Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust (49936 Views)

Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by autojosh: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Akute, Alagbole, Ajuwon and Yakoyo are towns within the Ogun-Lagos boarder location. They are situated less than 30 minutes’ drive away from the Ojodu-Berger bus stop.

Lately, residents of these locations have had cause to cry out due to the increasing cases of irritation of the eyes and airways, coughing, wheezing and difficulty breathing, aggravate asthma and other chronic lung conditions.

All these are as a result of the heavy cloud of dust that permanents hovers above that location due to the construction activity of the Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover.

Residents, especially commuters who ply the construction site of the Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover enormously exposed to this heavy haze of dust that hover around that axis.

Commuters, especially the ones who travel along that route in Okada and Keke Marwa, typically end their trips with very dusty clothes and vehciles.

A journey through the construction site lasts about 5 minutes. However, when there is heavy traffic, it can last as much as 20 minutes or more. And throughout the journey, a traveler is left to breathe in nothing but dust particles.

The cause of the dusty atmosphere there which is the construction of the flyover is part of 3 flyovers being constructed around that location.

The project commenced sometime in 2012 and was expected to be delivered under 30 months. Sadly, the delivery date has been surpassed by a few years shy of a decade. However, in recent days, construction activities at the flyover has picked up an impressive pace.

Indeed, the yearlong exposure to heavy cloud of dust particles has brought a lot of inconvenience and healthy challenges to thousands of residents and commuters living in that densely populated part of the Lagos-Ogun boarder location.

And the question on the lips of residents there is: How long will they suffer the dusty conditions?

https://autojosh.com/see-the-lagos-ogun-boarder-town-where-people-breathe-in-dust/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by autojosh: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Omihanifa: 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
How long will it take to complete ordinary this small fly over that is less than 1km only God knows the numbers of abandon project that amosun government will leave after may 29 2019

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by ikbnice(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
Eh! See serious health risk. Most times, I ask myself if truly we are being ruled in this country by humans with blood coursing through their body. Even a kid knows that this is dangerous.

16 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
I miss plying this route.

6 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by momodub: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nah wa
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Jaytecq(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Our leaders too ar Lazy.

4 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by emmyw(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
So I Should Fry Watermelon Abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by unknownsolja: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
WAKA to ogun state governor..they started this stuff before i comot for naija and till now them never complete am

11 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by HeyCorleone(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nigerian politicians and the need to drag projects.

It's like it gives them orgasms.

7 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by benedictnsi(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
It's a project that will make sense when it gets completed

2 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by DonMoga(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
i thought lagos is a clean state, where is this place?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Mathematical(f): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
cry

SERIOUS HEALTH RISK

1 Like

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by YorubaAssasin: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Isn't that the bridge that leads to Berger area? I drove past that area once and i was scared for my life.

6 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is Alagbole/Ojodu Berger Bridge that Amosun started since 2013. When the rains come, that place will turn to a river. It is five years now since work started on this structure and several others like it throughout that corridor, all in different stages of abandonment.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Dalexicographer(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Plzzz brothers and sisters...
I want you to help me have a view on this website...
I just created it today with the aim of being another nairaland..
I'm a fresher with just a little knowledge of website creation/designing...

dalexicographer.wixsite.com/9jarena
I'll really appreciate your efforts

1 Like

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by efilefun(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
Amosun is the worst governor in the entire south west. All the boarder road shared with Lagos are nothing to write home about. Agbara, Sango, Akute and others are all in sorry state.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Odmic2839(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
autojosh:
Akute, Alagbole, Ajuwon and Yakoyo are towns within the Ogun-Lagos boarder location. They are situated less than 30 minutes’ drive away from the Ojodu-Berger bus stop.

Lately, residents of these locations have had cause to cry out due to the increasing cases of irritation of the eyes and airways, coughing, wheezing and difficulty breathing, aggravate asthma and other chronic lung conditions.

All these are as a result of the heavy cloud of dust that permanents hovers above that location due to the construction activity of the Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover.

Residents, especially commuters who ply the construction site of the Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover enormously exposed to this heavy haze of dust that hover around that axis.

Commuters, especially the ones who travel along that route in Okada and Keke Marwa, typically end their trips with very dusty clothes and vehciles.

A journey through the construction site lasts about 5 minutes. However, when there is heavy traffic, it can last as much as 20 minutes or more. And throughout the journey, a traveler is left to breathe in nothing but dust particles.

The cause of the dusty atmosphere there which is the construction of the flyover is part of 3 flyovers being constructed around that location.

The project commenced sometime in 2012 and was expected to be delivered under 30 months. Sadly, the delivery date has been surpassed by a few years shy of a decade. However, in recent days, construction activities at the flyover has picked up an impressive pace.

Indeed, the yearlong exposure to heavy cloud of dust particles has brought a lot of inconvenience and healthy challenges to thousands of residents and commuters living in that densely populated part of the Lagos-Ogun boarder location.

And the question on the lips of residents there is: How long will they suffer the dusty conditions?

https://autojosh.com/see-the-lagos-ogun-boarder-town-where-people-breathe-in-dust/

I don't understand this and I will like a sound person to explain it to be, when there is a boundary that brings two state together. Is it d duty of d federal government or d two state or any of the state that wish to go for it?

2 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by favourbaby: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
Sights and sounds of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by YorubaAssasin: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:
I miss plying this route.

Really? Like say na Lekki you dey live now, abi? undecided

8 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by oshe11: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
This dust dey learn for Kogi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by debolayinka(m): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
Of all the Governors in Nigeria, Amosun is the worst when it comes to constructing good roads.

6 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by yinkus6750(m): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
[Read the headline again.
Lagos-Ogun border.
quote author=DonMoga post=67080893]i thought lagos is a clean state, where is this place?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Charly68: 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
So obasanjo couldn't fix it while in power ..very pathetic
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by toluleke(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
I ply that road cos I stay at akute well there is nothing to do. Let endure since there are no better roads network to get out of akute.
That bridge is the most silly waste of government fund I have ever seen destroyed houses and abandoned the project since 2013

4 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by maberry(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is bad
One can only imagine the life expectancy range of people living in this area

9 Likes

Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Projects like this are littered everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Onyenna(m): 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Not good...
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by shevjones(m): 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
LEMME NOTALK SHA IF I CURSE DEM NOW DEY WILL SAY I HAVE STARTED AGAIN
Re: See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust by Jaiscotty(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Camels Swim In The Ocean As They Migrate (Video) / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.