Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It (21430 Views)

Photography Training: Register N Take Advantage Of Our Ongoing Promo!! / How My Friend Tried To Take Advantage Of Me Forcefully After Being Good-nigeria / Take Advantage Of Our Fragrance Offer This Valentine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by maskid(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
I am tired if hearing who or whi did not start it first. The real question should be . WHAT THE BLEEP DOES THIS LEMONADE ABI NA CHOCOLATE thing mean??
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by kokomaster3d: 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
I have sold over 35 items on www.yakata.com.ng I deserve some accolades goood
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by KENNSAMMY(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
It now suddenly seems like a new word, whereas its been lying in the dictionaries for many years. It's been buzzing on social media lately and celebrities have capitalized on it to showcase their hard work and creativity to fans home and abroad.

there's appointed time for everyone

just as ACCOLADES time has come to be honored,
my own time will also come when the whole world will know me for good! grin

1 Like

Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by EDUCI(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
@OP: It was Charles Okocha aka Igwe 2pac that started the video even before the 'lazy youths comment'. He deserves some accolades.

1 Like

Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by georgeceekay: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
I hope these companies played the originator well for making use of his creative video clips that turned brand.

I see the money part of the story, thaz all.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by tayo200(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
post=67126938:
I deserve money before accolades

You don't don't serve any accolades you deserve a woman in your life to ride you like keke grin
lol.... u garrit.... hook me up with one abeg... that's the type of accolades am talking about..
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by blakky97(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ejadike:
Omo, this accolade thing has gone viral... These coys deserves some Accolades if you ask me.
lol. hope that dude is making money out of it oh
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by blakky97(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
ThankYouGod:
Give accolades to the originator of this media buzz! Charles Okocha. This guy started it before Buhari called us lazy.
i tire oh. i watched accolades before buhari statement
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Omuneizzy6(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hmmm then buhari deserve some accolade for making this word so rare to our comprehension oo
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Angela63: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
i also deserve some alccolade
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Peterpanny: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
tayo200:
I am 24 years old and I am a virgin.... don't I deserve some accolades? I deserve some.
what you deserve is an extremely tight puszy.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Sheusheu: 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
conductorl7:
OP who told you "accolades" went viral because of Dullhari's statement?

You didn't even mention Charles Okocha who started the trend. Like, you well so?
Toor
I have been searching for igwe tupac's name since
Abeg why op deh lie for God's sake
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Jedi777(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
tayo200:
I am 24 years old and I am a virgin.... don't I deserve some accolades? I deserve some.

Evidence of abv statement
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by GindoX(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
conductorl7:

You didn't even mention Charles Okocha who started the trend. Like, you well so?

Link me to Charles Okocha.. Má same name sake... I'll love to meet him
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Abusule007: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Rangel:
MTN I make calls worth 5k every week, every month I subscribe data 3500. Don't I deserve an accolade?
You deserve some likes
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rubiesangel: 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
davidtbom:

You need to mention Igwe 2Pac or Charles Okocha when you write such posts... Whilst "Accolades" have been in the lexicon, Charles Okocha made a skit outta it and Nigerians took the skit to call out the President for the unwholesome remark...

So these brands should give Charles Okocha some royalties for the usage
This thread had a purpose and was made for that purpose alone. Igwe 2pac or Charles is highly respected and appreciated for his effort, but this thread only seeks to discuss how brands have taken advantage of it.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rubiesangel: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
peteonline:
The OP is wrong. Charles Okocha started this long before President Buhari made his remark. It was even trending then until Kcee linked it to President Buhari'statement.
There is no wrong or right here. Wrong about what if I may ask? Did you read the thread at all, or did you just rush to the comment box?
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rubiesangel: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
radiokilla:
I wanted to join the bandwagon but remembered the promise I made never to bring glory to myself.

Only God deserve the accolades.
it appears you didn't read well
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rangel: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
Can we cut OP some slack here? It's a known fact that Charles Okocha started the accolade challenge and more emphasis needed not to be made. To my understanding, the thread was intended to expose how brands have taken advantage of the trend to promote their services, and not to say who started the trend. That being said, you can do your own thread and categorically mention Charles Okocha through out the entire body of the thread. I'm out of here.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rangel: 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
conductorl7:

it's like you have a problem reading and comprehending abi? My advice, go and read the thread again, ask for English language interpretation if you don't understand.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rangel: 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
oyetunder:
Accolades? Yes...For messing up such a great Nation...for living in total darkness...for hunger...killings...corruption...yahoo plus...rituals...for producing senseless leaders always...walking across Sahara...we deserved standing ovation.
was it OP that messed Nigeria up? Direct your grievance properly o.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Rangel: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
ThankYouGod:
Give accolades to the originator of this media buzz! Charles Okocha. This guy started it before Buhari called us lazy.
the thread talks about how Nigerian brands have taken advantage of the accolade challenge and not who started it.
Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Laurenumoh12: 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Heritage Bank join the accolade trend...

Re: The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It by Laurenumoh12: 9:26am On May 27, 2018
We all deserve accolades

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother 65 Years Birthday Celebrations/thanksgiving Photos / Linda Ikeji, El-Rufai At Future Awards Africa 2015 / Happy Valentine's Day To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.