Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,357 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient (486 Views)

Irrigation, Key To Food Self-sufficiency: Abdulrazaq / Local Rice And Paddy Rice From The Main Source / Investing In Agro-processin, Nigeria To Become Self-sufficient In A Few Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient by Adieza(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2018
Any sub saharan country can become self sufficient in food production in just three years. People keep arguing with me that it is not possible as if they are trying to prove to me that they have the right to remain poor.

There have been two obstacles to this happening:

1.) The people in government. I never thought any group of people would work against the development of their own people as the people in government in Africa. Everyone has made a victim of one another. As soon as people become civil servant they become oppressors of their fellow Africans.

2.) The people don't realise how easy this is to do. They think it is complex and complicated. So they are used as tools by some bezoars in government to saboteur any process that can put such transformation in place.

I was able to employ 50 persons and start feeding entire communities in Edo state within three months before the state government decided to work against me. Left alone, we would be farming 5,000 hectares by now in Edo state and contributing at least $50 million yearly to the GDP of the state.

People are thinking too small. That leaves some of us revving our engines perpetually without the opportunity to race.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=364560504050064&id=158338594672257

Re: 2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient by Adieza(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and seun cc: mynd44 and maclatunji
Re: 2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient by ice4u999(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2018
Adieza:
Any sub saharan country can become self sufficient in food production in just three years. People keep arguing with me that it is not possible as if they are trying to prove to me that they have the right to remain poor.

There have been two obstacles to this happening:

1.) The people in government. I never thought any group of people would work against the development of their own people as the people in government in Africa. Everyone has made a victim of one another. As soon as people become civil servant they become oppressors of their fellow Africans.

2.) The people don't realise how easy this is to do. They think it is complex and complicated. So they are used as tools by some bezoars in government to saboteur any process that can put such transformation in place.

I was able to employ 50 persons and start feeding entire communities in Edo state within three months before the state government decided to work against me. Left alone, we would be farming 5,000 hectares by now in Edo state and contributing at least $50 million yearly to the GDP of the state.

People are thinking too small. That leaves some of us revving our engines perpetually without the opportunity to race.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=364560504050064&id=158338594672257

How did Edo state Government go against you and what exactly were you farming? If you dont mind me asking
Re: 2 Main Reasons Nigeria Hasn't Been Food Self Sufficient by Adieza(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
ice4u999:

How did Edo state Government go against you and what exactly were you farming? If you dont mind me asking
I am just a blogger.
check for Aroms Farms Nigeria Limited on Google or facebook

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Fruit To Eat To Loss Weight And Belly Fat Quickly / 10,000 Qty Of Fingerlings Ready For Sale / Hybrid Cocoa Seedlings Forsale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.