Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (89075 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks To Fence 100 By 100 / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Reeefe(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
EngrOYemi:
How To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House.
Building a house is the dream of most Nigerians both home and abroad, and one of the fundamental challenges majority of these people are faced with is planning ahead and knowing the quantity of various materials that would be needed to put their dream house to reality. This thread would be dedicated to treating extensively a DIY approach on HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBERS OF BLOCKS AND CEMENTS NEEDED TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE.

This DIY(Do It Yourself) approach is not aimed at stopping you from hiring a professional to have a perfect work done, but just to give you an insight on how individual professionals arrives at concluding numbers of quantity of materials required or requested for. This will also help you to know when a particular Engineer, Architect, Builder, Manson, etc are been realistic and not only trying to rip you off your hard earn money.
NB: This is just an eyes opening thread. You might eventually need the help of a professional at the long run for more complex aspects that can’t be treated on this thread.
The First section would be dealing with the block aspect and the numbers of contribution from people and their interest would show how soon the cement aspect would be treated.
We have different types of blocks in vogue in Nigeria and in diverse sizes. We have the solid block (no hole in-between) and we equally have the hollow blocks(the common type you get from block industries in Nigeria with holes in between).
They come in various sizes, 4” or 4inches, 6” or 6inches, 9” or 9inches. We would be treating extensively the 6inches and 9inches because they are in vogue and are majorly used as partitioning walls and external walls respectively. This thread won’t be breaking down the use or importance of individual types of block and sizes but only aimed at addressing quantity.
What does 9”, 6”, and 4” means?
The only physical difference seen in the above sizes of blocks is in their thickness. From experience, the 4”, 6”, and 9” blocks have the same height, and same length.
Check The Free Hand Sketch Picture Below To Get An Idea Of What Am Talking About

Picture 1.

this is 2022 Nov n this written piece has educated me. THANKS MR YEMI

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
Lifebender:

EngrOYemi, thanks for your info sir.
I would love to ask,in bathroom floor construction,do you give it a step down or step up?i.e higher that the room or lower.
Now,I once worked with this guys that steps bathroom floor down when casting.However,the few houses I've lived in,their floors were stepped up.
So what's the pros and cons pls.

I actually got this message lately. If anyone would want me to still discuss about this subject matter, kindly let me know.

I would do justice to it.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
Reeefe:

this is 2022 Nov n this written piece has educated me. THANKS MR YEMI

Thank you.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Tenshades(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2022
EngrOYemi:

I actually got this message lately. If anyone would want me to still discuss about this subject matter, kindly let me know.

Ride on sir.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by yekini007(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
Pleas

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by ifud(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2023
EngrOYemi:

I really appreciate this course. I hope you are okay. I just stumbled on this thread today (3rd May, 2023). Please don’t stop. Hoping to learn about the cement, sand and granite expository.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Promisepiustom: 10:49am On Feb 14
Engr Yemi, i appreciate the great knowledge shared, kindly throw more light on the concrete aspect
I need to get some more knowledge to calculate for chippings, sand and cement. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Built Home On Inlaws Land Uproots & Moves The Home After Divorce (video) / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / Decorative wall stone tiles in Lagos and anywhere in Nigeria. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.