Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo (46073 Views)

Crossdresser Arrested For Deceiving Man Who Paid Him For Sex In Delta (Video) / "God Will Judge You." Kidnapper Tells Man Who Paid Ransom In Fake Curency / AAU Student Who Fell Inside Well After Being Chased By SARS (More Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
A student who paid £650 (N321,000) for an iPhone has cried out after he got a box filled with concrete instead.

Newcastle University student Omar wants to warn and stop many more people from falling victim to the scam.

According to him, he thought he had found a bargain when he discovered a new iPhone X for sale online priced at £650.
Little did he realise that he was about to become the victim of a fraudster who used concrete putty to make the empty box feel heavier.

Using the boot sale app Shpock, Omar arranged for the phone to be brought to his accommodation in central Newcastle on April 3 by a man called 'Jamie A'.

Omar handed over the £650 in cash and 'Jamie A' wrote out a receipt with an address in Sunderland.

Omar said:

'Once I gave him the money he kind of almost ran away. It was actually a present for my mum, that's why I didn't open it on the spot, I wanted to give it to her sealed.'

The Shpock account used by 'Jamie A' had a profile picture featuring two children.

DailyMail reports that Omar, who asked not to share his full name, only realised what had happened once the scammer had driven off.
Omar said:

'Once I got back to my room I opened it and I soon realised it was a scam. The concrete he used matches the weight of the actual iPhone X.

'I have quite a lot of Apple products and I have held the box, I know what it weighs and it's very similar.

'I had to pay my rent a week or two later so I struggled with that. I was not cautious enough and feel quite stupid about what I did.'

After contacting Northumbria Police, officers took the box away for analysis but have so far been unable to trace the man responsible.

Omar, who is originally from London, believes the criminal is still operating on Shpock and has warned others to take care buying phones online.

Omar added:

'£650 is quite a lot of money for a student or for anyone. I hope the person gets caught.'

Source - https://lailasnews.com/student-who-paid-for-iphone-x-gets-box-with-concrete-photos/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Benjom(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wicked people undecided... but why the impatience when he ought to have checked the package before payment?

#On a second thought, believe this at your own risk cool

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
A lot of people do not know this, but Britain is the origin of most scams and frauds in the world today. It's the headquarters of conmen, but the world doesn't focus on them cos most of their scams are well planned and untraceable.

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Evablizin(f): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2018

Heartless people everywhere. Imagine the weight of the concrete is the same with the weight of the phone.

3 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Yuneehk(f): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
321k gone just like that shocked

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
It's seems Nigerian learn very well from it colonial masters

7 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin. Bloggers can do anything for traffic.

Check my signature if you need a professional Website design without advanced payment.

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Runaway: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Good business.....
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
village people in what way hath thou offended u guys
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Sunkyphil(m): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
i thought it only happens at computer villa grin

2 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
That's what you get when inside you trying to cheat others(by knowing the actual price tag, yet ignore for a lesser price tag) & eventually got scammed. Sorry, Bro!

4 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by larrymoore(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Such is life o
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by 36govs: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin grin

NIGERIANS ... do you know that 85% of IPHONES & IPHONE X shipped inside Nigeria are Fake ..

click here to LEARN How To Spot a Fake iPhone X? - 2018 - 2019

1 Share

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Khallyella(f): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hehe, he should keep it for his future house grin grin

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by troublemakea(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lol grin

remind me of how mushin guys changed my Ginoee M5 to soap in my pocket embarassed

idon understand till now

8 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari effect

Even in UK
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Your money no waste. The only difference is that the concrete is worth £650.

Expensive concrete cheesy

☣ ☠

10 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Oblitz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
same thing they do at Ikeja, only they use fufu instead

4 Likes

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Queenext: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
L
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Jokkarm2: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
SO OYIBO DE DO WAYOOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by youngelder(m): 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
So, guys in computer village have gone international...

abi

its the handi-work of their distant cousins
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
Cook soup no time
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by inoki247: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
eh eh Ikeja Boyz don cross over...
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Mslovelystar(f): 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
Like for real shocked shocked i do go crazy
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Reelmii: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
take heart my brother, God is watching them
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Gearbay: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Them package the fufu well.
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by everlymoore86(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
Scam upgrade
Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
only greedy people fall for such thing, u want things cheaper than its original price, u no see argos orother stores order from. serves him right lol

1 Like

Re: Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo by Liftedhands(f): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
angry You didn't open it cos it was a present for your mom? How come you then opened it in your room?

Btw you could have sealed it back with adhesive or tape afterwards. Very unwise move.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Stabbed By Her Ex-boyfriend's Friend Whom She Helped In Kwara. Graphic Pics / CCTV Captures Daylight Car Robbery In Lagos / SSN On CSU Documents Released To Atiku, Shows It Belongs To President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.