Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,218 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigeria Busiest Markets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Busiest Markets (872 Views)

Sallah: Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets / Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) / 10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Busiest Markets by Asuokaa: 8:40am On May 11, 2018
170 million people, with per capita income above $5000, and a burgeoning middle class; it is easy to see why Nigeria is one of the most sought-after hubs for consumer goods globally. This unavoidably forces the establishment of large markets, specialized in retailing either groceries, tech devices or households appliances. Nigeria, Africa’s largest economy, is home to some of the continent’s biggest and busiest markets.

A typical day at one of Nigeria’s busier markets involve long walks and aggressive bargaining, manoeuvring through a mob of fellow buyers, and the frequent calls from traders seeking to lure passers-by to their shops. Local phrases commonly chorused by these traders include “Oga, wetin you wan buy?”, “Madam I get am for shop!”

Patronizing one of these markets is usually considered a hectic venture. But if you are up for it, here are some of the country’s most visited.

OFFER SHORT LETS IN YOUR APARTMENT TO USERS ON CO-TENANT
FOLLOW THIS LINK:
https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/

Ariaria International Market, Ab

Nicknamed the ‘China of Africa’, Ariaria Market – located in Aba, Abia State – is one of the largest in Eastern Nigeria. The region is home to the country’s most prolific trading ethnic group, the Ibos, and contributes a significant portion to Nigeria’s consumer goods imports.

Chaotic, industrious, rowdy, cheap, inferior; these are a few of the words used to describe the region’s busiest retail hub.

As one of the biggest African markets, traders troop in daily from across West Africa, with some coming from as far as East Africa.

Alaba International Market, Lagos

Alaba International Market is the biggest market for electrical appliances, electronics, and accessories in Nigeria. Its customer friendly location has made it one of the country’s most patronised retail hubs. To further expand its reach, it recently launched an online platform, drawing customers not resident in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital.

Kurmi Market, Kano

Kurmi is one of Nigeria’s oldest markets, dating back over 500 years ago to the reign of Mohammed Rumfa in 1463. It was once a trade centre for the North West Africa region. At Kurmi, you can find virtually anything from groceries, to food items, fabrics, and even cattle.

As a tourist attraction, it offers souvenir options such as locally woven materials, dyed fabrics, sculptures, carved stones and beaded jewellery.

Aleshinloye Market, Ibadan

Although it experienced a shutdown scare following a fire incident in August, Aleshinloye remains one of the most visited markets in Ibadan. It is the oldest trading hub in Western Nigeria.

FOLLOW THIS LINK:

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue

Zaki Biam is Nigeria’s largest mono-product market. The only product sold in this market is Yam. Situated in Benue, the country’s largest yam producing state, Zaki Biam records an average yearly sale of 1.5 million tubers.

Computer Village, Lagos

Computer village is the largest IT hub in West Africa, home to prominent dealers of mobile phones, computers and its accessories.

This busy market was once a residential area just a decade ago. But following Nigeria’s introduction of mobile phones in 2003, the settlement was quickly transformed into a booming retail spot, housing mobile top brands such as Blackberry, Samsung and Tecno.

According to Omobola Johnson, Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Computer Village generates about $2 billion to the economy annually.

CULLED FROM: VENTURES AFRICA

FOLLOW THIS LINK:
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by OFFICIAL336: 9:08am On May 11, 2018
Asuokaa:
170 million people, with per capita income above $5000, and a burgeoning middle class; it is easy to see why Nigeria is one of the most sought-after hubs for consumer goods globally. This unavoidably forces the establishment of large markets, specialized in retailing either groceries, tech devices or households appliances. Nigeria, Africa’s largest economy, is home to some of the continent’s biggest and busiest markets.

A typical day at one of Nigeria’s busier markets involve long walks and aggressive bargaining, manoeuvring through a mob of fellow buyers, and the frequent calls from traders seeking to lure passers-by to their shops. Local phrases commonly chorused by these traders include “Oga, wetin you wan buy?”, “Madam I get am for shop!”

Patronizing one of these markets is usually considered a hectic venture. But if you are up for it, here are some of the country’s most visited.

FOLLOW THIS LINK: https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/

Ariaria International Market, Ab

Nicknamed the ‘China of Africa’, Ariaria Market – located in Aba, Abia State – is one of the largest in Eastern Nigeria. The region is home to the country’s most prolific trading ethnic group, the Ibos, and contributes a significant portion to Nigeria’s consumer goods imports.

Chaotic, industrious, rowdy, cheap, inferior; these are a few of the words used to describe the region’s busiest retail hub.

As one of the biggest African markets, traders troop in daily from across West Africa, with some coming from as far as East Africa.

Alaba International Market, Lagos

Alaba International Market is the biggest market for electrical appliances, electronics, and accessories in Nigeria. Its customer friendly location has made it one of the country’s most patronised retail hubs. To further expand its reach, it recently launched an online platform, drawing customers not resident in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital.

Kurmi Market, Kano

Kurmi is one of Nigeria’s oldest markets, dating back over 500 years ago to the reign of Mohammed Rumfa in 1463. It was once a trade centre for the North West Africa region. At Kurmi, you can find virtually anything from groceries, to food items, fabrics, and even cattle.

As a tourist attraction, it offers souvenir options such as locally woven materials, dyed fabrics, sculptures, carved stones and beaded jewellery.

Aleshinloye Market, Ibadan

Although it experienced a shutdown scare following a fire incident in August, Aleshinloye remains one of the most visited markets in Ibadan. It is the oldest trading hub in Western Nigeria.

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue

Zaki Biam is Nigeria’s largest mono-product market. The only product sold in this market is Yam. Situated in Benue, the country’s largest yam producing state, Zaki Biam records an average yearly sale of 1.5 million tubers.

Computer Village, Lagos

Computer village is the largest IT hub in West Africa, home to prominent dealers of mobile phones, computers and its accessories.

This busy market was once a residential area just a decade ago. But following Nigeria’s introduction of mobile phones in 2003, the settlement was quickly transformed into a booming retail spot, housing mobile top brands such as Blackberry, Samsung and Tecno.

According to Omobola Johnson, Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Computer Village generates about $2 billion to the economy annually.

CULLED FROM: VENTURES AFRICA

At the boldened, you are still a racist toddler. If you are so hateful like this, then your Co-tenant will be one crappy hellhole.

In case you don't know, Aba manufactures military kits for the NA, manufactured for the Biafran Army and China is investing 1.5 billion USD in shoe manufacturing in Aba alone.

If their goods are inferior, those people won't near Aba, especially your NA.

Just like in China, there are grades of Aba products. If you have got your money, then PM me, I will take you to where you won't believe exists in Aba.

The culmination of your insanity was removing the largest market in WA, Main Market Onitsha.

Even if you hate Ndi Igbo, just fear God small.

If you want to be a tribalist, good luck but never put your brand at the fore-front.

The bottomline is this is a crap.

Anyway for the records, this shithole is over 170 million.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by Yyeske(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2018
Main market Onitsha was not even mentioned, nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by aribisala0(m): 9:30am On May 11, 2018
Yyeske:
Main market Onitsha was not even mentioned, nonsense.
It is not particularly relevant to Nigerians.

The most important "market" is the market agglomerration on Lagos Island around Idumota. Balogun, Oke-Arin.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by izombie(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2018
aribisala0:
It is not particularly relevant to Nigerians.

The most important "market" is the market agglomerration on Lagos Island around Idumota. Balogun, Oke-Arin.
another afonja that has never crossed sagamu. Have you ever been to main market onitsha? How can you say the biggest market in Africa is not particulaly relevant? Please explain what you mean by "particularly relevant". Or are you just being ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by Asuokaa: 9:54am On May 11, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

At the boldened, you are still a racist toddler. If you are so hateful like this, then your Co-tenant will be one crappy hellhole.

In case you don't know, Aba manufactures military kits for the NA, manufactured for the Biafran Army and China is investing 1.5 billion USD in shoe manufacturing in Aba alone.

If their goods are inferior, those people won't near Aba, especially your NA.

Just like in China, there are grades of Aba products. If you have got your money, then PM me, I will take you to where you won't believe exists in Aba.

The culmination of your insanity was removing the largest market in WA, Main Market Onitsha.

Even if you hate Ndi Igbo, just fear God small.

If you want to be a tribalist, good luck but never put your brand at the fore-front.

The bottomline is this is a crap.

Anyway for the records, this shithole is over 170 million.

i dont understand the name calling or insult

please lets be constructive in our response

there is a way we can dialogue without insulting each other

so you mean in this article all you see is tribalism

education has failed Nigerians

please you can counter it with your opinions not with insults

Thank you
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by OFFICIAL336: 10:41am On May 11, 2018
Asuokaa:

i dont understand the name calling or insult

please lets be constructive in our response

there is a way we can dialogue without insulting each other

so you mean in this article all you see is tribalism

education has failed Nigerians

please you can counter it with your opinions not with insults

Thank you
I am a Consultant and I understand demarketing when I see one.

Maybe your tribal self didn't see it, but it was clearly written in those crap.

You were demarketing Aba product while clinging to plausible deniability.

You followed that up by omitting the largest Market in WA, Onitsha.

There are others things I can point out in your post especially what you wrote about Alaba but I don't have your time.

The truth is I don't believe that those goofs were mere coincidence.

It is my responsibility to call you out for who you are.

You are a #Tribalist and one professional advice I have for you, unless you are trying to build a brand by been controversial (which is dangerous if you don't know the art), stop putting your brand in the fore-front of controversial topics.

I understand you are trying to use this post to market your brand, but your choice words is not professional.

Again, the post should be a marketing content but to me it sounds more of a political content to elicit tribal e-war.

Those little adverts can shut people off, next time you are writing, set a subtle agenda in the writing. Manipulate the people without them seeing it.

Lemme give you a little insight, Ariaria is a great market where you find many good and cheap goods, it is the 2nd largest market in the SE, so so so in the Africa, it sits on so so so km and tranversing so so so area, it attracts customers from so so so state, in fact, so so so, a foreigner from so so so country shopped at Ariria bla bla bla (the purpose of this paragraph is to market the market, to capture the interest of your audience, but everything damn thing you said MUST be the truth)

Now in the nxt paragraph
Unfortunately, accessing this market can be so difficult can especially for those living in so so so area.

But living closer to the market can be of great help.

But the bad news is, getting a good accommodation around those area can be so so so,

But the good news is sharing an apartment with a tenant can be so so so. (Now use this opportunity to sell the idea of co-tenancy but never mention your brand)

At the last paragraph, introduce your brand, then grab a pop corn and zip your zobo.

You might not get the biz immediately, but the most important thing is you have sold your business. With consistency, you will rush back here thanking me.

Disclaimer: What I stated is a mere format without professional polishing. The agenda are there but are not too subtle. Sensitive souls like us can still sniff out the marketing pitches it but it is not bad for your brand. But I prefer marketing to people without them knowing I am actually marketing to them. That way I convert more customers for my clients.

I just marketed myself with you thinking I am just advising you.

Oga, no free thing in Free town. Don't forget that.

I was controversial in the beginning to get this attention.

Lol.

Good luck.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by Asuokaa: 11:36am On May 11, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

I am a Consultant and I understand demarketing when I see one.

Maybe your tribal self didn't see it, but it was clearly written in those crap.

You were demarketing Aba product while clinging to plausible deniability.

You followed that up by omitting the largest Market in WA, Onitsha.

There are others things I can point out in your post especially what you wrote about Alaba but I don't have your time.

The truth is I don't believe that those goofs were mere coincidence.

It is my responsibility to call you out for who you are.

You are a #Tribalist and one professional advice I have for you, unless you are trying to build a brand by been controversial (which is dangerous if you don't know the art), stop putting your brand in the fore-front of controversial topics.

I understand you are trying to use this post to market your brand, but your choice words is not professional.

Again, the post should be a marketing content but to me it sounds more of a political content to elicit tribal e-war.

Those little adverts can shut people off, next time you are writing, set a subtle agenda in the writing. Manipulate the people without them seeing it.

Lemme give you a little insight, Ariaria is a great market where you find many good and cheap goods, it is the 2nd largest market in the SE, so so so in the Africa, it sits on so so so km and tranversing so so so area, it attracts customers from so so so state, in fact, so so so, a foreigner from so so so country shopped at Ariria bla bla bla (the purpose of this paragraph is to market the market, to capture the interest of your audience, but everything damn thing you said MUST be the truth)

Now in the nxt paragraph
Unfortunately, accessing this market can be so difficult can especially for those living in so so so area.

But living closer to the market can be of great help.

But the bad news is, getting a good accommodation around those area can be so so so,

But the good news is sharing an apartment with a tenant can be so so so. (Now use this opportunity to sell the idea of co-tenancy but never mention your brand)

At the last paragraph, introduce your brand, then grab a pop corn and zip your zobo.

You might not get the biz immediately, but the most important thing is you have sold your business. With consistency, you will rush back here thanking me.

Disclaimer: What I stated is a mere format without professional polishing. The agenda are there but are not too subtle. Sensitive souls like us can still sniff out the marketing pitches it but it is not bad for your brand. But I prefer marketing to people without them knowing I am actually marketing to them. That way I convert more customers for my clients.

I just marketed myself with you thinking I am just advising you.

Oga, no free thing in Free town. Don't forget that.

I was controversial in the beginning to get this attention.

Lol.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice

Regards
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by OFFICIAL336: 11:38am On May 11, 2018
Asuokaa:

Thank you for the advice
Regards
In the industry I work, sometimes we fight to win.
Good luck.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by Asuokaa: 11:46am On May 11, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

In the industry I work, sometimes we fight to win.

Good luck.

look just because am yoruba and ur ibo

doesn't mean I hate u

I don't really know much about south east..

and beside am not the one that wrote the article but an ibo lady..

don't let use us use tribalism or hate be cloud our sense of reasoning for each other..

I love every Nigerian in respective of our tribes

peace bro
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by OFFICIAL336: 12:37pm On May 11, 2018
Asuokaa:

look just because am yoruba and ur ibo

doesn't mean I hate u

I don't really know much about south east..

and beside am not the one that wrote the article but an ibo lady..

don't let use us use tribalism or hate be cloud our sense of reasoning for each other..

I love every Nigerian in respective of our tribes

peace bro
Whoever wrote that article is not professional. Anyway, on your blog, it was published under Kolawole. It is demarketing one of the biggest commercial centre in Nigeria and it ended up demarketing you.

Marketing is creativity.

I am aware a lot of people from different states even from the North do come to Ariaria for bulk purchases. Many of them lodge in hotels.

Now your company offers a better and cheaper alternative to that.

But these people don't know.

Your marketing posts should while marketing Ariaria educates them on the benefits of short let's to hotel accommodation and then introduce your brand appropriately.

Then optimize those contents to appear for relevant search keywords.

What that post did was demarketing a market that could have given you market.

For instance, if Mr A reads your post and see Ariaria sells inferior goods, he will be discouraged. Now you won't have the opportunity to convert him.

Imagine you piqued his interest more and create one mental paradise of Ariaria (don't lie) and you offered him advise on how to save money while shopping there. Don't you think he would be so excited?

He would. The excitement will lead him to test co-tenancy.

Learn to see marketing opportunities where it seems less likely. Believe me, that is where they are.
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by Asuokaa: 4:40pm On May 11, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Whoever wrote that article is not professional. Anyway, on your blog, it was published under Kolawole. It is demarketing one of the biggest commercial centre in Nigeria and it ended up demarketing you.

Marketing is creativity.

I am aware a lot of people from different states even from the North do come to Ariaria for bulk purchases. Many of them lodge in hotels.

Now your company offers a better and cheaper alternative to that.

But these people don't know.

Your marketing posts should while marketing Ariaria educates them on the benefits of short let's to hotel accommodation and then introduce your brand appropriately.

Then optimize those contents to appear for relevant search keywords.

What that post did was demarketing a market that could have given you market.

For instance, if Mr A reads your post and see Ariaria sells inferior goods, he will be discouraged. Now you won't have the opportunity to convert him.

Imagine you piqued his interest more and create one mental paradise of Ariaria (don't lie) and you offered him advise on how to save money while shopping there. Don't you think he would be so excited?

He would. The excitement will lead him to test co-tenancy.

Learn to see marketing opportunities where it seems less likely. Believe me, that is where they are.

are u on what's app pls Send me ur no
Re: Nigeria Busiest Markets by OFFICIAL336: 1:15am On May 12, 2018
Asuokaa:

are u on what's app pls Send me ur no
I am sorry, I don't leave such information on anonymous forum like Nairaland. But contact me through officialWPMedia@gmail.com, it is my company's official anonymous communication channel. We use it to initiate official communications from anonymous platforms.

Disclaimer: we are not affiliated to www.wp-media.me, Wordpress or any of it's partners. OfficialWPMedia@gmail.com is an official anonymous communication channel to protect our privacy on faceless forums and from spammers.

(1) (Reply)

N50, 000 Monthly Electricity Bill In A 2bedroom Flat-Steve Obiakor / Drop All Problems You Have With 1688 And Get Immediate Assistance / Are You Planning To Apply For Tef Grant Come 2019? Join This Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.