Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerian Brides - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Brides (1775 Views)

The Beauty Of Edo Brides And Women In Their Native Attires / The Beauty Of Yoruba Brides And Women In Aso Ebi / Reasons Why Ibo Girls Are The Most Sought-after Brides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 3:28pm On May 20, 2010
I wonder if there are any special conditions for brides in Nigeria, you may find the quaetions a little odd but my culture is very different and I am dating a nigerian boy on the internet so I wan to know everything undecided
Re: Nigerian Brides by ayotoyin(f): 4:19pm On May 20, 2010
smiley i don't understand your questions?could you please explain better and tell us about your tribe
Re: Nigerian Brides by spikedcylinder: 4:23pm On May 20, 2010
Special conditions like. . . . . ?
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 4:28pm On May 20, 2010
I mean, do Nigerian men look for virgins? because in my culture it doesn´t matter any more if a girl is a virgin or not when she gets married, in fact men in my country would rather take an experienced woman in those matters than a virgin whom they have to teach and nowadays premarital intimacy is somehow an element that helps us decide if that´s the person we want for life undecided
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 4:39pm On May 20, 2010
Concerning my tribe, I do not come from any, I am from another country, Cuba.
Re: Nigerian Brides by davidif: 9:35am On May 21, 2010
I like Virgins oooo grin
Re: Nigerian Brides by mamagee3(f): 6:21pm On May 21, 2010
You don't sound truthful to me. . .Sounds more like a bogus detail. tongue
Re: Nigerian Brides by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2010
I am dating a nigerian boy on the internet so I wan to know everything

Hmmm. Red flag right there
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 9:53pm On May 21, 2010
I do not know why you say red flag, I am not African so my customs are not yours ,it is evident that for you a girl who is not a virgin is a problem and I respect that but in my country it is no important. Here people value more other things than the simple fact of dating a girl who has already been with a man in a bed. And seeing things from a different perspective, for us it is more important to know if that girl is the right one to share your life with and spend a lifetime with the wrong person is sadder than spending a first night with a not-virgin, anyway virginity only lasts that first night.
Re: Nigerian Brides by ikamefa(f): 9:54pm On May 21, 2010
special conditions?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

ha! ok @ poster it depends on his tribe "  grin "

you prolly should know how to cook very well: akpu,eba, tuwo-shinkafa  " grin "

know the various  positions of the karma sutra! "  grin"

be totally fierce and delicious looking at anytime "T" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

is that what u are looking for?  undecided undecided undecided

make i carry my wahala comot dis thread fasssst!!
Re: Nigerian Brides by asha80(m): 10:25pm On May 21, 2010
manina:

I do not know why you say red flag, I am not African so my customs are not yours ,it is evident that for you a girl who is not a virgin is a problem and I respect that but in my country it is no important. Here people value more other things than the simple fact of dating a girl who has already been with a man in a bed. And seeing things from a different perspective, for us it is more important to know if that girl is the right one to share your life with and spend a lifetime with the wrong person is sadder than spending a first night with a not-virgin, anyway virginity only lasts that first night.

Red flag here from dayokanu does not you regarded because being a virgin.It means be careful with the internet guy.
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 10:33pm On May 21, 2010
asha:
Maybe dating is not the right word for what we have, we never see each other becuase we are too far rom each other, we just write,ask questions and that´s all. He was looking for a woman on the internet to get married and I was looking for a friend, we ran into each other and have been sending messages since then. After some time, I have become interested in his culture and traditions and reading this same forum I found many topics that worried me although I had not realised, this intimacy issue is one of them because it could make a difference between the two of us.
Re: Nigerian Brides by davidif: 7:02am On May 22, 2010

Virginity might not be prized as it was back in the day but its still a sign of purity that the girl has not been "all over the place". At the end of the day, it depends on the guy, some might prefer a girl more "experienced" some might prefer someone who is "brand new".

Besides, don't you guys care about STD's in Cuba?
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 1:20pm On May 22, 2010
Of course we care about STDs, that´s is why we are taught how to avoid them from very early ages. Education is the key to many problems and in this case it has worked here, free education,free knowledge,free care for everything, including STDs. Besides the fact of keeping your virginity for a determined man does not mean that you are not going to catch any STD, don´t you think? The really sad part would be if you kept your most special treasure for a guy who is going to infect you from the very first time without taking into account what you are giving him.
Re: Nigerian Brides by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 22, 2010
Depends on his tribe. . .

I think
Re: Nigerian Brides by manina(f): 1:50pm On May 23, 2010
He is a Christian, I do not know there but here not even Christian boys take that into account these days, what do you think? cry
Re: Nigerian Brides by shilling(f): 6:06pm On May 23, 2010
^ ^ ^
Be extra careful with internet relationships.

Nigeria is a huge country, there's no such thing as a Nigerian bride. If you told us where he's from in Nigeria, people would tell you about marriage customs.
Re: Nigerian Brides by vivaladiva(f): 2:00am On May 25, 2010
i will b very very weary of this ur internet lover
i dont mean to sterotype or generalise
fck hell i mean to, but i wldnt date a nigerian guy on the net
beware, when he starts asking u to send him money, just put him out like a lit match

(1) (Reply)

Pere's (kings) In Gbaramatu Kingdom From 1372 Till Date / Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link / Similarities Between Igbo Age Grade Tradition And Jewish Bar Mitzvah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.