sure it's not yesterday that these invitations were made. Once again, good work there, Lagos state Govt!
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 7:48pm On May 20, 2010
Im still sceptical about them comin since they f**ked up last year.

Anyway, watch outfor these guys, Juan Bernat and Francesco 'paco' Alcacer.

I doubt Isco will come again though but he will sure be another joy to watch.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by FBS: 9:33am On May 21, 2010
I guess this is a youth tournament.
And you right, that Isco guy is good.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by folahann(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2010
sure Valencia will be there with players we've never seen before. May sixth string side
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by alex406(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2010
I hope it will spring so many surprises as well.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by logica(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2010
Shaunscot:

Oh really? I wonder why Barcelona has the acronym FCB (Futbol Club Barcelona) then, and not CFB. Such a triviality.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by Shaunscot(m): 2:29pm On May 24, 2010
logica:

Oh really? I wonder why Barcelona has the acronym FCB (Futbol Club Barcelona) then, and not CFB. Such a triviality.

This should answer your question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona

folahann:

sure Valencia will be there with players we've never seen before. May sixth string side

The Youth team Valencia Mestella will be there.Mos likely the first team of their youth team, that is if they come.
Re: Valencia Storm Nigeria For Lagos Cup by tck2000(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Africa Needs Local Coaches e.g. Kanu - Lagerback / Suspension Of The Nigeria Football Federation Provisionally Lifted / U-17 World Cup Final: Nigeria Vs Mexico On Friday At 5:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.