Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... (2496 Views)

Samsung A6 And A5 For Sale @ 40k & 30k Respectively / Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / Prices And Features Of Samsung Galaxy J6, J8, A6 And A6+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by BrandSpurNG: 2:00pm On May 02, 2018
Samsung Electronics has launched its Galaxy A6 and A6+ smartphones. The new mid-range series is available in Black, Gold, Blue, and Lavender color versions and will launch from early May in select European, Asian and Latin American markets, before rolling out globally to additional markets such as South Korea, Africa, and China.

The Galaxy A6 and A6+ integrate features from Samsung’s flagship smartphones, including security with face recognition and fingerprint scanning for a quick way to unlock the device. Both devices come with App Pair, using the screens to allow users to pair two apps. With the always-on display, users also can get information without unlocking their phone, and the Samsung signature Infinity Display offers a 18.5:9 screen ratio. The NFC-enabled Galaxy A6 and A6+ also support Bixby Vision, Home, and Reminder, with Samsung Pay included.

The A6 comes with a 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 3,000 mAh battery and front and back 16-megapixel cameras. The A6+ features a larger 6.0-inch FHD+screen, 3,500 mAh battery, a 24-megapixel front camera and dual rear cameras of 16 and 5 megapixels. Both phones run an octa-core processor, a choice of 3 or 4 GB RAM, and 32 or 64 GB storage plus microSD cards up to 256 GB. They operate Android 8.0 and support dual-carrier aggregation with LTE Cat 6.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/samsung-galaxy-a6-and-a6-launch-with-infinity-display-android-oreo/

Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by postbox: 7:43pm On May 02, 2018
cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 12:05am On May 03, 2018
What i like to call Samsung's reply to TECNO Camon X and X Pro.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by MarkWayne89: 10:34am On May 03, 2018
That looks great!

Is there a price at which this phone will be sold?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by HeyCorleone(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2018
henry007:

See Camon X Pro hands on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YkZjCHNNc

I understand the need to market but that shouldn't make you insane.

Samsung and Tecno are in no league bruh. It's like Real Madrid is doing so so and so as a reply to Eyimba or one of these Street football teams.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 1:46pm On May 03, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Samsung and Tecno are in no league bruh. It's like Real Madrid is doing so so and so as a reply to Eyimba or one of these Street football teams.

Are you sure you're not the one buying into Samsung marketing strategy?
Next thing you'd be buying a SD450 device(A6+) for 140K. Well it's possible Samsung made the device for people like you.
It's a win for Samsung.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by abatically(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

Next thing you'd be buying a SD450 device(A6+) for 140K. Well it's possible Samsung made the device for people like you.
It's a win for Samsung.

About €370 which is around $430. Going by the price of galaxy a5 in Nigeria, it was sold for around 125k, so I expect a6 to be around same price while a6 plus would be around 140k upwards. Pretty expensive but it's a Samsung. Is it better than camon x pro?, of course it is. Is it 75k better? Of course not. Just like s9 plus is not worth twice the price of this.

Normally galaxy a7 plus is what Samsung use to sell as flagship device for $750, the only real difference is the processor. Compare to camon x pro snapdragon 450 is better than helio p23. 14nm process vs 16nm process. Also the samsung has better build quality, camon x pro is made of plastic... Wtf. Also it has better display, more sensors and probably better camera (16mp f/1.7). Tecno still don't tell us the aperture they use for their phones.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Febisola007: 4:19pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

See Camon X Pro hands on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YkZjCHNNc
when will the x pro be available for sale?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2018
abatically:

About €370 which is around $430. Going by the price of galaxy a5 in Nigeria, it was sold for around 125k, so I expect a6 to be around same price while a6 plus would be around 140k upwards. Pretty expensive but it's a Samsung. Is it better than camon x pro?, of course it is. Is it 75k better? Of course not. Just like s9 plus is not worth twice the price of this.

Normally galaxy a7 plus is what Samsung use to sell as flagship device for $750, the only real difference is the processor. Compare to camon x pro snapdragon 450 is better than helio p23. 14nm process vs 16nm process. Also the samsung has better build quality, camon x pro is made of plastic... Wtf. Also it has better display, more sensors and probably better camera (16mp f/1.7). Tecno still don't tell us the aperture they use for their phones.

Samsung is not only necessarily coming for TECNO, i only said it's "What i like to call". They're also going for other midrange devices with great selfie cameras and SD450/SD625/ SD630/SD636 like Xiaomi Mi A2 and Vivo V7 / V7+ etc
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2018
Febisola007:
when will the x pro be available for sale?

This month last i heard.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Febisola007: 4:42pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

This month last i heard.

Been refreshing Jumia site since May 1. grin What's up does the phone come with led notification?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2018
Febisola007:

Been refreshing Jumia site since May 1. grin What's up does the phone come with led notification?

I take it you didn't watch my video. Yes it does.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by naijacentric(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2018
HeyCorleone:

why do u guys openly show ya inferiority complex wats so special about smasung haba
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Febisola007: 5:24pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

I take it you didn't watch my video. Yes it does.
I watched it brov. Rewatched it now didn't notice where u said led notification. Please what should be the budget for the x pro?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2018
Febisola007:
I watched it brov. Rewatched it now didn't notice where u said led notification. Please what should be the budget for the x pro?

you should budget 70k
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by HeyCorleone(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2018
henry007:

It's a win for Samsung.

Even the A5 2016 was SD615. The Snapdragon chipset for the A6 is unknown for now but is sure to be 800+..

Argue with facts. Do not let everyone on Nairaland know you're inherently stupid.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 6:55pm On May 04, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Even the A5 2016 was SD615. The Snapdragon chipset for the A6 is unknown for now but is sure to be 800+..

Argue with facts. Do not let everyone on Nairaland know you're inherently stupid.

I get the urge to use big grammar even when they're not necessary but A6 isn't going to spot the Snapdragon 800+ or any snapdragon chipset for that matter. The specs and European pricing of the A6 and A6+ have been confirmed according to gsmarena.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Greenhuulk: 7:19pm On May 04, 2018
HeyCorleone:

A6 is will use exynos 7870 which is on par with snapdragon 625 though the snapdragon has a better GPU. A6 plus will use snapdragon 450. It's not ur typical snapdragon 400 series as this one uses 14nm process, same with snapdragon 625 and same adreno 506 GPU. In fact many mid range phone makers will be probably be switching to the SD 450 instead of 625.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by princemillla(m): 8:35pm On May 04, 2018
This is a phone.... Nice spec
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2018
Greenhuulk:

A6 is will use exynos 7870 which is on par with snapdragon 625 though the snapdragon has a better GPU. A6 plus will use snapdragon 450. It's not ur typical snapdragon 400 series as this one uses 14nm process, same with snapdragon 625 and same adreno 506 GPU. In fact many mid range phone makers will be probably be switching to the SD 450 instead of 625.

How did you come about this knowledge. That's the same chipset as the J7 prime that i reviewed. It is NOT anywhere close to SD625.

I think comparing those 2 is just wishful thinking at this point. These devices are probably meant for people who don't care or know what these SOCs are capable of, which is most people.

I like the SD450 but the 625 is better, faster, more expensive etc I agree with one thing tho, everyone should be talking about the 450,636 and 660 for mid-rangers. Let's leave old chipsets in the past lol
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by HeyCorleone(m): 9:49am On May 05, 2018
henry007:

I get the urge to use big grammar even when they're not necessary but A6 isn't going to spot the Snapdragon 800+ or any snapdragon chipset for that matter. The specs and European pricing of the A6 and A6+ have been confirmed according to gsmarena.

It hasn't been confirmed so just fvcking chill your balls.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Greenhuulk: 10:39am On May 05, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I can bet my balls that neither the a6 nor a6+ will rock snapdragon 800 series soc
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Okay you have checked and you've seen it but you're just not ready to admit you're wrong.

When you said A6 chipset is sure to be SD800+ chipset and called me "inherently stupid", i couldn't even take offence. grin

Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by ClassyJay(m): 2:42pm On May 05, 2018
Febisola007:
#77,000 its now available on jumia
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by HeyCorleone(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2018
henry007:

Okay you have checked and you've seen it but you're just not ready to admit you're wrong.

When you said A6 chipset is sure to be SD800+ chipset and called me "inherently stupid", i couldn't even take offence. grin

I knew before hand.

I'm just saying you shouldn't be so cocksure of your stupid thoughts.

If the A5 2016 could rock a SD615 Chip then it's only normal for an upgrade to occur.

Do you even think?

SMH.
.So it hasn't been confirmed. Don't boasr of your stupid thoughts
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by Abdstrakt(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2018
henry007:

Lol...what did you do to rile this guy up? Looks like something is paining him and this thread has nothing to do with it gringrin
Re: Samsung Galaxy A6 And A6+ Launch With Infinity Display, Android Oreo... by henry007(m): 3:32pm On May 06, 2018
Abdstrakt:

Lol...what did you do to rile this guy up? Looks like something is paining him and this thread has nothing to do with it gringrin

Nothing i can think off, some people are just mad with no one to tell them. See his last reply. Just gonna leave that hanging .

(1) (Reply)

Whats With Whatsapp Temporarily Banning Users / Infinix Hot 7 Pro Or Tecno Spark 3 Pro, Which Should I Buy / Sale: PS4 Slim 1tb With Controller And Charging Dock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.