Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

5 Business Lessons From Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid's Ist Leg Match - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Business Lessons From Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid's Ist Leg Match (293 Views)

Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man / Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Business Lessons From Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid's Ist Leg Match by freaskie(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2018
Athletico Madrid saw their player sent off on the 9th minute. The manager followed suit 4 minutes later. They had a legitimate excuse to feel sorry for themselves. They could easily have looked down, and lose their identity. THEY DIDN’T

They did not let the combo jab and hook floor them.

My NBA peeps will understand when I say that they saw different coverages thrown at them all night but they overcame them all (like Russ).

First, you must have a plan in business, a well thought out plan at that.
However, you need to realise that different circumstances may come and that plan may need to be re-adjusted or sometimes (regrettably) have a total make-over.

The biggest thing though is not to get beat by unforeseen challenges or unplanned problems.

Re: 5 Business Lessons From Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid's Ist Leg Match by freaskie(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2018
THIS WAS CLEARLY A LOST OPPORTUNITY FOR ARSENAL

Point 2: Carpe Diem (Seize the day) -
No offense to Le Prof (Arsene Wenger), but he could have been more deliberate in switching up things to take advantage of Athletico's misfortune.

I'm not a football manager (atleast not yet), but I am an ardent student of football management and he could really have made some in-game changes that could have given us a better advantage.

Point 3: Anticipate Potholes -
With the way the game went, it was obvious that the only way Athletico could score was through a fast break or a set piece. In defending a counter attack, you first try to cut out the ball, next you try to keep the receiver offside. BUt that wasn't the case for Arsenal. Bellerin and Mustafi were in no man's land and they kept Greizmann onside.

In my opinion, the players let down the manager in this game, but its the manager duty to see what the players are doing wrong and alert them.

Re: 5 Business Lessons From Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid's Ist Leg Match by freaskie(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2018
Master Class from Diego Simeone

Lesson 4: Plan for the Short, Medium and Long Term:
Atletico clearly had more than a well laid down short term plan (1st leg).
They already knew and understood the medium term goal which involves the 2nd leg. Understood meaning it was well communicated to them.

Hear this; just knowing what the goal is isn't enough, you need to understand the relevant steps to get there.

Lesson 5: Don't overstretch yourself trying to achieve the short term: Atletico would have played more attacking football despite being a man down if they only focused on the short term goal. That would have left them open at the back and then the chances of them conceding another goal would have increased which would have made the long term goal (win the trophy) even more difficult.

Imagine this, he was one goal down, but the manager made moves to solidify his defense further so as not to concede rather than bringing on one of the 2 fierce-some strikers he had on the bench to win the game. In other words, he would rather lose the game with one goal rather than concede more goals trying to equalise and win the game.

This was a master class on how to think and plan for the short, medium and long term.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Old Roofs Into New With #SOLACOAT! / Ramadan Promo / Vicky Global World (data Subscription)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.