Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? (76375 Views)

W / Need To Sink A Borehole? / Need To Sink A Borehole? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2010
Please I need the price of digging bore-hole for water.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by snowdrops(m): 11:27am On May 22, 2010
This issue has been discussed several times on this forum. Last i checked it depends on your location and the quality of the work you want in addition to whether you require a storage tank.

It can range from N150,000 to N1,000,000
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 4:49pm On May 22, 2010
Thanks snowdrops. The thing pass my power.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2010
snowdrops:

This issue has been discussed several times on this forum. Last i checked it depends on your location and the quality of the work you want in addition to whether you require a storage tank.

not true. anything below 250k, you also have to consider the dept of reaching the water.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by ikeGod2: 7:59pm On May 24, 2010
I just did a 5" bore hole for my people in the village and the contractor messed up the job. I got somebody new who did a brilliant job for me. If you care reach me on 07084699678 for his contact and I assure you you will not regret it.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by member479760: 8:02pm On May 24, 2010
Please can someone tell me the cost of digging a borehole for water in MOWE?
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2010
Any good contractor in Osun state who can dig bore-hole ?
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by baconline(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2010
Was in the business years back. Borehole in Lagos region cost from 120k to 250k,the formation is just loose,mostly done with HAND DRILLING. On the Island,u need to go way below 300 feet to find good water ,cost u well over 1m depending on the diameter(domestic or indusrial), U need a highly powered rig to achieve that.
Outside Lagos moving to Ibadan is a basement formatio(rocky) the average depth is (120 to 150 feets)will cost u 350k to drill. At Abeokuta u have a mixture of Sedimentary and basement depending on the depth will cost 300k to 600k .
The prices I put is excluding the pump installation

Plenty Drillers inIbadan,come pick one to do it for at Osun,take advantage that this is off season
Akerekoroabijawara:

Any good contractor in Osun state who can dig bore-hole ?
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by sulad82i(m): 11:30pm On May 24, 2010
snowdrops:

It can range from N150,000 to [size=18pt]N1,000,000[/size]

Jeeez! If I pay 1m for borehole, will the water come out as gold?

13 Likes

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Redman44(m): 1:54am On May 25, 2010
My siblings and I are trying to dig a borehole in our family house in Lagos. We have been told that it will cost 250,000 Naira by the contractor who has handed my elder brother a quotation. I feel the actual price of digging a borehole will vary in different parts of Nigeria. Cheers.

www.amebor.com
www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by moremi2008(m): 3:10am On May 25, 2010
I think you can drill one for 450k.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Nobody: 7:04am On May 25, 2010
[b]I posted this some months ago:

We have 2 types:

1. Manual and 2. heavy duty drilling.

Manual's good, because its cheap, but it has its problem? If they hit a big rock in the buttom they cant drill through, you have to go back to getting the heavy duty drilling machine instead of the manual. And you pay for that. Meaning, youve paid double.

For manual borehole you pay at most #180,000
Heavy duty borehole drilling cost at most #400,000

extra contribution:

why a borehole and not an ordinary well?

wells are good, but not good enough because most are usually not at the aquifier zone; the place where you reach sustainable clean and fresh water. unlike boreholes, wells are not usually deep. they are mostly around 30 to 40 feet deep, unlike boreholes that goes x10 deeper in most cases. Borehole water are totally different. Sustainable, clean, and some cases not chlorinated or treated at all. And inexhaustable if well dug, unlike wells that get dried up during long dry seasons.

Best of luck finding the right borehole company, or simply get a cheap well for around 100k which will serve the same purpose, but NOTE that you cant drink well water. You can use the well, until you can later in the future get a borehole.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by larimo(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

not true. anything below 250k, you also have to consider the dept of reaching the water.
sulad82i:

snowdrops:

guys, snowdrop's very right. the price can go up to 1M or more. Like he/she said, it depends on the quality of water you want and the location. Most of the water we are consuming does not even come from the aquifer.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by ud4u: 9:58am On May 25, 2010
Is very cheap in Lagos, the one my sister told me about was about fifty thousand just to dig it without tank, so all these price people are saying here are outrageous. Though that my sister stays at Agbara, so it all depends on the area you want ot dig it too.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by hackney(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2010
The manual one costs about N100k in parts of imo state .
(dug one around oct)
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Nicols(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2010
. . , so how much will it cost to drill a bore hole in Awoyaya, Eti-Osa LGA Lagos?
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by hackney(m): 10:19am On May 25, 2010
i'd say circa N200k
(manual)
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by snowdrops(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2010
larimo:

guys, snowdrop's very right. the price can go up to 1M or more. Like he/she said, it depends on the quality of water you want and the location. Most of the water we are consuming does not even come from the aquifer.
Nice one my brother. People scream when they hear 1 million as if everyone lives in Lagos, want a shoddy job or want borehole for solely for personal use.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by larimo(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2010
snowdrops:

Nice one my brother. People scream when they hear 1 million as if everyone lives in Lagos, want a shoddy job or want borehole for solely for personal use.

even in Lagos, you still drill expensive boreholes. you'll notice the heavy treatment of water in Lagos cos most boreholes dont even get near to the aquifer. everything na money,
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by wazobiang: 3:45pm On May 25, 2010
i once use piss dig ground, oil plus water erupt. give me the gps position of your place make i try am again.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by sylve11: 5:28pm On May 25, 2010
sulad82i:

lol. . . .

@poster, depend on ur location. Like in Kaduna where i sometime base, u having N160,000 to 200,00, u r sure having a good borehole in system. if u r in south south, N100,000. cool
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Theblessed(f): 7:18pm On May 25, 2010
Well, a friend of mine had one installed last month and said, it cost #600,000 (Six Hundred thousand Naira inclusive) in total i.e. including 2 big water tanks and that everything is working fine though.  However, you need a good water generator and recommends diesel engines if you don't want to burn down the neighbourhood or the entire village with petrol generators assuming things gets out of hand. Remember, petrol is highly inflammable so, for safety reasons consider diesel engines.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by benzine: 10:14pm On May 25, 2010
sulad82i:

YES. It will come out as gold and if u pay 1.5m, then expect diamond. lol
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by erico2k2(m): 11:04pm On May 25, 2010
I did one for my crib,cost of drilling only 25K,mind you its Delta state

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by Kx: 3:51pm On May 26, 2010
cost of 1.5hp sumo,
cost of labour,
other materials etc
Estimated total cost equals 100-120k,delta state
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by snowdrops(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2010
It seems some people dig wells and call it boreholes tongue

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by erico2k2(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2010
snowdrops:

It seems some people dig wells and call it boreholes tongue
I know what you are thinking, its too cheap,mind you mine was done in Delta state, took less than 2 hrs to do,cos ground water is not that far plus it was done manualy by just 5 guys,the 25k is inclussive of labour and renting of equipments and transport,I even took pics of how they where doing it lol
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by snowdrops(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2010
Good on you then. Is it still working ok?
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by erico2k2(m): 7:17am On May 27, 2010
snowdrops:

Good on you then. Is it still working ok?
ah what do you mean by is it stil working, I think you are getting this al totally wrong, what in your own opinion DO YOU THINK COULD GO WRONG WITH IT?,just asking so I know we are both talking about same thing.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by snowdrops(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2010
Dont read any meaning to my question. I was not trying to be sarcastic. 25,000 for a borehole including labour, even in delta state sounded cheap. So i was only curious to know if that amount was sufficient the quality of work needed.
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by tEsLim(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2010
Did mine for 120k for my ikorodu home includes 1.5hp pump and installation etc
Re: Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? by erico2k2(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2010
erico2k2:

ah what do you mean by is it stil working, I think you are getting this al totally wrong, what in your own opinion DO YOU THINK COULD GO WRONG WITH IT?,just asking so I know we are both talking about same thing.
snowdrops:

Dont read any meaning to my question. I was not trying to be sarcastic. 25,000 for a borehole including labour, even in delta state sounded cheap. So i was only curious to know if that amount was sufficient the quality of work needed.
you have answered my question, now,that cost N25K only include labour and the pipe plus stop valves,by the time I bought the Tank N18K,scafolder n17K and pumping maching N17K and that labour, the price got up to N77k plus, and like I said earlier we are close to Sea level,we found water within erm I cant tell but its a full lenght of that PVC pipe and a quater,now how many mitres is that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Expensive Buildings In The World / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.