Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Facebook Rolls Out Its Downvote Button To More Users - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facebook Rolls Out Its Downvote Button To More Users (389 Views)

How To Change Add Friend Button To Follow Button 2022 | How To Add Follow Button / Twitter Is Testing Reddit-ish Upvote And Downvote Buttons On Ios Devices / How Can I Add A Download Button To My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Rolls Out Its Downvote Button To More Users by Jbcmotive(m): 5:38am On May 05, 2018
Earlier this year, Facebook confirmed it was trialling Reddit-style upvote and downvote buttons on public posts, with the aim of improving the quality of discourse on the platform. Now, it appears the feature is rolling out to a greater number of users.

With its downvote button, Facebook is putting a lot of faith into its users. It wants people to use it to flag what Facebook calls “bad comments,” which it defines as having “bad intentions or is disrespectful.” It’s making great pains to emphasize that this isn’t a dislike button. That said, it’ll almost certainly be used that way.

You really can’t fault Facebook’s optimism though. It’s launching this feature when most people are intimately familiar with Reddit, where a downvote is frequently used as a signifier for disagreement and dislike.

Facebook will struggle to change that mindset, especially when the upvote button works identically to Reddit, and is used to highlight comments that are “helpful or insightful.”

This feature isn’t rolling out to every user. From what I can tell from Twitter, the majority of people who’ve gained access to the new upvote and downvote system are based in Australia and New Zealand.

We’ve reached out to Facebook to ask about their plans for its new Reddit-style comment feedback system, particularly as they relate to its roll-out. We will update this post if we hear back.

Re: Facebook Rolls Out Its Downvote Button To More Users by ghettowriter(m): 5:48am On May 05, 2018
tongue I cant wait to use it.

Post BS, gets downvoted to oblivion. i'd like to see how many unlikes Bubu's unguarded comments will generate cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Setup Facebook Group Chat And Start Conversing With More Than One Person / We Don't Have Record Of Osun Polytechnic Rector's Certificates - University Of I / Instagram Now Allow You See When Your Friends Are Active To DM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.