Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible (598 Views)

Mention One Person You Admire The Most On Nairaland. / Uniuyo Cult Clash --- One Person Feared Dead / Be The First Person To Test Sancoj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by Bjainy: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
World’s first total penis, scrotum transplant done by US surgeons

For the first time, a team of US surgeons from Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, has managed to transplant the penis and the scrotum from a deceased donor to a recipient who had lost his genital organs during armed service.

According to a report by Medical News Today, the surgeons had been planning such an intervention since 2013.

In the telebriefing statement of the institution’s genitourinary programme, the programmme’s clinical director, Dr. Rick Redett, called the procedure “the culmination of more than 5 years of research and collaboration across multiple disciplines.”

The successful transplant was performed last month on a United States war veteran who lost his genital organs after the unexpected explosion of an improvised explosive device, MNT reported.

This diagram illustrates the penis and scrotum transplant performed by the Johns Hopkins surgeons. Image credit: Devon Stuart for Johns Hopkins Medicine

“It’s a real mind-boggling injury to suffer, it is not an easy one to accept,” confessed the recipient, who prefers to preserve his anonymity.

The transplant, he said, finally gave  him back a measure of confidence and stability.

“When I first woke up [after the intervention], I felt finally more normal… [and with] a level of confidence as well. Confidence… like finally I’m okay now,” he explains.

The surgery, which lasted 14 hours, was performed by a large team of doctors, anesthetists, and nurses led by Dr. W. P. Andrew Lee, the director of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

During the procedure, the penis, surrounding tissue, and scrotum — though not the testicles — of a deceased donor were grafted onto the recipient. This complex type of transplant surgery is called “vascularized composite allotransplantation.”

Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by countryfive: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
signs of the last days
Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by orisa37: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
Very good. Now I can have two to wag front and back.
Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by paix(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
It will look funny to see a black man with a white man's pen!s or vice versa.
Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by Cmyname(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Source?

Meaning the man is dead, but his manhood still lives on
Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by sirgalahad26(m): 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
so the guy is now dicknified!
DeadRat, come see something!
Re: Penis Transplant From One Person To Another Now Possible by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
sirgalahad26:
so the guy is now dicknified!
DeadRat, come see something!

Can They Give Me Two Pricks. One White, One Black

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Admin Pls Ban This Bloody Hacker From This Forum !! / See Video Of Snake Swallowing Woman's Night Gown / Will This Be Great As A Birthday Astonish For My Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.