Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others (10222 Views)

Customs Promotes Bashir Abubakar Who Rejected $420,000 Bribe / Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General / Lady Mechanic, Mrs. Sandra Aguebor Gets Inspirational Award From Ambode (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by AutoJoshNG: 9:51am On May 04, 2018
The Lagos State Government is demonstrating that it has no tolerance for misbehavior from its employees.

The State Government recently sacked five officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA. They were relieved of the jobs for offences ranging from extortion, harassment and violation of Lagos State Public Service Rules.

General Manager, LASTMA, Olawale Musa disclosed this on Thursday, saying that the agency recommended five of the unruly officials for dismissal and demote 14 others, adding that 15 others were issued letters of warning, while three were exonerated after careful investigation.

According to the GM, LASTMA, “The affected officers appeared in the month of April before the Personal Management Board (discipline) to defend and make presentation on various actions that bothered on indiscipline against them,”

In addition, Musa condemned incessant attacks of traffic officials by motorists, especially commercial drivers, saying the officials were on the roads to ensure motorists and commuters get to their destinations without stress and discomfort.

https://autojosh.com/5-lastma-officials-sacked-14-others-demoted-in-lagos-state/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by biacan(f): 9:57am On May 04, 2018
LASTMA are starting to become irrelevant I don't know what is happening to Lagos lately especially the environment sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by biacan(f): 9:57am On May 04, 2018
f
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by johnmartus(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2018
The power bestow these people not help the matter. And one thing I notice about them most of them are tout before they got the job.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by yemmight(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2018
Only 5?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by IMASTEX: 1:36pm On May 04, 2018
Reward for good works and bad works
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by inoki247: 1:36pm On May 04, 2018
where ar d 5 pishure so wen dey stop my Car i wont Stop...

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:37pm On May 04, 2018
shocked shocked

sack all of them.....bunch of bribe-hungry mofos in uniform.
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Dyt(f): 1:37pm On May 04, 2018
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by fourhayz: 1:37pm On May 04, 2018
Someone's Unfortunate leads to others Fortunate.

Ambode My Man!!!

The People Promoted Right Now grin grin

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by slawomir: 1:38pm On May 04, 2018
maybe this is gross misconduct but to me it is a misdemeanor
but nevertheless they are supposed to get a query letter and their subsequent misdemeanor should get them a warning letter before termination of appointment
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by E99E(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2018
There are 4 more that need to be sacked. They are stationed at VGC junction inside the traffic warden stand. Once a vehicle stops for traffic they jump out and rush to beg....from morning till nightfall.... So disgusting.
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Aweboyaweboy: 1:43pm On May 04, 2018
only if NPF can be transformed sameway lastma was. thr r now lots of educated young boys and girls who are very civil.
However Lastma are the major causes of 80% of the traffic on major roads. They collect money from the commercial bus guys and turn a blind eye when they flout every known traffic rule.

Lastma really needs to get it's bite back so lagosians can be sane again,

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Ensquare(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
The Lagos State Government is demonstrating that it has no tolerance for misbehavior from its employees.

The State Government recently sacked five officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA. They were relieved of the jobs for offences ranging from extortion, harassment and violation of Lagos State Public Service Rules.

General Manager, LASTMA, Olawale Musa disclosed this on Thursday, saying that the agency recommended five of the unruly officials for dismissal and demote 14 others, adding that 15 others were issued letters of warning, while three were exonerated after careful investigation.

According to the GM, LASTMA, “The affected officers appeared in the month of April before the Personal Management Board (discipline) to defend and make presentation on various actions that bothered on indiscipline against them,”

In addition, Musa condemned incessant attacks of traffic officials by motorists, especially commercial drivers, saying the officials were on the roads to ensure motorists and commuters get to their destinations without stress and discomfort.

https://autojosh.com/5-lastma-officials-sacked-14-others-demoted-in-lagos-state/

Demotes 14 others!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by africanusvu(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2018
Check this out.a LASMA official receives 24k per month.govt sacks 5 and promote 14 with 2k increment in salary.14*2=24k so they used the salary of one sacked officer to increase the salaries of 14officers.then govt have saved24k*4=96k.and now.govt will still be praised for promoting 14staffs.the more we look.they less we see.Ana aghori anyi
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Pavore9: 1:50pm On May 04, 2018
biacan:
LASTMA are starting to become irrelevant I don't know what is happening to Lagos lately especially the environment sad

They are in charge of traffic while environment falls under LAWMA.
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by tokrizy: 2:01pm On May 04, 2018
I'm nt understanding the news. and d headings...I'm seeing he sacked 5 and demotes 14 while d headings he sacked 5 promotes 14..stp confusing us oo..pls

1 Like

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by drkay(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2018
14 others were actually demoted, not promoted. Please correct that.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by mcfynest(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2018
Demotes or promotes
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by segebase(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2018
nn
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Fourwinds: 2:59pm On May 04, 2018
fourhayz:
Someone's Unfortunate leads to others Fortunate.

Ambode My Man!!!

The People Promoted Right Now grin grin
OP wrote demoted....
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by wellmax(m): 3:26pm On May 04, 2018
yemmight:
Only 5?

Yes 5 cases that were investigated and the officers found culpable.

You cannot continue to shout LASTMA are corrupt and expect a action from government if you do not make formal report
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by bedspread: 4:35pm On May 04, 2018
ANBODE HAS SHOWN TO BE AN EXPERT IN DIRTINESS.... I mean this with all my might...

The Waste Management in Lagos State Has Completely Collasped....

I thought he had come alive some few weeks ago but to my greatest surprise it's been 3weeks and The waste management guts hv not showed up.. AMUWO ODOFIN GRA IS A HUGE MESS.... From Hakeem agboola, global success, Joseph orru, Diamond Estate and all estates there are in BIG SHI.......T

AMBODE , Buhari Shi.....t Fall on you
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by ehinmowo: 4:39pm On May 04, 2018
The news says demote while op said promote.
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by Pamela96(f): 5:41pm On May 04, 2018
Good. At least, that will tell others to sit up! They should be up and doing other than acting like a nuisance to the society. At least they know now that they are also not above authority.

Anyway, learn how to setup a profitable subscription-based website here https://www.ghavoch.com/setup or you can let http://www.laticodes.com do it for you.
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by raymod170(m): 5:49pm On May 04, 2018
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by BabaT123: 2:23pm On May 05, 2018
THANK GOD SAY DEM NO GIVE THEM GUN
Re: Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others by karbie(f): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Self study and ace your examinations with the right study packs, like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN (ATS & Professional) examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881

(1) (Reply)

Pharmacologist Lets Reason..... / Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days / Graduate Loan Or Student Loan Which One Has A Better Economic Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.