Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,168 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend (709 Views)

Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here / Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
We all know them; the ones that tear up at the slightest “yab”, the ones that you have to filter your words for fear of hurting them. Dealing with a highly sensitive friend can be quite a hassle. This is because you literally have to walk on eggshells when you are around them with the knowledge that one wrong move could set off the grenade, thus affecting the quality of your relationship.

Your typical highly sensitive friend may go over and beyond for the sake of those they hold dear. However, they have high expectations from you as well and will be offended when you do not meet up, thus temporarily withdrawing from you. It does not matter that you have been there for them the past four times; not coming through for them on the fifth may cause a negative reaction.

Furthermore, your highly sensitive friend may likely misinterpret your reactions. For example, if you feel sad around them without telling them the reason for the emotion you feel, they may be upset, attributing themselves as being the reason for the mood change (which they will not discuss with you).

Try not to take their reactions personally and believe that they cannot control the way they react. You can deal with them by reducing your expectations from them and accept them the way they are.

Sensitive people always want to feel like they are being heard, loved and understood, sometimes always. You need to find a balance if you want to nurture a rewarding relationship with them.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
If this is your issue my.desr I am.hapoy for you

I have 99 problems but dealing with a sensitive friend isn't one

I envy you bro

Get your PVC to assist those of us who have real lfe problems to fix Nigeria
Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by Mariangeles(f): 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
lestat:
If this is your issue my.desr I am.hapoy for you

I have 99 problems but dealing with a sensitive friend isn't one

I envy you bro

Get your PVC to assist those of us who have real lfe problems to fix Nigeria

grin grin grin
As if it's by force to be friends with someone don't relate the way you do....No be by force abeg!
For this kind Bubu time...
Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by Lalas247(f): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
so what's the issue
we all have different friends and not all are the same .. they bring something different to the table ... if its hard then why are u friends with the person
Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lalas247:
so what's the issue
we all have different friends and not all are the same .. they bring something different to the table ... if its hard then why are u friends with the person
Don't think its too hard to be polite

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by Lalas247(f): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Don't think its too hard to be polite
Meaning
Re: Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lalas247:
Meaning
Just be polite and it's fine

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Getting Divorce Papers / Help Needed For Motherless Twin Girls / Why Bring Others Down When You Have No Intention Of Helping Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.