Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia (13814 Views)

Ikechuckwu Emmanuel: Nigerian Medical Student Killed By Chinese In Philippines / Four Arrested For Burning Adamawa Woman To Death Over Witchcraft (Photo) / Four Arrested In Ondo For Stripping Female Police Inspector Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by CuriousMynd: 8:33am On May 09, 2018
According to a Twitter user identified as Farida Nabourema, Four men who protested the pollution of Gunjur sea by a Chinese fish meal company were arrested by the Gambian police.

She tweeted;
"Police arrested these four young men in the #Gambia after one of them delivered a speech protesting against the pollution of the ocean by a Chinese company. Such injustices are caused by systems that take more than the downfall of a dictator to fix."

She also revealed that the Chinese company, Golden Lead reinstalled their waste pumps and put up their flag after the pumps were removed by youths of the community.

Read below;
"The Chinese fish meal company Golden Lead dumps its waste in the Gunjur Sea polluting the sea which is a source of income to over 2000 families. Few weeks ago, #Gambian youths removed the waste pumps but the Chinese reinstalled them along with their country’s flag"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/four-arrested-for-speaking-against-water-pollution-by-the-chinese-in-gambia.html

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by biacan(f): 8:34am On May 09, 2018
This is no news because Chinese firms are being known to dump all rejected products in Africa....... I guess the Gambian government has been given some amount of dollars....... smh

25 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by CuriousMynd: 8:35am On May 09, 2018

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Warripikin08(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2018
Africans with senseless leaders na today. Shit hole continent indeed, God y I come from Africa 95%of the leaders nor get sense at all. When a fool becomes a leader nothing is ever right because of little stipend when Chinese company dey give the leaders chai.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by haywire07(m): 9:01am On May 09, 2018
They were arrested for rebellion against their slave masters.

3 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Solidkay(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2018
I just wish Africa is still in the colonial era.
am convinced things would still be better than they are right now.

3 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by hoygift(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2018
Blacks
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Tolbanks(f): 10:48am On May 09, 2018
I don't even know what to say here now...

Hmmmn... It is welli ooo

1 Like

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Nairalandmentor(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2018
kiss why nau?

Need a website design? Get started without advanced payments. Check my signature
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by LordAdam: 10:49am On May 09, 2018
And some say China and the rising Axis power (China+Russia+Iran+North Korea) are the good guys.

There are no good guys in international politics. A world without the Allieds leading will be a very different world where there'd be no respect for human rights or the environment.

If a Western company had done this, you can be sure they'd be investigated by their governments and fined appropriately. The media will make mincemeat of the company, and activists will target them. The Chinese will take no action.

Africa must realize there is no Santa Claus. Everything has a price. The African problem needs an African solution. We either get our act together or the Chinese will just continue where the Europeans stopped.

-Lord

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:49am On May 09, 2018
shocked shocked

Typical of African leaders and shit-hole countries.

Bloody white-ass lickers

3 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by CriticMaestro: 10:50am On May 09, 2018
In the olden days we were forced into it, but now we willingly sell ourselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by AutoSpaNg: 10:50am On May 09, 2018
This is the reason why Kanye West said Slavery was a choice. A vehicle just arrived our park where there are gunshot marks all over and i was told by one of the mechanics that a Chinese man was kidnapped in it. i don't think this youths are serious at all. let me see the yeye chinese man that will go an re-install a pipe that militant removed in the Niger Delta or Mount their flag in Warri, the story of the Chinese man will be a very sorry one.

for those that have a car. please visit our automated vehicle maintenance and repair facility located in Abuja.Visit us Between May 2-20th for free Diagnostic check of your Vehicle. we have engineers that can assemble and dissemble your vehicle to solve any issue its having within minutes using the latest technologies in the industry. call or mail me to book an appointment 0810 066 1236 or steve@autospa.ng

6 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by kuntash: 10:50am On May 09, 2018
Warripikin08:
When a fool becomes a leader nothing is ever right because of little stipend when Chinese company dey give the leaders chai.

Nigeria is loading this scenario with a gargantuan effort and would start bursting loose gradually

1 Like

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by spartan50(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2018
This is how terrorism and militancy starts... Inadvice you bomb the hell out of those pipelines

2 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by spartan50(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2018
This is how terrorism and militancy starts... Inadvice you pull the hell out of those pipelines
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by HarryDuce(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2018
They removed one senseless leader just to vote in another senseless one.

Na Wa.

2 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by SalamRushdie: 10:53am On May 09, 2018
I am very disturbed about how the Chinese erected their flag there

8 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Nobody: 10:53am On May 09, 2018
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Aboguede(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2018
Gambians and back stabbing always 5&6.

The best way to understand Gambia is to compare Nigeria to America
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by thoollz: 10:54am On May 09, 2018
Africa. Chinese are polluting, citizens are complaining and u decided to lock them up. That's unfair.

MIKOLOWISKA:
who told you lose was fair

What are you saying
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Temple1288(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2018
Oh! Black Africa! Ndi Isi Oji....
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by omoadeleye(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2018
Uhm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Nobody: 10:57am On May 09, 2018
Solidkay:

You would’ve been subject to conditions a lot worse. Colonizer would only develop the continent for themselves and their benefit. Just look no further than apartheid South Africa or Rhodesia. Need I say more.

2 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by dfrost: 10:59am On May 09, 2018
Solidkay:

cry embarassed I tell you. Because the leaders are enslaved so let all of us kukuma become slaves. cry embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by Nobody: 10:59am On May 09, 2018
them no get sea pirates? Kidnapped those chinko people, then shoot dem all
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by gurunlocker: 11:00am On May 09, 2018
See as dem pollute water that even fish are dying.... Try this in naija, militant go show you.
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by dfrost: 11:01am On May 09, 2018
Bolowolowo:

You would’ve been subject to conditions a lot worse. Colonizer would only develop the continent for themselves and their benefit. Just look no further than apartheid South Africa or Rhodesia. Need I say more.

You think so? Go and check the areas developed by the whites in SA and check the current dwelling places of the black-skinned ones.

1 Like

Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by PrincessB1(f): 11:01am On May 09, 2018
Oh Africa
Re: Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia by mekonglobal(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2018
undecided Africans when shall we be free from these mental slavery Proscuting one of ur own for against the injustice being done in ur land by forigne firm just because of dollars.
No, this is not right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Women Arrested For Selling 2-Day-Old Baby In Enugu (Photos) / Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby / Yahoo Boys Caught With Dead Girl. *viewers DISCRETION*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.