Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN (19273 Views)

Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / First Bank: CBN Breaks Silence, Says No Individual Can Own The Bank / How To Apply For NIRSAL Microfinance Bank CBN N50bn COVID-19 Loan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by 247frolic(m): 5:52am On May 11, 2018
The Central bank of Nigeria has urged Nigerians of their right to demand new notes from banks and reject dirty notes as the CBN continues its efforts to rid the country of dirty currency.

Isaac Okorafor, acting director, communications department of the of the CBN said this in a statement.

He also blamed the commercial banks of putting a spanner in the works in the CBN’s attempt to use cleaner notes.

Okorafor then spoke on some of the measures taken by the CBN to get cleaner notes in circulation, including, the reduction in the amount it charges banks for sorting the dirty notes for clean ones from N12,000 to N1,000 per box.

He said this reduction in charges was in a bid to encourage more banks to bring in dirty money and exchange it for clean notes which then go back into circulation.

Seeing that the move wasn’t working as planned, the CBN has started making moves to remove the monies from circulation themselves including engaging associations in various markets to encourage traders to change genuine dirty notes for new ones.

“The bank has already taken the new measure to Kano, Kaduna and Abuja and also intends to bring it to the south,” Okorafor said.

http://newshelm.ng/reject-dirty-naira-notes-from-the-bank-cbn/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by youngest85(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2018
Yesterday I went to withdraw 40m for my supplier who doesn't trust internet banking.
To my greatest surprise, half of the money is condemned notes

I just left it for them and walk away,.......nonsense!

30 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Cutehector(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2018
The money in bullion vans being sent to banks, are you trying to tell me they are clean?

3 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Nogodye(m): 5:58am On May 11, 2018
The rate at which dirty naira notes circulate is so alarming.Its been long i saw new #100 and #200 note...It's a National embarassment.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Baawaa(m): 6:00am On May 11, 2018
Fine, what about the ones ATM machine dispose

21 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:02am On May 11, 2018
grin grin
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by emi14: 6:26am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:
Yesterday I went to withdraw 40m for my supplier who doesn't trust internet banking.

Fat liar. Organization that transacts #40m business doesn't trust transfers?

69 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by emi14: 6:29am On May 11, 2018
Cutehector:
The money in bullion vans being sent to banks, are you trying to tell me they are clean?
They notes are dirty. The commercial banks should send the dirty notes to CBN. Awareness should be created for the use of wallets and purses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by thesicilian: 6:36am On May 11, 2018
emi14:

Why even bother to reply such a comment?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by emi14: 6:40am On May 11, 2018
thesicilian:

Why even bother to reply such a comment?
Sorry + thanks bro.

5 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by michlins(m): 6:43am On May 11, 2018
emi14:

maybe he and his supplier are products of Evans and you know they don't do digital banking but real cash

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Nobody: 6:43am On May 11, 2018
The quality of the N100 is just too poor. Even when you get new N100 note, it depreciates so fast. They should divert the resources they use in destroying/recycling mutilated N100 notes into improving the quality bi ko.

7 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by hisgrace090: 6:54am On May 11, 2018
Both the CBN and the banks have dissapoonted Nigerians in this dirty naira issue.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by hisgrace090: 6:58am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:

Brother this is to tell you how the situation at hand is.

In fact the rate of dirty note in circulation today is worrisome as if we have no govt.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by SalamRushdie: 7:18am On May 11, 2018
The CBN needs to stop trying to play to the gallery and tell us exactly how much 100 Naira new notes they have printed since Buhari came to power ... I don't understand how the CBN can wake up and blame banks when the onus to mop up old bills and re issue new ones lies with it ... The CBN should also tell us why the problem lies more with the 100 naira note when compared to other denominations ? This Buhari govt is truly the most dangerous and divisive govt when it comes to our history .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by HtwoOw: 7:25am On May 11, 2018
Hahahahah

AC has blocked CBN Director's brain

Most of grassroot's daily transaction is carried out in cash , most of which is withdrawn from ATM because the way staffs at bank look you with bad eye if you want to withdraw less than 60=100k on counter , you will wish for rapture

ATM machines are dispensing old , useless notes, there was even a story about ATM dispensing fake cash , Nigerians need cash , so Nigerians don't really have a choice , whatever the bank pays the people spend

2 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by HtwoOw: 7:26am On May 11, 2018
There are two things involved

Either the transaction was carried out in his dream

Or He's a drug dealer

emi14:

6 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by three: 8:02am On May 11, 2018

From the President to the CBN Governor no one takes responsibility.

Like someone said yesterday on another thread, if we the citizens do everything elected and appointed officials are meant to do including paying tax what is left for them to do?

3 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by jazinogold(m): 8:30am On May 11, 2018
cheesy

i will reject it if they want to use it to pay me...but if they dash me, i go collect

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by menix(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2018
Hhmmm..

It is easier to say reject dirty naira note from the banks but they fail to realize the consequences, the banks too would start rejecting dirty naira notes from the populace nd guess who suffers most?? Ur guess is as good as mine.

Way forward:
Create complaints line nd sanctions erring branches or banks...

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by KwoiZabo(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2018
We need more lower denomination currencies. More 100 and 50 Naira

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by aribisala0(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2018
Need to remove 2 or 3 zeros from our currency and bring back coins
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by chinavs9ja(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
What about the one from ATM?

I am a writer and a web developer check my signature below
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by tolexy007(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
Nogodye:
The rate at which dirty naira notes circulate is so alarming.Its been long i saw new #100 and #200 note...It's a National embarassment.

my brother 100 naira is the worst
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Jerryojozy(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
CBN is not serious. As a cash officer in one of the leading comercial banks in Kano. My dirty notes in 18 boxes were rejected on Tuesday simply because one packet wasn't dirty enough. A customer came, requested for a huge sum and I gadly gave him those dirty notes. CBN should be considerate especially Kano branch.

Genius J

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Temptee101(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
emi14:

You should have left that guy to continue wallowing in ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by AK6464(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
And ATM?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by loadedvibes: 8:41am On May 11, 2018
How do we reject atm money?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Neddyogu(m): 8:41am On May 11, 2018
HtwoOw:
There are two things involved

Either the transaction was carried out in his dream

Or He's a drug dealer

Sombori cannor transact 40M in peace again? grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. / Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business / Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.