Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Some Words Of Wisdom For Young Wives From Adaeze Yobo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Words Of Wisdom For Young Wives From Adaeze Yobo (590 Views)

For Those Who Got Wives From Edo, On What Condition Do They Return Bride Price / Daily Wisdom For Your Marriage / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Words Of Wisdom For Young Wives From Adaeze Yobo by LotusFan: 4:50pm On May 12, 2018
I am sure many of you will be able to learn one or two things from this.

Dear young wife...

Keep being kind. Don't change cos he changed. I know it's not all exactly the way you imagined it. it will take longer but you'll get there.

Don't feel pressure to be the perfect wife, cook n all. you can't be perfect. If you keep forcing it, you'll break down.

Always communicate with God first before any friend. yes, you can vent to one or two good friends just make sure you talk to God first and let that friend be on the same or Higher spiritual level than you.

Filter the advice you let in to avoid added stress even this one.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO VENT, YOU CAN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM ADVICING YOU SO UUST LISTEN LIKE A MUMU GUS NA YOU FIND TROUBLE; BUT JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT WHAT WORKS FOR A MAY NOT WORK FOR B.

Take care of your self, dress well, wash your hair ( I added dat one cos I feel great & relaxed whenever I wash my hair as ), look good n clean 'FOR YOU’ whether you're home or not.

Try to go out Church, Lunch, Gym anywhere and just gist. Gossip about hubby in a loving way, talk about all the silly, embarrassing stuff he must have done to you and just laugh with friends.

Choose your battles wisely! I know its easier said than done especially if you're hot-tempered like me (I think I've changed thou) If you're not ready to divorce then choose your Battles!

If he's about to say something that will get you upset just zone out or end the convo nicely.

A FRIEND OF MINE SAID WHEN SHE SENSED THE CONVO WON'T END WELL SHE SAYS SORRY I HAVE TO PEE THEN SHE DOESN'T RETURN AGAIN JUST TO AVOID WAHALA ; I LEARNT IT' I DID IT AND IT WORKED.
My Motto: You can't react to what you didn't hear

Dont take every word thrown at you seriously. in fact don't take yourself seriously.

I remember complaining to a friend about hubby and she said, "who 're you? who are you that he can't say it to you" I weak, but really who am I?

Act naive! yes act like it means nothing to you ( I'm still learning).

If its not the same for him. (i.e 'if you think' he puts everyone else before you) dont force it, it'll gradually happen don't forget he had people in his life before you.

if you wake up on the wrong side stay in your lane without being rude...

PRAY. TALK TO YOURSELF. CALL UP A FRIEND READ BOOKS. WATCH T.V GO TO WORK. DON'T GO LOOKING FOR ATTENTION COS YOU'LL SURELY GET IT, IT MIGHT BE MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR, SO JUST RESPECT YOURSELF UNTIL YOU GET YOURSELF TOGETHER.

*I transcribed to text from all the slides she shared on her page...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

John Snow, King Of The North In Game Of Thrones Got Married To Rose Leslie / Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.