Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage (719 Views)

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 02, 2018
Please my people. i have just been thinking about this and i want to know your opinions also.

What do you think will happen to the salary of those earning above the new minimum wage presently

Scenerio assuming minimum wage passed is 66000.
for instance lets say a ssce school leaver that works as office assistant earns 20-30k in your organization, and you earn 70k or more as lets say a graduate trainee or any other position with your B.sc or HND in same organization. so does this mean after the new minimum wage implementation, the office assistant earns 66k, and you still earn 70k or same old salary or will employers reveiw all salaries to reflect new minimum wage....

I need your views on this my people...am just thinking

Thanks smiley smiley
Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by forreelinc(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2018
Ask your daddy
Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 02, 2018
forreelinc:
Ask your daddy

Thank you for your sensible response. am pretty sure the world is seeing why people like you are really intelligent and sensible

simple question, and you gave a perfect answer grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by forreelinc(m): 4:08pm On May 02, 2018
Kennedybello:

Thank you for your sensible response. am pretty sure the world is seeing why people like you are really intelligent and sensible

simple question, and you gave a perfect answer grin grin grin
cool well you are welcome buddie
Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 02, 2018
forreelinc:

cool well you are welcome buddie
you are a foolish human being grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by Raintaker(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2018
Kennedybello:
This made me laugh.
Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by simplebb: 9:09pm On May 02, 2018
Kennedybello:

Hahahahahahahahaha This one got me laughing.
Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by simplebb: 9:13pm On May 02, 2018
Kennedybello:
Please my people. i have just been thinking about this and i want to know your opinions also.

What do you think will happen to the salary of those earning above the new minimum wage presently

Scenerio assuming minimum wage passed is 66000.
for instance lets say a ssce school leaver that works as office assistant earns 20-30k in your organization, and you earn 70k or more as lets say a graduate trainee or any other position with your B.sc or HND in same organization. so does this mean after the new minimum wage implementation, the office assistant earns 66k, and you still earn 70k or same old salary or will employers reveiw all salaries to reflect new minimum wage....

I need your views on this my people...am just thinking

Thanks smiley smiley

What will happen is a salary restructuring....
Meaning pay will increase across all board.
It will benefit all parties, so if the minimum wage is 66k, the graduate pay will also shoot up from the initial one.
But the down side is that it will lead to inflation.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 8:48am On May 03, 2018
simplebb:

What will happen is a salary restructuring....
Meaning pay will increase across all board.
It will benefit all parties, so if the minimum wage is 66k, the graduate pay will also shoot up from the initial one.
But the down side is that it will lead to inflation.

i see...thanks for your input

(1) (Reply)

Chioma Chima, Bringing To The Fore And Changing The Narrative Of Women In Ict / The Profile: Abraham Gift Johnson A.k.a Ogolo / Women Should Be Encouraged To Participate In Maritime Industry -captain Bako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.