Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Dell Laptop Blank Screen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Laptop Blank Screen (880 Views)

How To Fix A Laptop That Powers ON But Display A Blank Screen / Quick Guide To Fix Garmin GPS Blank Screen Issue / Blank screen on PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Laptop Blank Screen by luckynzo(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2018
Hi guys. I'm having some issues with my Dell laptop. I needed to turn down the screen brightness and accidentally turned it down to the minimum. The screen turned black. I couldn't turn it back on.. I forcefully shut it down with the power button and removed the battery..

When I tried to turn it on again, it comes on normally but turns black again after showing the Dell logo.

Any help will be appreciated.

NB- The keyboard is faulty so I use an external keyboard and there are no keys to turn on or turn off screen brightness.
Re: Dell Laptop Blank Screen by CDCEO001: 10:12am On May 01, 2018
Connect it to external monitor and see if it will show and go to the setting and adjust the brightness.
Or look for other keyboard with brightness setting.
Or perform a system restore at bootup if possible.

1 Like

Re: Dell Laptop Blank Screen by luckynzo(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2018
CDCEO001:
Connect it to external monitor and see if it will show and go to the setting and adjust the brightness.
Or look for other keyboard with brightness setting.
Or perform a system restore at bootup if possible.

Thanks. How do I perform a system restore at start up?
Re: Dell Laptop Blank Screen by CDCEO001: 11:09am On May 01, 2018
luckynzo:

Thanks. How do I perform a system restore at start up?
If its windows 7 on it and keep on pressing f8 key on your keyboard, you'll see the option 'repair your computer' select it and go from there. If this does not work on your laptop or the version of operating system you have, please us google search to ge the info to help you.

(1) (Reply)

MCSA Certification / Upgrading From A 32-bit To 64-bit Version Of Windows 10 (steps To Follow) / Uk Used HP, Dell , Acer Laptops For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.