Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma (44284 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Donates Jerseys To Heartland Queens (Picture). / Greek Super League Fixtures Suspended After Referee Attack! / Dana Air Presents Cheque Of N200,000 To Heartland Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Angelanest: 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
Few days ago in a match between Heartland of Owerri and the Nigerian Professional Football League defending Champions, Plateau United, Heartland football fans assaulted the referee to the point of coma and was admitted into hospital. According to several reports, the Heartland supporters were not impressed with a home draw, and faulted the performance of the officials for allowing to Plateau United equalise through a very late goal.

Below are the fines/punishment handed to the Owerri based club by the League Management Company, LMC

Heartland have been docked 3 accrued points after crowd trouble incident vs Plateau Utd on Matchday 18 (1)

Heartland will play their next 3 home matches behind closed doors(2)

Heartland team manager Mobi Oparaku suspended from all #NPFL activities for the next 10 matches (3)

Heartland have been fined N1m for encroachment immediately after their match vs Plateau Utd (4)

Heartland have also been fined N500,000 for failing to restrict unauthorized persons access to restricted areas during the match vs Plateau Utd (5)

Heartland have also been fined N1m for assault on match officials after game vs Plateau Utd. The club will also pay N1.25m as compensation to the match officials (6)

Another N500,000 fine will be paid by Heartland for failure to use & issue matchday tickets for record & crowd control purposes (7)

Heartland have been further fined N1m for issuing public statement capable of bringing the league to disrepute (8 )

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/breaking-lmc-ruling-on-heartland-crowd-violence.html

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Queenlovely(f): 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .
In 1998 my husband sponsored 4 young men to play for arsenal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hmm
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Okoroawusa: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
That's y I prefer Enyimba FC

15 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Luizkid(m): 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
So the officials don't know that in Nigerian League, Home Win sure?? grin grin

45 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by oloriooko(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
In addition to paying the officials they should be made to settle the hospital bills the assaulted ref incurred

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by fidelmarshal199: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
I thought they said the Nigerian premier league now conduct a fair match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by CowHard: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
All this fine just for assaulting the referee?
Will they not go bankrupt after meeting those demands

16 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by kaen1317: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
Its Rocha's things

5 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by kaen1317: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is what happens when u collect bribe and can't deliver

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by DoTheNeedful: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .

This pyscho lady is back. sad

How about your Harvard admission? grin.
https://www.nairaland.com/4064552/should-decline-havard-admission-continue

23 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by seunlayi(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Good
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by sujexy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
hmmm
meanwhile check my signature.... A friend might need it
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by jerflakes(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:

What should we do with this information?

35 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by budusky05(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ok
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by handsomeyinka(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Just sell heartland.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by seunlayi(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
seunlayi:
Good
I m very happy for that no 6.. 1m+ for the ref

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by kmaster007: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
y dem no bill dem at once.... make we no d actual price dem go pay.... dat y naija league no dey interesting to avoid beating like dis d hme side alwz win in Naija league
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:

""When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers"

Oh pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by PearlStreet(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:

Are psychiatric doctors on strike?

Why is this lady out again?

28 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by DaRuud(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thats why we can't progress past the first round in CAF Champions League
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by olusola200: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Need a scape goat
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Afam4eva(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Is it the same heartland that is already at the bottom of the table fighting for their life. With all these, they can a well send them to division 3.

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
We blame Rochas for transforming our youth into being harsh. His presence creates more danger to them. We told you not to vote, you went ahead, now that's an edge rigged into power. But, Heartland fans no try at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by nairalanduseles: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
IGBO AMAKA

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Luukasz(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
So your husband is the devil or you mean spirit husband?

5 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by afamaustin(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
Someone pls calculate it and tell me d total

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by oooppp2(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by emekatimsu(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
On the day of the match the referee really bleeped up. He refused blowing the final whistle despite the match time and extra have passed. Everyone was calling on him to blow the final whistle rather he was forming "super man" on the pitch. Heartland FC fans didn't find it funny with the referee and his officials but maintained there cool, not until Plateau FC equalized before the fans descended on the referee and his official. The center referee was beaten blue and black, not even the presence of the unarmed policemen could save him. I wish i could help him but who am i to withstand the venom of angry fans.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah, Eto, David Moyes Others Arrive Port Harcourt For Yobo Testimonial / David Luiz Injures Dani Ceballos During Training Ground Fight / Famous Footballers Involved In Ghastly Car Accidents (see List, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.