Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. (10019 Views)

10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 1:34pm On May 01, 2018
1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself

2. Since there is no need to go to church as an atheist, no pastor will force you to;
*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides

3. No need to travel to Mecca for pilgrimage (or Jerusalem) since government no longer pays for it.

4. All those hours wasted praying for Nigeria to be better will now be used for something better

5. No more money spent on transport fare to church. Imagine going from lagos to otta or lagos to ibadan expressway and spending 3 hrs on the road

6. You won't miss your favourite sunday shows because of church eg premier league matches, telemundo full series etc

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage

8. You can now feel free blocking all those boring religious channels on DSTV

9. No more running on from office to mosque on Fridays for prayers

10. No more hunger games aka Fasting

I hope you guys will see the light and become atheists. Ramen!

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 01, 2018
Atheist here, But seriously your number 10 got me laughing so hard. Hunger games lol.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by BiadeFolar(m): 2:04pm On May 01, 2018
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 6:48pm On May 01, 2018
Born2Freak:

1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself

2. Since there is no need to go to church as an atheist, no pastor will force you to;
*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides

3. No need to travel to Mecca for pilgrimage (or Jerusalem) since government no longer pays for it.

4. All those hours wasted praying for Nigeria to be better will now be used for something better

5. No more money spent on transport fare to church. Imagine going from lagos to otta or lagos to ibadan expressway and spending 3 hrs on the road

6. You won't miss your favourite sunday shows because of church eg premier league matches, telemundo full series etc

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage

8. You can now feel free blocking all those boring religious channels on DSTV

9. No more running on from office to mosque on Fridays for prayers

10. No more hunger games aka Fasting

I hope you guys will see the light and become atheists. Ramen!

There's no 'good' time to do what is wrong. The man who fails to discipline him/herself to do what is uncomfortable now, will have to settle with the pain of regrets and anguish later.

Let's use our God given wisdom to think about good things not how to avoid God's word. God cannot be mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by superhumanist(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2018
Primesky:

There's no 'good' time to do what is wrong. The man who fails to discipline him/herself to do what is uncomfortable now, will have to settle with the pain of regrets and anguish later.

Let's use our God given wisdom to think about good things not how to avoid God's word. God cannot be mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Nonsense. How is atheism wrong?

It is like you are living in denial of useless Christianity is in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2018
superhumanist:

See how wise you are. The phone or whatever devise you are using, was made by somebody. The clothes, shoes and everything you're putting on, was made by somebody. The house, cars, aeroplane and all gargets and devices were made and are still being made by somebody.

But you will come out to say there is no God. You are not made or created. You believe you are an accidental creation, a chance from a Big Bang!. Come on, what kind of reasoning is that?

Open your eyes, come back to your maker, because you are an intentional creation.

Jesus is the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 9:21pm On May 01, 2018
aaronson:
Atheist here, But seriously your number 10 got me laughing so hard. Hunger games lol.

grin grin

GREAT!

4 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 9:23pm On May 01, 2018
Primesky:

Christianity has not helped this country. We even have a vice president who is a pastor. Still people suffer.

Religion is not the way forward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:37pm On May 01, 2018
Born2Freak:

Christianity has not helped this country. We even have a vice president who is a pastor. Still people suffer.

How has atheism helped the world other than feeding the people with hopelessness?

Agree with you religion is not the way forward, but sincere and heartily believe in JESUS, the lamb of God is the way forward for the world.

3 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 9:42pm On May 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

How has atheism helped the world other than feeding the people with hopelessness?

Agree with you religion is not the way forward, but sincere and heartily believe in JESUS, the lamb of God is the way forward for the world.

Jesus died 2000 years ago. That Jewish nigga is dead and buried. He cant save you nor save Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2018
Born2Freak:

Jesus died 2000 years ago. That Jewish nigga is dead and buried. He cant save you nor save Nigeria.

Tell me is it atheism and hopelessness that will save us? He can't save you, if you don't want him to.

The gift of salvation from God through Jesus is not by force, but by choice.

2 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by keentola(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You are high on cheap codeine. show me just FIVE things Jesus has done

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2018
Born2Freak:

You buttress your point by show us how atheism has help Nigeria

And don't pretend you have not open this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4477290/atheist-john-steinruken-why-christianity#67108037

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:53pm On May 01, 2018
superhumanist:

You should be grateful to Christianity for Western Education you have, atheist worldwide never thought of such idea

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2018
Born2Freak:

Very true, religion is not the way forward. God has not called us to be religious but to be holy accept His son Jesus Christ and have a dynamic relationship with him.

I don't know about others, but I enjoy this relationship.

What is happening in Nigeria now is what happens, when people turn away from God to do as they like or as the devil likes. Today, we have men who cheat, lie, steal and kill in the name of God.

When we do these things, no matter the guise, God's hands of protection is removed, because He will not stay where sin abides. Besides, by doing such things, we are simply telling Him to back off from our lives, then the devil comes in to activate his mission, which is, to kill, steal and destroy by any and every means possible.

And if we refuse to repent and return to God, things will get even worse as God's hands of protection is taken away. People have no idea what the devil is preparing for mankind. We are here today only because of God's grace.

2 Thessalonians 5:7-12

For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

When God says, seek me, come to me, obey me, I am your maker and father, and we say no, we will not, leave us alone to do what we like. He will back off!, and what follows is lies and deceptions and the consequences of such. God will back off because He doesn't force you to choose, every man will make his/her choice but you will account for that choice.

I say it again, it will only get worse if we don't return to God, because only Him can save us from the catastrophe to come. The devil does not mean well for mankind. Understand that!.

Religion is just a camouflage, an excuse. True Christianity is not a religion, but a dynamic fellowship and relationship with God howbeit on God's on terms, that's all!

Jesus is the way to life. Repent and accept Him today.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by superhumanist(m): 5:05am On May 02, 2018
GoodMuyis:

You should be grateful to Christianity for Western Education you have, atheist worldwide never thought of such idea

Should I also be grateful to Christianity for the enslavement of our people? The transatlantic slavetrade?

9 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 10:09am On May 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Tell me is it atheism and hopelessness that will save us? He can't save you, if you don't want him to.

The gift of salvation from God through Jesus is not by force, but by choice.

This your preaching does not make sense. Countries that are irreligious are far better than Nigeria or other religious countries. Christianity is dwindling in all countries that are progressing.

Secularism is the way forward

6 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 10:09am On May 02, 2018
Primesky:

Very true, religion is not the way forward. God has not called us to be religious but to be holy accept His son Jesus Christ and have a dynamic relationship with him.

I don't know about others, but I enjoy this relationship.

What is happening in Nigeria now is what happens, when people turn away from God to do as they like or as the devil likes. Today, we have men who cheat, lie, steal and kill in the name of God.

When we do these things, no matter the guise, God's hands of protection is removed, because He will not stay where sin abides. Besides, by doing such things, we are simply telling Him to back off from our lives, then the devil comes in to activate his mission, which is, to kill, steal and destroy by any and every means possible.

And if we refuse to repent and return to God, things will get even worse as God's hands of protection is taken away. People have no idea what the devil is preparing for mankind. We are here today only because of God's grace.

2 Thessalonians 5:7-12

For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

When God says, seek me, come to me, obey me, I am your maker and father, and we say no, we will not, leave us alone to do what we like. He will back off!, and what follows is lies and deceptions and the consequences of such. God will back off because He doesn't force you to choose, every man will make his/her choice but you will account for that choice.

I say it again, it will only get worse if we don't return to God, because only Him can save us from the catastrophe to come. The devil does not mean well for mankind. Understand that!.

Religion is just a camouflage, an excuse. True Christianity is not a religion, but a dynamic fellowship and relationship with God howbeit on God's on terms, that's all!

Jesus is the way to life. Repent and accept Him today.

Christianity is a religion
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2018
keentola:
You are high on cheap codeine. show me just FIVE things Jesus has done

I am not high on codeine. That aside. It is my pleasure to proclaim to you the benefits of JESUS.

1:Jesus was punished that those who receive Him might be forgiven.
2: Jesus was wounded that those who receive Him might be wholly healed.
3: Jesus was made sin that those who receive Him might be made righteous forever.
4: Jesus tasted death so that those who will receive Him might partake of His abundant and glorious life now and forever.
5: The lamb of God was cut off that those who will receive Him might be joined to the Father.
6: The righteous Jesus was made a curse that those who will receive Him might have the blessing.
7: I Am endured poverty willing that He might deliver those who will receive Him from poverty.

JESUS has brought immortality to our door step. Receive Him and prove my sayings to be true.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by mmsen: 10:18am On May 02, 2018
Primesky:

You're right. Which is why being a xtian or Muslim is absurd.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by superhumanist(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2018
mmsen:

grin grin

Epic reply.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2018
Born2Freak:

This your preaching does not make sense. Countries that are irreligious are far better than Nigeria or other religious countries. Christianity is dwindling in all countries that are progressing.

Secularism is the way forward

Mention the irreligious countries that are far better than all the religious country in the world according to you?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 2:56pm On May 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Mention the irreligious countries that are far better than all the religious country in the world according to you?

Sweden
Japan
Denmark

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Babatunde360: 3:03pm On May 02, 2018
Primesky:

See how wise you are. The phone or whatever devise you are using, was made by somebody. The clothes, shoes and everything you're putting on, was made by somebody. The house, cars, aeroplane and all gargets and devices were made and are still being made by somebody.

But you will come out to say there is no God. You are not made or created. You believe you are an accidental creation, a chance from a Big Bang!. Come on, what kind of reasoning is that?

Open your eyes, come back to your maker, because you are an intentional creation.

Jesus is the way.

With this ur logic who created ur creator

5 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Babatunde360: 3:11pm On May 02, 2018
Born2Freak:

Sweden
Japan
Denmark

cheesy
China
Iceland
France
Norway

To name a few

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 3:35pm On May 02, 2018
Babatunde360:

China
Iceland
France
Norway

To name a few

In fact, most of the EU is like that
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 3:37pm On May 02, 2018
Babatunde360:

With this ur logic who created ur creator

Hahaha... That's what makes him God! The uncreated creator.

He is the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Besides Him, there is non else. If another exists, let him come out let me test him with the name of Jesus Christ. Hahaha... What drama that will be.

Seriously, I'm still waiting to see anybody that will come out for a contest like it was in the time of Elijah.

But one day everybody will see it. The head and beginning of all things is God. That knowledge is bigger than the human brain. Please tread carefully.

There are trillions of stars and galaxies created by this person. Just one planet called earth, in which you and I live, has oceans teaming with life. After many years of exploring and discovering, man hasn't been able to explore more than 20% of it. Yet someone will try to understand and explain everything about God. What He has graciously provided (Bible) should suffice for now as you progressively learn more about him. No one angel knows everything about God, they too, are constantly wowed by Him and His creation daily.

Your existence on earth is nothing but a dress rehearsal. The real thing begins when you move over into eternity. Time and physicality is a mere shadow compared to what is out there.

God is simply awesome and incomprehensible. Reverentially fear and honour Him. Don't land on the wrong side of such a person. He doesn't need to make a noise to prove anything to you. Your believe in Him will not mAke Him more God or add anything to Him,
neither will your not believe in Him take a hair from Him. Everything He's doing is for your own good. He owes no man no proof, His works are enough, you may deny it now out of fleshly pride and arrogance, but when you meet Him face to face, you will voluntarily spew the truth like a broken faucet. Fear God!.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by kevoh(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2018
Born2Freak:

This is the part I am still trying to understand with some Christians. Some will leave the church in their street/area/Local government and be attending service far away in another church of the same name. Is the god of the church in your street different from the one you are travelling long distance to go and serve? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2018
mmsen:

Your choice is yours. So also is the consequences of your own choices. Twisting it won't excuse you either. This argument is simply evident of the fact that you have at one point or the other heard about God and His laws. The choice to obey or not is yours. The outcome is yours as well. No one will share it with you.

If you believe in God today, that won't make Him what He's not already, neither will your not believing in Him remove a thing from Him. Everything He's doing is for your own good. If you say no, do you suppose He will force you or dance to your own tune? Never!

Now is the time of grace, and God has deliberately delayed His judgement so no one will give excuse when shows up, so you can say, do whatever you like but when the day of judgement comes you will know who God really is. Nobody plays with fire!. I pray you get saved, the wrath of God is not what anybody can wish even to his worst enemy.

Jesus saves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 3:54pm On May 02, 2018
kevoh:

This is the part I am still trying to understand with some Christians. Some will leave the church in their street/area/Local government and be attending service far away in another church of the same name. Is the god of the church in your street different from the one you are travelling long distance to go and serve? undecided undecided

Yes, they must worship at the church's headquarters! Don't you know it is a blessing to see daddy G.O rather than listening to a junior pastor?

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2018
Born2Freak:

Christianity is a religion

As you want to believe. That doesn't change the reality neither will it do any harm to the truth.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by mmsen: 3:55pm On May 02, 2018
Primesky:

Your choice is yours. So also is the consequences of your own choices. Twisting it won't excuse you either. This argument is simply evident of the fact that you have at one point or the other heard about God and His laws. The choice to obey or not is yours. The outcome is yours as well. No one will share it with you.

If you believe in God today, that won't make Him what He's not already, neither will your not believing in Him remove a thing from Him. Everything He's doing is for your own good. If you say no, do you suppose He will force you or dance to your own tune? Never!

Now is the time of grace, and God has deliberately delayed His judgement so no one will give excuse when shows up, so you can say, do whatever you like but when the day of judgement comes you will know who God really is. Nobody plays with fire!. I pray you get saved, the wrath of God is not what anybody can wish even to his worst enemy.

Jesus saves.

There are no 'facts' or 'evidence' when it comes to this religious nonsense hence why there are so many deities, so many religions and an infinite number of 'laws' supposedly given to us by the gods.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / S’africa Orders Chirst Embassy Church To Stop Faith Healing Ads / I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.