Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young (2733 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by grainger(f): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2005
I have no idea why, but its some kinda problem some Nigerian parents has got. They don't want you to go out with anyone until you about 20 cos they think all you go out for is to have sex( don't get me wrong. not all of the Nigerian parents). But I think there are more important reasons for going out with someone. Sometimes, u need someone to talk to someone, and you just don't wanna talk to ur parents or siblings. Sometimes some Nigerians get scared and don't even tell their parents when going out wif a guy or girl. What do u reckon? Do u think u should tell ur parents u going out with someone and make them mad at u? or rather not tell them and u save urself the shouting? wink
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by egbaman(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2005
it depends on the kind of relationship u maintain with your parent. if it is a friendly one then there will be openness in the the way u relate with them and the way they treat u. they will be interested in knowing ur friends, etc. but if it is the other way round just forget it but with time u will gain the required confidence to discuss one on one with them and share your aspiration, life and other things about u with them.

so telling them or not will surely depend on how close u ar with ur parent.
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by layi(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2005
I'll advise u work on making ur parents ur pals first. then u can answer that urself. Dont hide ur friends from ur parents.

But if ur parents are hard nuts (like some i know), u can pipe low but be careful who u roll with. Thats the most important.
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by dafman(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2005
You have a point there 'bout Naija parents not wanting their kids to go out but you must agree with me that you can't just want a boy just to talk to or do some other 'friends' stuff when their are millions of girls out there. 99% of the time sex is involved
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by layi(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2005

99% of the time sex is involved
How True!. Even if u don't get tempted, he will.
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by eveseh(f): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2006
that's was that time,but now we are living in another world now undecided
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2006
Moved to family section.
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by JustGood(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2007
eveseh:

that's was that time,but now we are living in another world now undecided

yes o
now we dey live for country wey na sex dey people mind everytime
if dem want talk say something good, dem go say e dey sexy
na sex dem dey take measure things for uk and america now o
Re: Nigerian Parents Don't Want You To Go Out When You're Young by tulk2mi: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
U can not really blame parents with wats goin on these days. Every parent wants to do what is rite by their child. In this parts u dont c children goin 2 the library or smthing like dat. Most times they go out its for parties, clubs etc n wen alcohol and drugs mix disaster is the out come. So parent tend to protect their female children from goin out with guys without supervision. But if the girl can gain the confidence of the parents by conducting herself properly without supervision, good grades n all that with time d parents might let her.

So i believe u shld tell ur parents n if they dont let u, just keep being a good girl let reports of u outside wen there eyes are not watching be favourable n u will soon gain their confidence.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents With 5 Daughters Who Are All Lawyers Turn Heads In New Photos / I'm Tired Of Living, I'm Burned Out, I've No Where To Turn To / Could I Be Dating A Secretive Cheater?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.