Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,175 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) (1122 Views)

Pedigree & Dog Chow Dog Food Is Available For Bulk Sales. / Resident Uses Dogs To 'Scare' Disco Officials That Wanted To Disconnect Power / Why You Need A Pedigree Dog, Pictures attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) by speedfreak(m): 3:25am On May 10, 2018
Pedigree,Pedigree,pedigree...Probably the Most common word used in adverts,Facebook posts, Nairaland na im kill am finsh etc.While you may have a basic idea of the word("okay its a purebred dog from imported parents"wink your'e certainly not wrong but based on the Merriam Webster dictionary a pedigree is 'the Origin or history of something especially when its impressive' So much for that big word,huh?.Simply put,a pedigree in Animal Husbandry is Just a documented History of an animal from both parents used to illustrate superiority of Genes,Faults(Abi you think say pedigree na so so better thing! ,Notable Parents,etc.In Nigeria pedigree just seems like a legitimate excuse for breeders to charge exorbitant prices on pups,After an ordeal with a buyer this evening,Make i talk the whole story sha,For the purpose of this narrative lets use Mr X and Mr Y(No pun intended) to represent both Buyers.Mr X contacted me about 2 months ago,enquring about a pedigree Caucasian Ovcharka,Since hes was from Nairaland i didn't really take him serious(Last Last,Nairalanders no dey ever talk better price),Surprisingly we struck a deal and he paid 250k(Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira Only) into my account before my madam littered.Fast Forwrd till today,Mr x Called me from my Interesting Mac 306 lecture(the only reason i goto school on the weekend Ps: My weekend Starts from Thursday)that he had arrived in Jos and he was coming to pick up his pup,I rushed down,Jos people una know say British America 4pm traffic no be here.Getting home he picked up one of my beautiful babies and i proceeded to drop him off at the night Bus park as he declined my offer of accomodation(If you paid that much for a pup i should atleast book you a room for the night,Abi?).At the bus park we met Mr Y who had also come to Waybill another pup,We got talking Nice dog,I want one, Story Story.Finally dropped Mr x off n came back home with Mr y,Brought out one of my unbooked males,He had a Good look and agreed to buy...initial offer 90k, after showing him the Studs pedigree, 120k, i brought mother out,140k last, Took him to PedigreeDatabase and he added 10k,Okay bros,Google the pups,and he Suddenly could spare an extra 10k,Long story short he paid 160k(155k honestly,He felt i had done him such a huge favor,He bought me a Few bottles of Heineken grin) for a caucasian pup,Hah OP you sabi lie!! In this Nigeria!!The same dog wey I dey see 50k!! it might not be a big deal to you but fellow breeders hardly ever pay good money for pups especially locally bred males. The point being
1.Knowing your dogs pedigree Commands A higher price for your litter
2.Enables you to Stud match
3.Play god grin(determine Color,Temperament,litter size, etc)
4.Trace your dog back 8 generations.Yeah, 8!
5.Determine Purity
6.Set type.
Since Pedigrees are the rage,there are faked,Non-existent pedigrees sellers use in deceiving potential buyers,Please consider the following before you buy that "pedigree" dog

1.Because its pedigree doesn't mean the dog is or would be an excellent specimen
2. Beware of dogs listed under the pedigree database,its free,thus it can easily be manipulated
3. Forget those foreign strange names, E no follow
4. Google search the names,i assure you it show up,Not found doesn't mean its not pedigree,it just means the seller should provide you hard copy of the Ped certificate or Name the Original Breeder of both dogs,look the breeder up on facebook and confirm before you pay Shishi
Basically,Before you buy any dog,please contact a reputable breeder in that breed to confirm the authenticity of the pedigree we usually keep track of each others imports ,So that you dont come and dull Nairaland with "Rate my dog" and "how pure is my dog" posts...Bere Lowa
So Ranting over, undecided,Ikr,the guy too talk
I have two pedigree Caucasian Pups for sale at a very affordable price,You'd never get pups this Good for this price, They are being sold this cheaply because they are whats left of a litter and i need them sold over the weekend,cant buy a new Bag of Taste of the wild for just two pups.
If you want to up your breeding game,Get a pedigree pup or just want a caucasian ovcharka Please call 08037255234 or Whatsapp 09037292503 respectively.Please feel to ask about future purchases,confirm pedigrees,anything related to breeding. Knowledge is free
Ese gan
Re: Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) by speedfreak(m): 3:27am On May 10, 2018
Sorry about the pictures,My internet connection is kinda shitty right now,thread would be updated daily
With examples of pedigrees,ped certificates,ped websites etc
Re: Ever Wanted To Own A Pedigree Dog?then Read This(with Pictures) by jayned: 2:00pm On May 12, 2018
speedfreak:
Sorry about the pictures,My internet connection is kinda shitty right now,thread would be updated daily
With examples of pedigrees,ped certificates,ped websites etc

Following...

(1) (Reply)

Boerboel For Sale @100k / Female Dog Forsale Ph / Snake Been Killed By Me On Top Of My Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.