Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores (494 Views)

The Redmi 9t Is Defective / Defective Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Unit “cracks” As User Flips The Phone / Iphone XR Bought On Jumia Now Defective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by Dclique(m): 8:50pm On May 07, 2018
Its sad to know that online retail stores just put up item for sale without properly checking the quality, then make innocent customers fall victim and suffer unjustly.

And now most online retails stores (jumia) have cancelled thier 'pay on delivery' option, therefore customers must now pay online.

These products will look flashy and in good condition till u purchase it

I just want to share my terrible experience i had with Jumia after i purchased a defective product which stopped working after the 10th day and unfortunately jumia return policy is valid for only 7days, so anything after that means you are on ur own.

The yeye Binatone product even has a sticker on it which clearly says 2 years warranty then i remember this is naija. I just accepted my loss and moved on but im done with online shopping.

If you still shop online, be very careful.
Re: Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by Olubidex: 9:30pm On May 07, 2018
Dclique:
Its sad to know that online retail stores just put up item for sale without properly checking the quality, then make innocent customers fall victim and suffer unjustly.

And now most online retails stores (jumia) have cancelled thier 'pay on delivery' option, therefore customers must now pay online.

I just want to share my terrible experience i had with Jumia after i purchased a defective product which stopped working after the 10th day and unfortunately jumia return policy is valid for only 7days, so anything after that means you are on ur own.

The yeye Binatone product even has a sticker on it which clearly says 2 years warranty then i remember this is naija. I just accepted my loss and moved on but im done with online shopping.

You are not alone oops I fall victim of it on Jumia buying Oukitel u13 that only work for about a forthright and digitizer went dead. I can never by gadget from Jumia again. I suspect Jumia is giving customers returned and defective items hence their 7 day return policy.
Re: Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 07, 2018
Dclique:

Sorry for ur loss. It's one if the risks of buying online. Was the product shipped from overseas or locally? Most of these products are not sold by jumia, they just act as 3rd party to connect u to the sellers. Hence the 7 day return policy. Moreover no company is immune to factory problems. That u bought a product and it got spoilt within a few days doesn't mean the product is not good. I have an LG washing machine that I've been using for 5 yrs now and it's still going strong. I helped a friend get a similar product last month and it worked for just 2 weeks and developed some fault. But because we bought it from LG we have returned it and they fixed it for free. I've also bought a PS4 with factory problems, does that mean all ps4 have issues?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 07, 2018
Olubidex:

You are not alone oops I fall victim of it on Jumia buying Oukitel u13 that only work for about a forthright and digitizer went dead. I can never by gadget from Jumia again. I suspect Jumia is giving customers returned and defective items hence their 7 day return policy.

Lol, u bought a cheap Chinese phone with no reputation. U should know it's 50-50. Have u bought an iPhone from jumia and digitizer went dead within a fortnight?
Re: Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by bobo65(m): 9:54pm On May 07, 2018
Olubidex:

That's not jumia fault bro
Oukitel u13 came with that factory problem
Re: Beware Of Defective Products Sold At Online Stores by Lexusgs430: 10:09pm On May 07, 2018
It's not any online platforms fault, but the inability of authorities to enact laws to ensure that consumers rights are protected..

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Iphone 6plus 16gb For Sale / Playstore / TECNO Unveils 24MP Selfie Camera View Full Phone Spec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.