Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? (609 Views)

Stay In This Bathroom For 24 Hours & Get $75million…what Would You Do Guys? / Who God Has Help Should Help Me / If Anyone Knows This Man - Turn Him In And/or Stay Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by macdaddy: 9:56am On May 20, 2010
Hello nairalanders, i really need your candid advice about this issue.i work as a contractor in the ict dept of an oil and gas company with a salary of about 150k monthly and i have been doing this job for five years.I have a wife and baby.my wife works as well in one of the gsm firms.sometime last year i got uk tier 1 migrant visa for a period of 3yrs.i couldnt relocate because of the worldwide recession and secondly my wife does not like the idea cos she believes i  can still get a better paying job in naija.My present job has no benefits and no promotion and you are just stuck with what you do.am not happy about this situation.i feel if i come to the uk with my IT skills i will excel in no time but my wife will hear none of it.the visa is fast running out and i dont know what to do.Pls people in the uk i need your input in these matter as well.
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by busybody20: 11:22am On May 20, 2010
macdaddy:

Hello nairalanders, i really need your candid advice about this issue.i work as a contractor in the ict dept of an oil and gas company with a salary of about 150k monthly and i have been doing this job for five years.I have a wife and baby.my wife works as well in one of the gsm firms.sometime last year i got uk tier 1 migrant visa for a period of 3yrs.i couldnt relocate because of the worldwide recession and secondly my wife does not like the idea cos she believes i  can still get a better paying job in naija.My present job has no benefits and no promotion and you are just stuck with what you do.am not happy about this situation.i feel if i come to the uk with my IT skills i will excel in no time but my wife will hear none of it.the visa is fast running out and i dont know what to do.Pls people in the uk i need your input in these matter as well.

UK is still recovering from Recession. IT is hot cake over here, you will be more advantage if you have additional certifications.

Since you have Tier 1, why dont you apply for jobs from Naija since you havent made up your mind on coming. If you get interviews, make sure all the interviews falls in the same week and take a few days to come over and see how it goes.

best of luck
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by deor03(m): 11:27am On May 20, 2010
busybody20:

UK is still recovering from Recession. IT is hot cake over here, you will be more advantage if you have additional certifications.

Since you have Tier 1, why dont you apply for jobs from Naija since you havent made up your mind on coming. If you get interviews, make sure all the interviews falls in the same week and take a few days to come over and see how it goes.

best of luck

Perfect !
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by busybody20: 12:38pm On May 22, 2010
Poster,

I hope you know theres a time frame which you should at least make an intial entry into the UK?
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by OmoAlata(f): 10:19am On May 23, 2010
Hi,
I don't know if it's allowed in Nigeria but you can take a year's career break from your work, come over here and if things don't go as planned, you still have your job to return to.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 23, 2010
You will frustate yourself,Nigeria is the perfect place to live,you can plan for your children,There are now more opportunities in developing countries than developed countries.Nigeria is not a perfect country,but you will grow very fast interms of material wealth.You have the skill and experience.All those programs are just nonsense,you will soon see yourself doing what you did not expect after a period.Get correct info,people are not honest.
Re: Help! Should I Migrate To Uk Or Stay In Naija? by macdaddy: 9:53am On May 24, 2010
@ omo alata

its not allowed in most nigerian companies unless the company is sponsoring you itself

@olas2u
thanks.u made a strong point

(1) (Reply)

Racism: White Vs Blacks / Caveat Emptor: China Phones Exploding / Muslim Corps Association Of Nigeria Is Now Online Www.mcanrivers.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.