Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? (40184 Views)

Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 8:34am On May 03, 2018
Good morning nairalanders. Forgive my blunders if you find any.

I need a candid advice for a decision in life I'm about to make. I have been dating this guy for three years now and even if we like each other, I'm beginning to realize that I'm getting tired of the relationship.

I come from a family of three girls and four boys. My elder sister is married as well as my younger sister.I'm the one left hanging in the air. I'm not a desperate lady, but recently I'm beginning to realize that feigning ignorance to this particular issue is beginning to take its toll on me.

I'm in a LDR that has seen little or no results for the past three years. Although there's a reasonable online contact, but physical presence is like a war. Sometimes I don't get to see him for months.The thing again is I'm chasing other guys away from me. Kept saying I'm taken but it's like I'm deceiving myself. I'm tired. I've tried to let go several times but couldn't just bring myself to do it.

Recently another guy came into my life and he seems really nice.He asked me out for a lunch date but I've been mute. I don't want to double date and my present relationship is beginning to make me deeply sad. I like my present man but the relationship is so dull. It's too empty. There are no memories. It's like Im not even in a relationship to start with. Apart from the fact we profess love to each other, I think it's the most dull and under performing relationship ever.He is responsible and cool headed, but the way he handles our relationship leaves me completely empty, extremely sad and hopeless.

I want to date again, but it's like I need a push. I have this ugly reputation for overstreching patience. This suffering inside and smiling outside syndrome. So people don't get to know how extremely sad I'm until I open up. I'm extremely sad.

Talk to me.
I will listen.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Ikem11(m): 8:35am On May 03, 2018
Time wait for no man

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 8:39am On May 03, 2018
Ikem11:
Time wait for no man

My mom kept telling me this.

35 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:50am On May 03, 2018
Talk to him, ask him what he REALLY wants.
Dont die in silence.
Relationship is a talking thing.
Make your decision from whatever the outcome of your conversation is.
All the very best sister Amara.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by IamD18: 8:51am On May 03, 2018
Stop seeking for validation from us to cheat.

Men alone shouldn't be the ones to spice and entice a relationship, if your relationship is dull and empty, spice it up, make it hot and happening, if done and it comes to no avail, if he doesn't respond positively to your efforts to make the relationship fun filled, then break up with him in an appropriate manner.

Between, you are desperate for marriage, that's why you are bothered. #Fact!

282 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 03, 2018
Hmm...this is really serious. Have u asked ur man where the relationship is going to get assurance b4 u leave him.

U can decide to date this new guy and he won't marry u after 3yrs. The bottom line is, talk to ur man, plan the future with him and help him build a family u want.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by JasonScoolari: 9:06am On May 03, 2018
You wasted 3 good years waiting for your man to spice up the relationship when you can do something magical to light up the relationship? Instead of you to be creative on how to make things work, you want us to give you an ill-advise on how to switch to the next prick.

I wish you well.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Ikem11(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

My mom kept telling me this.
Listen to your mom.... We men at times can ruin life

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:34am On May 03, 2018
post=67236692:
Talk to him, ask him what he REALLY wants.
Dont die in silence.
Relationship is a talking thing.
Make your decision from whatever the outcome of your decision is.

I have talked to him severally unend.
I have tried as much as I could to explain to him about my grievances. I expect after the talk changes will occur but instead I see myself still complaining over and over again.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 03, 2018
JasonScoolari:
You wasted 3 good years waiting for your man to spice up the relationship when you can do something magical to light up the relationship? Instead of you to be creative on how to make things work, you want us to give you an ill-advise on how to switch to the next prick.

I wish you well.

Calm down.
I'm naturally a sociable person, he is not. He has no friends and don't hang out.Because of his introverted attitude, I'd like to say I now find loud places irritating and it's OK. I love the change BUT, I also want us(as lovers) to have our moments, doesn't matter where, how cheap and how unexclusive. When I try to instigate such, he seems cool but when it's time to take such actions he just doesn't bring himself to do it. Again Oga, no be person wet you see you go go out with? Even when I volunteer to see him, he just gives excuses.I have sat down to think where the problem is coming from and still I don't seem to understand.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 03, 2018
david2:
Hmm...this is really serious. Have u asked ur man where the relationship is going to get assurance b4 u leave him.

U can decide to date this new guy and he won't marry u after 3yrs. The bottom line is, talk to ur man, plan the future with him and help him build a family u want.

Thanks.
I have talked to him. I have raised lots of prospect for the future which we agreed on. I have given him a lot of heads up and better ways to handle future things that's not money consuming. I'm using every means available including prayers to set it right.I want to ask a question, can you plan a future with a man you see just once in 4 or 3 months?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

I have talked to him severally unend.
I have tried as much as I could to explain to him about my grievances. I expect after the talk changes will occur but instead I see myself still complaining over and over again.
if ur guy is not willing to make tins work,tell him to give u a break u dont have to date a guy to be happy forget about relationships for sometime & enjoy ur life,besides wat effort have U put into d relationship to spice it up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 03, 2018
IamD18:
Stop seeking for validation from us to cheat.

Men alone shouldn't be the ones to spice and entice a relationship, if your relationship is dull and empty, spice it up, make it hot and happening, if done and it comes to no avail, if he doesn't respond positively to your efforts to make the relationship fun filled, then break up with him in an appropriate manner.

Between, you are desperate for marriage, that's why you are bothered. #Fact!

It's normal for humans to be desperate to get happiness. As a young man yourself, if you are not desperate to make money and have a happy family, then there's something wrong somewhere. The thing is, one should not allow desperation to to block common sense.

Like I pointed earlier, I was never that kind of lady who is desperate. I only realize, of course with this present issue that I may just be wasting my time and removing other opportunities in my life. I'm not docile. I'm industrious and I want to be happy and have my own family BUT I'm also careful and that's why I'm seeking for advice despite several attempts to make my man sit up and at least establish as much physical contacts as possible so things can begin to take positive shape. As it is, I don't even know where I stand.

59 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 03, 2018
Preetiex:
if ur guy is not willing to make tins work,tell him to give u a break u dont have to date a guy to be happy forget about relationships for sometime & enjoy ur life,besides wat effort have U put into d relationship to spice it up

Thanks.
I have tried to make a move to establish physical contacts in his stead, but it's been met with several blockages from his end. When I try to create such Avenue to go out, he keeps postponing it. It's either he complains he is sick and can't make it or he attributes it to a busy schedule that can take a whole week. Even after the busy schedule I'd expect him to say "let's do it now I've the chance"but nothing comes out of it. If I try to instigate it again, he accepts but makes no move at all. It's funny because it's like a prank.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by JasonScoolari: 9:55am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

Calm down.
I'm naturally a sociable person, he is not. He has no friends and don't hang out. When I try to instigate such, he seems cool but when it's time to take such actions he just doesn't bring himself to do it. Again Oga, no be person wet you see you go go out with? Even when I volunteer to see him, he just gives excuses.[/b]I have sat down to think where the problem is coming from and still I don't seem to understand.
Volunteer? Lol, c'mon girl, visit him unexpectedly and do something "crazy" with him.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 03, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Volunteer? Lol, c'mon girl, visit him unexpectedly and do something "crazy" with him.

Oga, you don't understand smiley

I'm more crazy than that you put up there. But, the present situation of things now is not one that one can visit unexpectedly. I wish I can say more....

That aside. I'm dating a, man that when you discuss with him and talk, he sees sense in the discussion. He agrees and you think everything is settled. But na wash embarassed embarassed

He won't make a move on what is eventually concluded.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by IamD18: 10:07am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

It's normal for humans to be desperate to get happiness. As a young man yourself, if you are not desperate to make money and have a happy family, then there's something wrong somewhere. The thing is, one should not allow desperation to to block common sense.

Like I pointed earlier, I was never that kind of lady who is desperate. I only realize, of course with this present issue that I may just be wasting my time and removing other opportunities in my life. I'm not docile. I'm industrious and I want to be happy and have my own family BUT I'm also careful and that's why I'm seeking for advice despite several attempts to make my man sit up and at least establish as much physical contacts as possible so things can begin to take positive shape. As it is, I don't even know where I stand.

If you are not happy in that relationship, then break up with him.

It's simple, relationship should make partners happy, not angry.

Kindly break up if you want marriage and he's not ready to give it.

49 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 10:08am On May 03, 2018
IamD18:

If you are not happy in that relationship, then break up with him.

It's simple, relationship should make partners happy, not angry.

Kindly break up if you want marriage and he's not ready to give it.

Thanks for the advice.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by mrphysics(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2018
Op, are you looking for a reason to end a relationship which you know has already ended?

You know he won't change and from all indications, you have done your best to save the already dead relationship. Stop wasting the damn time, end the relationship and reset his brain.

Trust me, you will be helping the guy have a rethink when you call it an end. Until then, the guy will think he is doing the right thing. Also, the guy may have replaced you with someone else and waiting for you to realize the ugly truth and move on.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by PresVA: 10:21am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

Thanks.
I have talked to him. I have raised lots of prospect for the future which we agreed on. I have given him a lot of heads up and better ways to handle future things that's not money consuming. I'm using every means available including prayers to set it right.I want to ask a question, can you plan a future with a man you see just once in 4 or 3 months?
What arrangements are you guys making to be closer? I just feel like if the distance factor is eliminated, your relationship will be a lot more enjoyable. .

I was in a LDR with my bf for sometime(now husband) but we made arrangements/sacrifices to be together because we wanted a future together. .

If you guys are serious, then you should be planning on how to bridge the distance prob... If you don't make such discussions, then you probably ain't planning a future together hence shouldn't be together. .

I wish you the best.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by PresVA: 10:25am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

Oga, you don't understand smiley

I'm more crazy than that you put up there. But, the present situation of things now is not one that one can visit unexpectedly. I wish I can say more....

That aside. I'm dating a, man that when you discuss with him and talk, he sees sense in the discussion. He agrees and you think everything is settled. But na wash embarassed embarassed

He won't make a move on what is eventually concluded.
Hmmmm, seems he has a problem taking initiatives. . not a good one

when you initiate actions, does he continue?
Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

Thanks.

Well... If that's the case with him den I will advise u to move on but be careful.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 03, 2018
PresVA:
Hmmmm, seems he has a problem taking initiatives. . not a good one

when you initiate actions, does he continue?

No. He doesn't. Even when I suggests input there's always one excuse or the other to delay it indefinitely. Sometimes excuses that are really flimsy and petty.
Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 03, 2018
mrphysics:
Op, are you looking for a reason to end a relationship which you know has already ended?

You know he won't change and from all indications, you have done your best to save the already dead relationship. Stop wasting the damn time, end the relationship and reset his brain.

Trust me, you will be helping the guy have a rethink when you call it an end. Until then, the guy will think he is doing the right thing. Also, the guy may have replaced you with someone else and waiting for you to realize the ugly truth and move on.

Thanks.
Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 03, 2018
PresVA:
What arrangements are you guys making to be closer? I just feel like if the distance factor is eliminated, your relationship will be a lot more enjoyable. .

I was in a LDR with my bf for sometime(now husband) but we made arrangements/sacrifices to be together because we wanted a future together. .

If you guys are serious, then you should be planning on how to bridge the distance prob... If you don't make such discussions, then you probably ain't planning a future together hence shouldn't be together. .

I wish you the best.

Well, truth is even when the distance became shortened. I noticed the same issue still lingers.Its funny how a man says, "I'm lonely,wish you are here... Blah blah blah blah... " and when you say, "Let's see then.. "He says, "Okay... "

That okay will happen in three months time!
And he is a freelancer. Not having a 9-5 job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by mrphysics(m): 11:29am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:

Well, truth is even when the distance became shortened. I noticed the same issue still lingers.Its funny how a man says, "I'm lonely,wish you are here... Blah blah blah blah... " and when you say, "Let's see then.. "He says, "Okay... "

That okay will happen in three months time!
Are you sure he's financially stable?

All I see is a guy with many responsibility with the demand for his income more than the income. That guy has a lot bothering him about his finances.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nobody: 11:29am On May 03, 2018
My man is like this.

My man:I saw a cook for 70k,should I buy it?
Me:70k?!?Do we have that kind of money. There are cheaper ones na..
Him:yes just that I'm looking at durability. 70k is not much For ignis ..
Me:oga,why not buy Master chef product for 40k.Save 30k or I will add 20k to that amount so we can get another household gadget.Look it all depends on good management. One can buy ignis and not manage it well and it will start having problems. ..
Him:ok

angry angry angry angry
My 20k will be in hand till thy will be done.
Even Alaba made cook machine I no see.
Oga why did you now talked about gas cooker? You started the conversation like its want you want to do, only for the issue to die. Oya leave me alone.

After small quarrel, he will rush to go and buy a phone for me. I know send you to buy phone. Did I ask you? The one I had just had battery problem of 4500.Why buy another phone when there are far more important things I expect a guy who is set to marry to buy.

There's something wrong somewhere.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by emmabest2000(m): 11:34am On May 03, 2018

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Cutehector(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2018
Amaraokafor:
Good morning nairalanders. Forgive my blunders if you find any.

I need a candid advice for a decision in life I'm about to make. I have been dating this guy for three years now and even if we like each other, I'm beginning to realize that I'm getting tired of the relationship.

I come from a family of three girls and four boys. My elder sister is married as well as my younger sister.I'm the one left hanging in the air. I'm not a desperate lady, but recently I'm beginning to realize that feigning ignorance to this particular issue is beginning to take its toll on me.

I'm in a LDR that has seen little or no results for the past three years. Although there's a reasonable online contact, but physical presence is like a war. Sometimes I don't get to see him for months.The thing again is I'm chasing other guys away from me. Kept saying I'm taken but it's like I'm deceiving myself. I'm tired. I've tried to let go several times but couldn't just bring myself to do it.

Recently another guy came into my life and he seems really nice.He asked me out for a lunch date but I've been mute. I don't want to double date and my present relationship is beginning to make me deeply sad. I like my present man but the relationship is so dull. It's too empty. There are no memories. It's like Im not even in a relationship to start with. Apart from the fact we profess love to each other, I think it's the most dull and under performing relationship ever.He is responsible and cool headed, but the way he handles our relationship leaves me completely empty, extremely sad and hopeless.

I want to date again, but it's like I need a push. I have this ugly reputation for overstreching patience. This suffering inside and smiling outside syndrome. So people don't get to know how extremely sad I'm until I open up. I'm extremely sad.

Talk to me.
I will listen.

seems like you want a fairtytale kind of relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Nwaohafia1: 11:35am On May 03, 2018
Chioma waited for 5 years and got 45 million naira Porsche.

Little patience my dear grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Should I Continue To Wait Or Date Another? by Just2endowed2(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2018
hmmmd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Giving Her Husband A Haircut In Lagos / Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.