Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How The Nigerian Pastors Used To Bring Up False Prophecy - Aroms Aigbehi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Nigerian Pastors Used To Bring Up False Prophecy - Aroms Aigbehi (261 Views)

Pastor Sued For False Prophecy After Collecting $20,000 & SUV From A Member / Tithing Controversy: Nigerian Pastors Speak / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Nigerian Pastors Used To Bring Up False Prophecy - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2018
Someone worked into a room of 40 persons with a bible and I said miracle is going to happen today. Sure, everyone is interested in the miracle. He said God appeared to him last night and revealed to him that he is going to walk into a small hall today and discover at least two person with the same birthday.

The two persons with the same birthday are going to be anointed.

So he asked someone to get a piece of paper and take a row call. Everyone indicated his or her birthday and they were written down. I know what you are thinking. I am not going to bash pastors because this was not a setup.

At the end of the row call, there were two sets of persons with the same birthdays. Two were born on march 17th and two others on June 6th.

That was amazing and an expression of the power of God. Everyone was amazed and the four persons were anointed that day. The perceived power of the pastor increased.

What the church members didn't know is the "Birthday Problem." or "Birthday Paradox" Basically, it said that once you have more than 23 people in a place the probability of having at least two persons with the same birthday is 50%. Once you have a bit more persons then the probability is on your side.

It is a mathematical problem and I use to teach classes in Cryptography using this paradox to explain to students how man-in-the-middle attack can be used to break cryptographic algorithm due to the Birthday Paradox. During the class I never spoke with God and it was just pure mathematics. So it seems the pastor was deceiving his followers. What the black man don't understand is always a miracle.

What I succeeded in doing was to teach the students cryptography. Anytime you use WhatsApp or Facebook or use your mobile banking app, please know that the understanding of the "Birthday Paradox" partly helped to develop the cryptographic algorithm that made these communications private. If we had used the knowledge to deceive people we would never had got this far.

Try it yourself if you are a teacher, for sure you will have at least 23 students in your class. Someday, I will tell you about the "Knapsack Problem."

Re: How The Nigerian Pastors Used To Bring Up False Prophecy - Aroms Aigbehi by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2018
very very educative.op more of dis plesse

(1) (Reply)

New Heaven, New Earth / 5 Questions For Christian Mother In God’s Plan / Story Title: HOW WE ROLL By Oti Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.