Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,480 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Are Nigerian Youths Really Lazy? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Nigerian Youths Really Lazy? (656 Views)

Can Nigerian Youths Really Be Our Future Leaders?, By Aminu / Why Are Nigerian Dads So Pesky? / Are Nigerian Churches Too "ELITIST"? - SEEK FIRST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Youths Really Lazy? by olami839: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement, some days back in London, which suggested that the Nigerian youths were lazy, was the latest in what many people call the president’s inadvertent de-marketing of his people and country. Curiously, this is not a habit he formed at old age.

As a young and energetic military head of state, he also had this tendency, a development that necessitated one of the late Afro beat maestro, Fela’s popular hits: “My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are undisciplined.” Thus, when at the start of his government in 2015, he held a meeting in London with a former British Prime Minister, David Cameron, who had earlier described Nigeria (not Nigerians) as fantastically corrupt and Buhari’s opinion was sought, he merely stamped Cameron’s position and asked to be refunded loots stashed away in the United Kingdom. He also once made a snide remark at his wife for openly criticising him, saying she belonged to “the other room”, among others.

Read more: https://mashable.com.ng/are-nigerian-youths-really-lazy/

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Denies Recruitment Portal Has Crashed / This A 1000 Ways To Die / See Photo Of Nigerian Pilot Who Died In The NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.