Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 (21249 Views)

Ikorodu Oro Day: No Restriction Of Movement For Females - Police / Magbo Festival In Ikorodu (ORO DAY) / Oro Day: Females Banned From Moving Around Ikorodu On The 8th Of May. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by slysteel: 11:35pm On May 05, 2018
None indegeines should stay indoors,these shameless and backward people are about to embark on skull mining

1 Like

Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Michaelkelvin1(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2018
Woman and their equal right oya naw come out
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by deebrain(m): 1:15am On May 06, 2018
Many nairalanders are under aged and unfortunate.

True, feminists are sad things, but this traditional practice is outdated! It is barbaric. It really has nothing to do with feminism.

How can you be yearly rededicating your lands to demons and expect light, in the name of tradition?

And you busy talking "women this, women that", go home to mummy and daddy and apologize for being the dummy that you are! People that got educated CHANGED BARBARIC CULTURAL PRACTICES they met.. We are busy here manifesting and celebrating ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by hakeem4(m): 3:23am On May 06, 2018
Sparkies85:
I heard they normally kill strangers for scarifies during the festival, how true is that ?
not true in this modern era
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Emanodimo(m): 4:28am On May 06, 2018
schwarzermann:
I hope feminists will dare them and go out... the gods must be misogynists grin

Abi ooo
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Mcreloaded(m): 6:03am On May 06, 2018
This obaship is now equivalent to chief because its like it is in every area or street no value especially in Yoruba kingdom. It seems they dish it out the way chieftaincy titles uses to be dished out
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Nobody: 6:17am On May 06, 2018
Gerrard59:
And yet another foolish tradition in the 21st century. How can an aspiring global city have such stewpid law? There is nothing wrong with observing tradition, but foolish and totally archaic traditions ought to be abolished.

Of what importance is it to her inhabitants?

Ikorodu is one place in Lagos that inhabitants believe in Idol worshipping and rituals like their lives depend on it.
99.9 of them are cultists.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by DreamersVille24(m): 7:07am On May 06, 2018
1stola:

I know senseless OSU PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN

IF DEM BORN UNA MAMA AND SISTER WELL, MAKE DEM GO DER.

NA PEPPER SOUP DEM GO USE DER BREAST AND YANSH CHOP grin

So you're proud of this kind of barbaric culture in this jet age?

You need help urgently man, seriously.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2018
Sparkies85:
I heard they normally kill strangers for scarifies during the festival, how true is that ?

That is not true bro.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:47am On May 06, 2018
einsteine:
That's why Ikorodu would never develop despite being in Lagos State.

The expansion of Ikorodu in the last two decades has been on exponential growth. Say only what you know.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2018
tamethem:

Ikorodu is one place in Lagos that inhabitants believe in Idol worshipping and rituals like their lives depend on it.
99.9 of them are cultists.

You are so right. Even the ones practicing Abrahamic religions will drop their beliefs to observe Oro festival. That is why I choose to ignore all these people getting angry on behalf of the inhabitants. You will even see Igbo boy at the Igbale, only thing is you cnt enter the shrine itself. I am not an indigene but born and bred in Ikorodu.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 8:15am On May 06, 2018
Hunry:
why can't the govt scrap dis barbaric & archaic bullcrap.

feminists una go talk say una no see dis one
No be una fellow man be oba and chiefs. No be una man be masquerade. Bros instead you do something.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 8:16am On May 06, 2018
schwarzermann:
I hope feminists will dare them and go out... the gods must be misogynists grin

Emanodimo And you're proud. lmaooo, and you wonder why we're backwards. What I'd the difference between you and those people in Ghana that forbid girls from going to school when they're on their period. You shouldn't even be using a phone bros. Just go back to talking drum.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 8:18am On May 06, 2018
deebrain:

True, feminists are sad things, but this traditional practice is outdated! It is barbaric. It really has nothing to do with feminism.

How can you be yearly rededicating your lands to demons and expect light, in the name of tradition?

And you busy talking "women this, women that", go home to mummy and daddy and apologize for being the dummy that you are! People that got educated CHANGED BARBARIC CULTURAL PRACTICES they met.. We are busy here manifesting and celebrating ignorance.

I agree with everything you said, excluding the part where you sag feminist are sad things. They are not.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 8:20am On May 06, 2018
asunmoGGMU:

The expansion of Ikorodu in the last two decades has been on exponential growth. Say only what you know.

Its good I hope with the continuous influx of people all such archaic, misogynistic traditions are phased out.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Nobody: 8:26am On May 06, 2018
There we go again, Africans calling it barbaric but they love to flog Jesus on Good Friday or fast to death during Ramadan. But would never appreciate or respect our traditions.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Nobody: 8:49am On May 06, 2018
MarieSucre:

Emanodimo And you're proud. lmaooo, and you wonder why we're backwards. What I'd the difference between you and those people in Ghana that forbid girls from going to school when they're on their period. You shouldn't even be using a phone bros. Just go back to talking drum.

Je te comprends et j'aime les femmes féministes. I was only joking my dear, don't take everything you read online too seriously. Beautiful lady wink
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by akigbemaru: 9:00am On May 06, 2018
Gerrard59:
And yet another foolish tradition in the 21st century. How can an aspiring global city have such stewpid law? There is nothing wrong with observing tradition, but foolish and totally archaic traditions ought to be abolished.

Of what importance is it to her inhabitants?
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Printerscanner: 9:31am On May 06, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:

I expect Chimmanda Adichie to be on ground that day, leading his gang of feminists.

The gods will be very happy with the multitude of blood to be sucked and heads to be roasted.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 9:57am On May 06, 2018
schwarzermann:

Je te comprends et j'aime les femmes féministes. I was only joking my dear, don't take everything you read online too seriously. Beautiful lady wink

It's okay bros. I hope I didn't come across as aggressive. I just wanted to educate. Have a lovely Sunday.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Hunry: 11:13am On May 06, 2018
MarieSucre:

No be una fellow man be oba and chiefs. No be una man be masquerade. Bros instead you do something.

it doesn't affect me so why would ido anything
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 06, 2018
MarieSucre:

It's okay bros. I hope I didn't come across as aggressive. I just wanted to educate. Have a lovely Sunday.

smiley
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 12:51pm On May 06, 2018
Hunry:

it doesn't affect me so why would ido anything
But it affects your gender, especially cos it's giving them a bad name.
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by Outofsync(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2018
deebrain:

At last the voice of reason comes out after loads of nonsense.

Tradition is fine and all but these archaic laws should have been scrapped long ago
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by cbrass(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Restricting movement of women in a Mega City ..how are we different from Saudi Arabia which ban women driving?...smh

Its just for a day, so we are different
Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by cbrass(m): 3:00pm On May 06, 2018
waldigit:

I met a preacher who used to be Oro cultist and he said no one dare invoked the Oro demons until it is 2 am in the night. So all these Oro activities in a broad daylight are mere fraud and with ulterior motives. By the way can Oro cult suspend Nigeria constitution provision for freedom of movement and right of way? Where are the CAN and MOGs.?

That is not totally true, have u been to a town in OYO state called Iseyin?

Re: Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 by cbrass(m): 3:08pm On May 06, 2018
deebrain:

I am a christian but your point is not valid. Did china throw away its religion, did Japan do same? And you know where they are today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Imposes Night To Dawn Curfew In Ife Over Criminal Activities / Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu State, Received By Governor Ugwuanyi / Olowu Of Owu Kuta Warns Youths Not To Allow Politicians Hijack ENDSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.