Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Advice To Ladies And Guys Before Going On A Date - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Advice To Ladies And Guys Before Going On A Date (614 Views)

Showcase your talents in the Spark 4 Talent Hunt Currently Going on. / Drop A Date That You Will Never Forget. / Book A Band ,book A Date For Your Event Get Entertained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To Ladies And Guys Before Going On A Date by savio93(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2018
Dear women,

Have a bit of class.

Sometime last month, I went to Shoprite to pick some groceries and noticed a girl with a shopping cart filled to the brim and almost overflowing. In my mind, I was wishing I had enough money to buy all the things that I needed, just like she'd obviously done.

It got to her turn to pay and she was unable to pay, she didn't have any money on her. The guy she came shopping with had absconded.

It was either the guy was a scum who decided to embarrass her publicly or he'd asked to buy some groceries for her and she decided to buy the entire Shoprite. I choose to go with the latter.

A lady wrote about another lady who'd told her friend that she needed to pick a couple of things from a store and the poor guy accompanied her. She ended up picking things worth ₦35,000 and asked the guy to pay. The guy refused to pay and she threatened to shame him online.

The other day, it was a guy asking a girl out on a date, the girl showing up with her friends and guzzling things worth over ₦40,000.

A guy gives you his debit card to go and have lunch, you remember that your entire generation is hungry and decide to buy food for all of them down to your ancestors.

I don't know what is going on or how we got here, but I know that something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Woman, have just a tiny bit of class.

If a guy asks you out on a date, go alone. If you don't trust him enough, choose a venue convenient for you, send out his details, phone number and a picture of his number plate to your family/friends or don't go at all. Quit stringing your friends along to dates. That's so 2010 and 2goish.

If you happen to go on a date, be reasonable in ordering. I suggest you order for things that you can afford to pay for if push comes to shove, unless your date asks you to do otherwise and you trust him.

But how on earth does one person guzzle ₦30,000 at once? Somebody's salary?

Get the menu, it's there for a reason. No, you're not being a wife material by choosing things you can afford, you're just having sense.

When the date is over, do not order for your friends at home. If you must, please, ask him first. Unless you're paying for the extra plates.

If a guy asks to go shopping for you, ask politely if there's a limit to what you can pick, depending on your relationship with him. Or, just pick reasonable things that you can pay for ordinarily.

AT ALL TIMES, BE ARMED WITH YOUR OWN MONEY. Call it vexing fee or emergency money, please be armed. At least, be able to afford a cab.

If you don't have money, sit your ass at home. If you don't go out, you won't die.

Stop this 'let me chop his money' attitude, it makes you dirty and classless.

Be classy. Know your worth and carry yourself like that. Have some self respect. Be responsible, that's what adults do.

Dear men,

If you take any lady out on a date and she orders for her friends without your permission, tell her to pay for the extra plates.

If she brings her friends to your date, without telling you first, split the bill.

If she shops too much, pay for as much as you want to pay and let her complete the rest.

Don't go broke to please anybody or because you're scared of being called broke. Pay as much as your pocket can shoulder without bleeding.

Don't go and have lunch in a 5 star restaurant and go home to drink garri without sugar for dinner (unless you're purging from the 5 star food).

Shine your eye.

Even if you kill yourself for us, men will always be scum.�

Your resident pastor,
Bibian.

#copied

Lalasticalala

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Ladies And Guys Before Going On A Date by timwudz(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2018
confirm

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Bouncing Castle For Sale In Festac, Lagos #800k 28*15ft Call Or Dm / Jumia Black Friday Nigeria - 2021 / Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.