Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) (1026 Views)

Erelu Tinuade Frowns At Installation Of Chinese Woman As Iyalaje Of Iru-land / PHOTOS: Popular NURTW Chieftain, Kunle Poly Visits New Oniru Of Iru, Pays Homage / Iru Kingdom: The End Of A Dominating Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) by brgiml: 5:01pm On May 12, 2018
I am most confused on what this ceremony as all about among the Igbo people, i know the Efiks and the Ibibios has the culture.i am most worried to hear its also practiced in the Igboland. can anybody give an elaborate explanation of it in the igbo way
Re: Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) by hurrycayne: 7:23pm On May 12, 2018
Never heard of its practice in igboland. I'm not Igbo though, so I guess that explains why.
Re: Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) by okwabayi(m): 12:55am On May 13, 2018
Igbos do it? This is nice to hear. It shows no matter how we claim differences based on tribes we're all the same based on customs.
Re: Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) by AdaFonju: 9:07am On May 13, 2018
Its a borrowed culture from the Ijaws & Ibibios
Re: Iru Mgbede (fattening Room) by TSOM(m): 5:56pm On May 13, 2018
AdaFonju:
Its a borrowed culture from the Ijaws & Ibibios

...And the Efiks, the Annangs and the Oro people.

It's called "Mbopo" in Ibibio and Efik (Efùk).

There are several aspects of the borrowed culture amonst the Igbos and the Akwa-Cross folks (Ibibio, Annang, Oro, Efik).

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Emir Of Lagos / Atheist Marriage In Nigeria / Countries Where Yoruba Language Is Widely Spoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.