Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

'As A Masters Holder, I Felt The Need To Encourage Young People' - Frank Donga - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'As A Masters Holder, I Felt The Need To Encourage Young People' - Frank Donga (299 Views)

I Felt Pressured To Marry Chioma - Davido Reveals / Frank Donga Mocks The Nigerian Senate Over Screening Of Ministerial Nominees / Frank Donga And Wofai Fada On TushMagazine Issue 19 Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'As A Masters Holder, I Felt The Need To Encourage Young People' - Frank Donga by magazineguy(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2018
The pride of having trained by a former Vice-President of CNN and having ones’ works featured on BBC as an insignia on ones résumé seems like enough pointer to the conclusion that one has ‘blown’, especially in a country like Nigeria where two in every five youths are without a job. Kunle Idowu had a rare old time of learning at a revered organisation such as CNN and the uncommon experiences of working as reporter, News Anchor and Assignment Editor for Network News 24 (NN24- a CNN affiliate) and resuming daily at the Television Continental (TVC) office for a job as a Promos Producer. While these jobs attracted pride, good pay and ultimately put him in a comfortable place, the road to his fulfilment led elsewhere – to the discovery place of the ‘Frank Donga’ character.

It started out of curiosity about the intricacies of the Nigerian society which is particularly plague with the problem of unemployment. This black spot turned out to be the light for Kunle Idowu to create a platform for an audience of Nigerian youths to learn to improve the quality of their lives from watching the foolery of Frank Donga, a character in a popular comedy series on Ndani TV, titled ‘The Interview.’

“Frank Donga is a character that you see in the TV series, is what I’d like to imagine as a victim of a poor educational system and a difficult job market. Frank constantly attends job interviews without much success. The character was borne (almost accidentally while making some friend laugh) out of the fact that over the over the course of the years I’ve seen so many young people who didn’t quite get the jobs that they longed for or the opportunities that they wanted. I suspected that the primary reason is that too many young people are either too timid or battling low self-esteem or are just not prepared for such interviews. I felt that there’s a need for someone to encourage young people to stand with their heads high“, he said.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/frank-donga-fool-tv-genius-behind/

cc

lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique

(1) (Reply)

Hilary Clinton Changes Twitter Bio As Promised / s / Tekno Reconciles With ‘danfo Drivers’ After Being Accused Of Stealing ‘jogodo’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.