Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Agriculture, The Untapped Panacea To Our Nigeria's Economic Issue. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture, The Untapped Panacea To Our Nigeria's Economic Issue. (497 Views)

Tackling Food Security In Nigeria; An Economic Issue / Women In Agriculture: The Untold Stories Of Growth And Empowerment. / Agriculture The New Oil In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculture, The Untapped Panacea To Our Nigeria's Economic Issue. by AJCs(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2018
It is said that a river that forgets its source must surely dry, so as a nation whose initial and advent of her source of revenue (Agriculture) shall pay dearly for it when overdependent on non Agricultural sources aren't functioning.
Agriculture in Nigeria was our major source of income during the pre discovery of oil period but this God's given job was neglected which was characterized by discovery of oil boom in '70s. This mega rich source of income, however, dint only prompt the neglect of Agriculture but also killed the desire of agric enthusiasts as all focus was literarily shifted to oil discovery with its mega income by Nigerian govt not been mindful the effects of oil if dries up or the further income the mega rich Agriculture sector could generate to the nation's pulse.
As oil price globally in few years dropped, and recently rose (a little bit), I think it is advisable for everybody interested in farming for both subsistence and economic benefits to take the bull by the horn as govt isn't ready to give needed attention to that sector which is still being hindered by their belief on oil.
For me, I have ventured into it by starting with plantain as most people in our farm settlement area (Ago Owu/Alaguntan/Alipanu @Osunstate) being surrounded with only specialize in plantain and cocoa.
Check the pics of my farm.
You can contact me if more insights are needed on this God's given work:
Dada Samson Olawale
08085756092, 07032420889
dsmultipleconcepts@gmail.com

Re: Agriculture, The Untapped Panacea To Our Nigeria's Economic Issue. by grabben: 3:38pm On May 07, 2018
AJCs:
It is said that a river that forgets its source must surely dry, so as a nation whose initial and advent of her source of revenue (Agriculture) shall pay dearly for it when overdependent on non Agricultural sources aren't functioning.
Agriculture in Nigeria was our major source of income during the pre discovery of oil period but this God's given job was neglected which was characterized by discovery of oil boom in '70s. This mega rich source of income, however, dint only prompt the neglect of Agriculture but also killed the desire of agric enthusiasts as all focus was literarily shifted to oil discovery with its mega income by Nigerian govt not been mindful the effects of oil if dries up or the further income the mega rich Agriculture sector could generate to the nation's pulse.
As oil price globally in few years dropped, and recently rose (a little bit), I think it is advisable for everybody interested in farming for both subsistence and economic benefits to take the bull by the horn as govt isn't ready to give needed attention to that sector which is still being hindered by their belief on oil.
For me, I have ventured into it by starting with plantain as most people in our farm settlement area (Ago Owu/Alaguntan/Alipanu @Osunstate) being surrounded with only specialize in plantain and cocoa.
Check the pics of my farm.
You can contact me if more insights are needed on this God's given work:
Dada Samson Olawale
08085756092, 07032420889
dsmultipleconcepts@gmail.com
Agriculture will certainly be the panacea of our economic issues when a good number of Nigerians start exporting agro-products to foreign countries and making millions of naira. Click on the first link on my signature for details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agriculture, The Untapped Panacea To Our Nigeria's Economic Issue. by hollerbaby: 1:08pm On May 24, 2020
How do you sell the harvested plantain i. Ago owu

(1) (Reply)

For Sell: Grundfos Pump 95027414 /SQF 2.5-2 / Water Melon Seed And Knapsack Sprayers For Sale! / Foodstuff Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.