Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,580 members, 7,840,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 (14700 Views)

2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Vs 2015 Toyota Avalon Vs 2015 Lexus Es350 / Toyota Avalon Vs Toyota Camry Vs Lexus ES350 / Help 2010 IS 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

but ehn guy, why not meet elshanautos and put ur facts to the test?

all these banter Don tire me oh, I came here to see videos of burning rubber.

guy go and burn that rubber
If it were to be in the north where there are smooth empty roads I would have accepted his challenge whole heartedly but certainly not in Lagos.
and mind you there is no place in the world where two cars are put on race track to determine which is faster.

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:55am On Jul 02, 2018
so how do they determine it?

by racing 0-60 and using a stopwatch to determine?

whichever way, goan do it?

one thing I've come to understand in life is this...... never ever doubt the words of someone who owns and manages something.

take the Honda for example, the accords and their numerous k leg issue.
are those issues covered in their manuals/ bulletin? of course not. but I'm talking from a wealth of experience when I say the k leg issue is real.
shikena.

I have owned 2 different year models of the accord and both of them are just pathetic during handling. many people say otherwise tho but that is a topic for another day.

u seem like someone who knows a lot, make it count that u also know how to DO a lot.

all these knowledge is nothing if u cannot proof(not prove) it
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

one thing I've come to understand in life is this...... never ever doubt the words of someone who owns and manages something.

are those issues covered in their manuals/ bulletin? of course not. but I'm talking from a wealth of experience when I say the k leg issue is real.
shikena.

I have owned 2 different year models of the accord and both of them are just pathetic during handling. many people say otherwise tho but that is a topic for another day.

u seem like someone who knows a lot, make it count that u also know how to DO a lot.

Very lame, is the leg issue peculiar to Honda alone?
and please show me where two car companies put two of their cars on a race track to determine which is faster, I am waiting.
for you to race two cars successfully you need an empty road where you can drive for at least 1hr without running into other incoming cars and such road is not in Lagos.

like I said if he can tell me road around Lagos where we can race both cars for 45mins without stopping then I am in, and for your information the fact that he help someone to sell cars along airport road doesn't mean he knows jack about automobile.
it's funny how you lot think that Avalon can stand E350 stability and handling at high speed, lol that Avalon will flip several times.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by afangsoup: 9:05am On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:
and please show me where two car companies put two of their cars on a race track to determine which is faster, I am waiting.
for you to race two cars successfully you an empty road where you can drive for at least 1hr without running into other incoming cars.

like I said if he can tell me road around Lagos where we can race both cars for 45mins without stopping then I am in, and for your information the fact that he help someone to sell cars along airport road doesn't mean he knows jack about automobile.
[s]it's funny how you lot think that Avalon can stand E350 stability and handling at high speed, lol that Avalon will flip several times.[/s]
just admit it, you have little knowledge of automobiles and handling capabilities of cars.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2018
afangsoup:

just admit it, you have little knowledge of automobiles and handling capabilities of cars.
hahaha coming from someone who said he couldn't race a Corolla with W211 E500 packed with massive 388hp.
even the Honda Legend has better handling and stability at high speed than that Avalon.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by nurey(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:
for you to race two cars successfully you need an empty road where you can drive for at least 1hr without running into other incoming cars and such road is not in Lagos.

it's funny how you lot think that Avalon can stand E350 stability and handling at high speed, lol that Avalon will flip several times.

yes there is a place where not just two cars but several cars are pitched together to determine the fastest of the bunch. please search for the ultimate drag race 1-7 and watch.

you don't need 10minutes to determine the fastest car among the two, just 2 things we are watching for acceleration (0-62mph and quarter mile) and top speed which we already know the E350 is better on paper sha grin

you can't prove the E350 is better in handling like I said it's not a sports car, in stability, it has an edge over the Avalon because of 4matic. if you think the 4matic will assist you in handling goodluck entering corner at 140km/h or splashing into a pool of water at high speeds.

real life racing isn't to test cars but drivers, I can easily beat you in a 2010 toyota corolla S with the manual shift and a 2.4L engine while you drive an E500 because the racing conditions aren't controlled where I would take higher risk, use experience and my knowledge of road network, you may not have such at your disposal.

winning a real life race isn't about horse power or top speed only but so many factors as minute as pothole on the road surface can make an Avalon beat a E500

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by banky3w(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
I'm slowly parking my 06 Camry 4cyl, no need to race anybody..... I'll be clapping hand for the winner
Oga, move I wan comot for here. Been waiting too long for nothing. Uniquetechng has been incoherent with his ramblings all this while. I don see enough madness. Is there any Car he hasn't mentioned yet? I think range rover and go-cart........ E dey look for 45 minutes road stretch. Go and race E no go gree. Keyboard racer. Lazy Nigerian racer. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by adanny01(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

shikena.

If k leg is real, how many recalls has there been for it? K leg should be a big safety concern for the entire Honda brand if it was real. Issues as small as hoses, floor mat etc but a big one as bíg as a whole ball joint pulling out has no recalls for what reason.

Are Americans afraid of the Japanese that class actions suits have not been filed against Honda for a gross safety issue?

Please, no cover for the carelessness of some car owners. The last k leg i saw was on a 2008 Camry! Some people will shout impossible.

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
adanny01:

If k leg is real, how many recalls has there been for it? K leg should be a big safety concern for the entire Honda brand if it was real. Issues as small as hoses, floor mat etc but a big one as bíg as a whole ball joint pulling out has no recalls for what reason.

Are Americans afraid of the Japanese that class actions suits have not been filed against Honda for a gross safety issue?

Please, no cover for the carelessness of some car owners. The last k leg i saw was on a 2008 Camry! Some people will shout impossible.

OK oh, oga... we will continue to agree to disagree on this issue..... like I said, what's on paper is not usually realistic. the same users with same maintenance culture still do not encounter the same issue with other brands.

u r the boss sha, u have the knowledge like uniquetech....
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:

comot Jare, u and all ur facts that's have k leg...

all ur facts have been proven to be wrong one way or the other.

u first stand up begin dey make mouth, oya go and race u begin talk story..

person volunteer im car only for u to volunteer ur life ur moral dey cut.

guy as far as I'm concerned u know nothing about cars.
maybe na car bulletin u dey read everyday.... I doubt if u have even driven all of those cars u mentioned.

it's not enough to just know, u have to know how to do as well. abi u dey fear elshanautos...

I just tire for u and ur big mouth
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
nurey:

yes there is a place where not just two cars but several cars are pitched together to determine the fastest of the bunch. please search for the ultimate drag race 1-7 and watch.

you don't need 10minutes to determine the fastest car among the two, just 2 things we are watching for acceleration (0-62mph and quarter mile) and top speed which we already know the E350 is better on paper sha grin

you can't prove the E350 is better in handling like I said it's not a sports car, in stability, it has an edge over the Avalon because of 4matic. if you think the 4matic will assist you in handling goodluck entering corner at 140km/h or splashing into a pool of water at high speeds.

real life racing isn't to test cars but drivers, I can easily beat you in a 2010 toyota corolla S with the manual shift and a 2.4L engine while you drive an E500 because the racing conditions aren't controlled where I would take higher risk, use experience and my knowledge of road network, you may not have such at your disposal.

winning a real life race isn't about horse power or top speed only but so many factors as minute as pothole on the road surface can make an Avalon beat a E500
My first reply to ElshanAutos pointed to what you just said here, racing two cars don't determine which is faster because the result depends on certain factors like one's driving skill set and knowledge of the road.
with that said the E350 is faster than the Avalon both pn paper and real life experiences, and yes the E350 posses better handling and stability. you can check performance rating of both cars online.
on this site which is one of the sites rated for car comparison the first thing they tells you is that the E350 have less chance is flipping over and then the performance rating which stand at 10.0 against Avalon's 9.0. www.carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vs-Toyota-Avalon
you can make emergency turn around a bend on high speed with the E350 but not with the Avalon.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

comot Jare, u and all ur facts that's have k leg...

all ur facts have been proven to be wrong one way or the other.

u first stand up begin dey make mouth, oya go and race u begin talk story..

person volunteer im car only for u to volunteer ur life ur moral dey cut.

guy as far as I'm concerned u know nothing about cars.
maybe na car bulletin u dey read everyday.... I doubt if u have even driven all of those cars u mentioned.

it's not enough to just know, u have to know how to do as well. abi u dey fear elshanautos...

I just tire for u and ur big mouth
ignorance they say is a disease, first he doesn't have both cars as I know him, secondly racing two cars will never determine which is faster.
and please before you quote me again do some research to see performance rating of both cars.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2018
banky3w:

Oga, move I wan comot for here. Been waiting too long for nothing. Uniquetechng has been incoherent with his ramblings all this while. I don see enough madness. Is there any Car he hasn't mentioned yet? I think range rover and go-cart........ E dey look for 45 minutes road stretch. Go and race E no go gree. Keyboard racer. Lazy Nigerian racer. tongue
it's hard to educate people who refuse to learn, check performance rating of both cars here, www.carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vs-Toyota-Avalon
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by nurey(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:
My first reply to ElshanAutos pointed to what you just said here, racing two cars don't determine which is faster because the result depends on certain factors like one's driving skill set and knowledge of the road.
with that said the E350 is faster than the Avalon both pn paper and real life experiences, and yes the E350 posses better handling and stability. you can check performance rating of both cars online.
on this site which is one of the sites rated for car comparison the first thing they tells you is that the E350 have less chance is flipping over and then the performance rating which stand at 10.0 against Avalon's 9.0. www.carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vs-Toyota-Avalon
you can make emergency turn around a bend on high speed with the E350 but not with the Avalon.

like I said both vehicles are identical, look at the curb weight of both identical and they both have same cornering capability even the site says so.

the benz has an edge in stability for a 4matic but a RWD benz is same as the avalon, even the avalon is better when it comes to slippery snow as RWD have been known to fumble in this instance.

as for the flip over yes japanese vehicles lack high grade roll over assists but may not be necessary, who takes sharp bends at high speeds should be ready to face the music.

the overall comparism puts the avalon ahead of the benz, you will agree with me that a 0.3secs speed doesn't always get you that contract. so let's leave the handling and what nots to the GTs and let's face reality that the Avalon beat the Benz overall in the comparism

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:
ignorance they say is a disease, first he doesn't have both cars as I know him, secondly racing two cars will never determine which is faster.
and please before you quote me again do some research to see performance rating of both cars.

bros forget, na u dey ginger since,

u make it sound like u have driven both cars.

someone says knife cuts better than cutlass. someone argues with him, he is reluctant to understand that the cutting power is derived from so many factors....he insists then another person says I have cutlass and knife.... let's fight.

the professional argumentative prof starts by telling a folklore that no entity can decide cutting power by fighting or sparring.

Guy go jare, na so so mouth u get, common liver u no get

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2018
nurey:

like I said both vehicles are identical, look at the curb weight of both identical and they both have same cornering capability even the site says so.

the benz has an edge in stability for a 4matic but a RWD benz is same as the avalon, even the avalon is better when it comes to slippery snow as RWD have been known to fumble in this instance.

as for the flip over yes japanese vehicles lack high grade roll over assists but may not be necessary, who takes sharp bends at high speeds should be ready to face the music.

the overall comparism puts the avalon ahead of the benz, you will agree with me that a 0.3secs speed doesn't always get you that contract. so let's leave the handling and what nots to the GTs and let's face reality that the Avalon beat the Benz overall in the comparism
Entertainment and the few other aspects goes to the Avalon but E350 edge in performance.
wish the thread is all about the both of us because you ate the only one who seem to know what cars is all about hete.
nice one bro
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

bros forget, na u dey ginger since,

u make it sound like u have driven both cars.

someone says knife cuts better than cutlass. someone argues with him, he is reluctant to understand that the cutting power is derived from so many factors....he insists then the same person says I have cutlass and knife.... let's fight.

the professional argumentative prof starts by telling a folklore that no entity can decide cutting power by fighting or sparring.

Guy go jare, na so so mouth u get, common liver u no get
I have driven both cars and presently own the 2011 A6 3.0T which of even faster than both cars, you can come to my house to have a feel of the demon.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
uniquetechng:
Entertainment and the few other aspects goes to the Avalon but E350 edge in performance.
wish the thread is all about the both of us because you ate the only one who seem to know what cars is all about hete.
nice one bro

hahahahahahaa, I laugh in calculus Mexican-mechanic -friends voice......

ngwanu go and race and with nurey as u Don dey mellow down small small
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

hahahahahahaa, I laugh in calculus Mexican-mechanic -friends voice......

ngwanu go and race and with nurey as u Don dey mellow down small small

There is no point displaying your ignorance on a thread you have absolutely no idea what is cooking.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 3:47am On Jul 03, 2018
elshanAutos:
@ aaidel I wonder why you bother replying someone that has consistently shown he doesn’t know much of what he’s talking about, yet acts like he does.. grin

good to educate people so they don't keep wallowing in ignorance or in his case misunderstanding wikipedia
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 3:55am On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
The Avalon was actually marketed in Japan as Toyota Pronard and in Australia as Mark I/II/III though was replaced with Aurion. it may also interest to know that the Avalon has always been assembled in US and exported to Japan.
In North American market the Camry competes in the midsize sedan segment with Avalon representing Toyota in the full size sedan segment until the fourth generation which run from 2012 - 2017.

there you go again
1. the Mark Toyota's were assembled in japan and as such cannot be Avalon's according to what you wrote up there and besides the Mark was first assembled in 1968 the Avalon in 1994 the Aurion as everyone knows is a Camry the fact that it replaced the Avalon in the Toyota Australia roster does not make it an Avalon so please when you google about cars calm down and digest everything you read before making declarations

2 Likes

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by radautoworks: 4:49am On Jul 03, 2018
... it you could simply just look up car and driver test results for both vehicles....

2 Likes

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:38am On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
There is no point displaying your ignorance on a thread you have absolutely no idea what is cooking.

u wan speak grammar?

who is displaying ignorance here, for starters I never CLAIMED to know anything about cars! last time I checked, that was u. so whose ignorance is on display here?

to me I still don't know which is faster, when I come to ur house to see the Audi u can gimme all those car bulletin u read cos right now, I cannot just be using google to compare cars upandan.

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:40am On Jul 03, 2018
aaidel:

there you go again
1. the Mark Toyota's were assembled in japan and as such cannot be Avalon's according to what you wrote up there and besides the Mark was first assembled in 1968 the Avalon in 1994 the Aurion as everyone knows is a Camry the fact that it replaced the Avalon in the Toyota Australia roster does not make it an Avalon so please when you google about cars calm down and digest everything you read before making declarations

when I saw him talk about the aurion, I just tire for the guy. that was when I knew he knew nothing but Jack about cars..

SMH someone that calls the aurion....Avalon.
well he has his bulletins sha
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

when I saw him talk about the aurion, I just tire for the guy. that was when I knew he knew nothing but Jack about cars..

SMH someone that calls the aurion....Avalon.
well he has his bulletins sha

well we are all here to learn at least he wont make the same mistake again grin grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by elshanAutos: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
I have driven both cars and presently own the 2011 A6 3.0T which of even faster than both cars, you can come to my house to have a feel of the demon.
I’m interested sir grin you can PM me or reach me via 08139338897, or just post your address here, anyone.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by elshanAutos: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:

I don’t help people to sell cars along airport road. You’re trying to pretend like you know who I am, or where I operate. Why so?
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
radautoworks:
... it you could simply just look up car and driver test results for both vehicles....

Madam leave us(the boys) ohhh, we like to argue/brag about such.. Football, cars etc grin grin grin grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by banky3w(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
it's hard to educate people who refuse to learn, check performance rating of both cars here, www.carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vs-Toyota-Avalon
You are a very clueless human being...... No facts in the links you posted. You just argue blindly.

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2018
elshanAutos:

I’m interested sir grin you can PM me or reach me via 08139338897, or just post your address here, anyone.

Me too oh grin grin grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by nurey(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
@ elshanautos and thebigkendo nah ontop ordinary Audi A6 3.0T una wan go hold calabash dey vomit dollars abi undecided if nah bugatti chiron or maybach excelero now, I go understand the risk grin nah joke I dey joke ooo, I no mind a kickdown on that car even if nah to wakeup for the otherside grin

if nah die be that I want to do it smiling *wink*
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by elshanAutos: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2018
thebigkendo:

Me too oh grin grin grin
nurey:
@ elshanautos and thebigkendo nah ontop ordinary Audi A6 3.0T una wan go hold calabash dey vomit dollars abi undecided if nah bugatti chiron or maybach excelero now, I go understand the risk grin nah joke I dey joke ooo, I no mind a kickdown on that car even if nah to wakeup for the otherside grin

if nah die be that I want to do it smiling *wink*
We await a robust response from him grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This / CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks? / BMW Introduces Inductive Charging On The 530e

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.