Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer (28819 Views)

Man Takes Prostitute To A Hotel, Finds Out He's A Man (video) / US Police Breaks Car Window, Drags A Black Man Out, Finds Out He's Innocent / Man Hides HIV Status From Girlfriend, She Finds Out And Later Tested Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by EmagNig(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2018
A Nigerian lady has come on twitter to make a claim that one of the scammers written about on a website and were involved in a scamming spree on a Australian grandmother, is her uncle and he has been lost for 7 months.

Ladbible.com had written a piece on the grandmother who reportedly lost about $480,000 to three different scammers and the photo of the lost uncle was posted alongside the old woman who obviously were wedded at a time.

Suzie, who chose not to reveal her surname, admitted to 'info-tainment' show A Current Affair that she was 'gullible' but also says she was 'brainwashed' in her pursuit of finding the one.

The first man she met online claimed to be a British guy called David Fisher. After beginning an online romance, Suzie eventually handed over AUD $80,000 (£44,141 / USD $59,848) she had inherited from her dad - but once 'David' had the cash he disappeared.

Suzie then got chatting to a man calling him Johnson Williams - he told her he was an American soldier, fighting the Taliban. Before long, he also started asking for cash.
Suzie said:

"I went along with it because I thought, 'Wow, I've actually got somebody in my life now, and I'm committed to this man'."

Eventually, her bank got in touch after it spotted she was sending large sums of cash abroad. During a meeting with bank workers, she was told that the account she was transferring money to was also being sent cash from at least five other women. The account was based in Ghana - not the US.

In total, Suzie sent 'Johnson' almost AUD $300,000 (£165,531 / USD $224,440) before the bank intervened.

Despite her shocking experience of online relationships, Suzie also struck up a friendship with Godfrey Kyzungo, from Uganda, on Facebook.

However, the grandmother insisted on meeting him before parting with any money. She flew out to meet him after speaking for a few months, and within days of meeting face-to-face he proposed and they wed.

Suzie told the programme:

"I had nothing to lose. Godfrey loved me no matter whether I had money or not."

But it wasn't long before he started to ask for money and now, Suzie admits: "I don't want to use the word 'scam' with it, but I believe that deep down in his heart, this is his motive, was to marry me and come to Australia."

She is now looking to get her marriage annulled and is speaking out to warn others about potential 'romance scammers'.

Suzie said:

"I'm not proud of what I've done. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of it, but I just want it to be known to other women and men that this is what happens.

"You're not alone. These people are evil how they manipulate your mind."

https://lailasnews.com/lady-finds-out-on-twitter-her-lost-uncle-is-a-scammer/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by biacan(f): 12:04pm On May 11, 2018
Men will do anything for money..... nawa ooo

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 11, 2018
Who told you he was lost? Person don leave una for this shithole, you get mouth talk say him lost.

More like you people got lost looking for him.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 11, 2018
biacan:
Men will do anything for money..... nawa ooo

You people do much worse.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by biacan(f): 12:11pm On May 11, 2018
Earthbound:
Who told you he was lost? Person don leave una for this shithole, you get mouth talk say him lost.

More like you people got lost looking for him.
What do you have to say about his scamming attitude

9 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by biacan(f): 12:14pm On May 11, 2018
Earthbound:

Lies from the pit of hell...... yahoo yahoo,rituals,Thief are being done by who.....?

16 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
biacan:
What do you have to say about his scamming attitude

How he makes his money is his choice and nobody's business, unless you're a law enforcement officer.
biacan:
Lies from the pit of hell...... yahoo yahoo,rituals,Thief are being done by who.....?

Women participate in all of the above. Thank you.
Please don't quote me again, I don't have strength to argue.

1 Like

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Donald95(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2018
biacan:

You people open your leg because of money, get pregnant, give birth,fail to train the child which grows up to become all those things you earlier mentioned

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by HoodBillionaire: 1:22pm On May 11, 2018
men
see client

4 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 3:23pm On May 11, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Bamidey: 3:23pm On May 11, 2018
What if I tell you say that man no be her uncle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by ayusco85(m): 3:25pm On May 11, 2018
Please anyone caught his name from the write up? I couldn't find a name.

NCAN president, ajah branch reporting for duty

1 Like

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Abbeyme: 3:25pm On May 11, 2018
scammed.

Just like my scammer of 3 yrs ago is now calling me to edit my post on NL.

Scammer thinks like there's no tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by maxiuc(m): 3:25pm On May 11, 2018
grin
Soft work

In as much as I can't trade my peace for money
Same way I can't deprive others their peace because of money
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by BruncleZuma: 3:26pm On May 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Format Busted

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Pebcak: 3:26pm On May 11, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked
broda Uche is on a golden diet

1 Like

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Ayobami7(m): 3:26pm On May 11, 2018
Is Typing......
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Bamidey: 3:27pm On May 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
men
see client
ok
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by chuksanambra: 3:27pm On May 11, 2018
Uncle Uche
He has made us proud, money must be made.

This December, he will make us proud. He would get a chieftaincy title.

Igbo Amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by MrImole: 3:27pm On May 11, 2018
Frustration in every angle
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by binsanni(m): 3:27pm On May 11, 2018
hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

see the man head self cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the uncle family will like right now wink wink

1 Like

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Goddygee(m): 3:28pm On May 11, 2018
choi shocked be like money too much for Australia wey make dem no get sense again
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Reelmii: 3:28pm On May 11, 2018
so that is how yhey use to do in their family

1 Like

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by chuksanambra: 3:28pm On May 11, 2018
biacan:

You look like someone that would be good in a baby factory. Big mouth, moderate hips n no brain.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by Ubanagum: 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
You are very stupid for spewing that information up there, what do you stand to gain.this is what you get from a polygamous family where there is strife and envy
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by alphaconde(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
i am so hurt right now, a light skinned and tall busty girl took my pen today at a diamond bank oshodi and didnt return it. i gave you that pen with the hope of getting your number, now u took my pen and i didnt get your number. if you dont want ogun to kill you please call this number 08055929101 and give me my pen back.

thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by ayusco85(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
Earthbound:

Stop defending evil. She is right

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by PulseWeb: 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
its okkkk, next person cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by billionman: 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
Manipulating ones mind to believe what is not, is not an easy job. This guy and his kinds could use this talent positively. But then the negative reward is more appealing but can be short lived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer by toluleke(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2018
grin grin niggas bringing back money looted by politicians shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naval Rating Arrested Over Nengi Enenimiete's Death In Bayelsa Hotel / Six Prisoners Die In Ilorin Prison Riot Fighting For Meat / Man Returns Joystick He Stole With A Handshake In Port-Harcourt - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.