Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It (18563 Views)

Afobaje Maiyegun Who Beat His Wife Arrested By Police / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic / Husband & Wife & Their Children Walk Unclad On The Street Of Cape Town (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Nigerianblogs: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2018
35-year-old man identified as Nkemakolam Ugorji, and his wife, Happiness, have confessed that economic hardship made them to sell their two-day-old baby girl.
Ugorji and Happiness said they had been married for seven years and already had four, adding that they could not care for the fifth baby and therefore decided to give away the baby to foster parents.

Happiness said,
“My husband and I decided to sell our baby because of hardship. We have four children and my husband is not working. When I was pregnant, there was no money for me to go for antenatal and feeding was even a problem for us. That was why we decided to sell our baby.”

She added that it was the nurse who delivered her of the baby that connected them to the lady who helped them to sell the baby for the sum of N300,000.

On his own, Ugorji, who claimed to be an orphan, said since he relocated from PortHarcourt to his village, he had been jobless.

He added that he agreed with his wife to sell his baby to raise money for his family.

He said, “I was riding a tricycle on hire/purchase in Port Harcourt, but when I could not meet up with the payment, the owner collected it from me. So, we relocated to my village in Isiala Ngwa and since then, I have not got any other job and I have nobody to help us because I am an orphan.

“It was my village people who informed the police that I sold my baby because I couldn’t give them a proper account of my baby when they discovered that my wife was not pregnant again.”

Their accomplice in the crime identified as Nma said the couple had approached her to help them adopt the baby to a foster parent who could take care of the baby.

Nma said she invited one pastor who had lived with his wife for 28 years without any child to adopt the baby and the pastor adopted the baby for N300, 000.

Known for child trafficking in the state, Nma denied benefitting anything from the money given to the couple, adding that the pastor gave the money to Ugorji and his wife.

The Commissioner of Police in the State, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi, has confirmed the incident.

He warned anybody who wanted to adopt children in the state to follow due process and avoid going through illegal means.

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/04/husband-wife-arrested-for-selling-their.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by dafeyankee: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2018
Wicked parents.

If only their own parents sold them.

3 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
Poverty can twist the mind indeed

11 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by cchiagom(f): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
There's nothing bad in adoption but it was not done legally, instead of killing or dumping a baby is better to give them out to genuine couples as foster parents or adoption.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Donpresh95(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
Good - If you can't take good care of your baby, sell it to someone who needs it and can take good care of it
but do it legally

Bad - You were not raped, check your capacity and know the amount you can Carter for B4 getting pregnant

3 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by GeneralOjukwu: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Nkemakolam Ugorji.... Baby Selling wink

NCAN South East Chapter grin

[img]https://media1./images/66286c21e00a4ef6707abb4bfe19dcb3/tenor.gif[/img]

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Firefire(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
All na chanji

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Abudu2000(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
At least selling the baby is better than yahoo..

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by inoki247: 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
na dere property na dere right...

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by martineverest(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
u couldn't take care of him,why did u bring him to the world at d first place.?

idiots

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
cry

Nwakaego......Ego ka nwa.....

lipsrsealed
Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Alejoc(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
Poverty of the mind!

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by DoTheNeedful: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
Sell babies for money
Run baby factory for money
Carry hard drugs to Asia for money
Sell fake products for money
Do rituals for money
Do kidnapping for money
Form armed robbery gang for money
Dupe people for money

I salute some people o sad (Not mentioning any tribe in Nigeria though grin)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by martineverest(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
lestat:
it's not poverty....that's wickedness and greed

3 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by aleeyus(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:

NCAN South East Chapter grin

8 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by uuzba(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
lestat:

Do not suppose that people fall into poverty of their own accord.
This is Nigeria where injustice reigns, from politics to pastors.
-
I do not condone what the parents did.
Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by soberdrunk(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
What a sad development......... angry

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by thorpido(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Poverty and its problems.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by deebrain(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Nigerianblogs:
35-year-old man identified as Nkemakolam Ugorji, and his wife, Happiness, have confessed that economic hardship made them to sell their two-day-old baby girl.
.......….....

“It was my village people who informed the police that I sold my baby because I couldn’t give them a proper account of my baby when they discovered that my wife was not pregnant again.”

Their accomplice in the crime identified as Nma said the couple had approached her to help them adopt the baby to a foster parent who could take care of the baby.

Nma said she invited one pastor who had lived with his wife for 28 years without any child to adopt the baby and the pastor adopted the baby for N300, 000.

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/04/husband-wife-arrested-for-selling-their.html

No be today village people don dey fall our hand!

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by georjay(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:

NCAN Chapter grin

shun tribalism

though....last time I checked....the people from that region claim to be self sufficient...as such an average person from there cannot be poor

what am I even saying

sincerely #HungerBad

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by magiki(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Blame Buhari

Blame that Northerner's dullard
Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Kylekent59: 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
it was even written in the bible
Parents will eat their children.

Some fools will think the word "eat" means to cook and butcher and eat not knowing it means to "sell for money".

If u dey read bible like story book you dey do yourself . You read and reason the spiritual meaning.

Bad parents. God save us from the evil of this world

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
Still yet to understand why most poor people like sex a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by ahiboilandgas: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
dafeyankee:
Wicked parents.

If only their own parents sold them.
they are not wicked they should have legally allow the priest adopt the kids for a better future then the collect a token...

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Oreofepeters: 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Poverty infested people.

Check my signature for diploma in oracle database admin with tokens

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
hehe shallysgirl Bankesmall and all those biafra criminals over to u grin

4 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by ednut1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
Some problems are self inflicted . u no get money u dey born any

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by enemyofprogress: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
The are ibos grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ooo, Buhardship!
Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by DIKEnaWAR: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Igbos can sell their father grin

8 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Arrested For Selling Their 2yr Old Baby, Claim Hardship Caused It by DrMuzungu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
I would rather sell my heart for organs transplant than to sell my child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbers Invade Skye Bank In Portharcourt, Two Robbers Shot Dead!(images) / How Two Brothers Hypnotized, Raped, Obtained N19, 000 From Victim / Woman Assaults 10-year-old Girl With Knife, Blade Over N20 Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.